Petrovych Would not lock onto Target , Choses empty ground or sea .

KoN

Attacking ground targets on the coast online Hoggit server . 

Set up  Petrovych  weapons on ready to fire ect . 

Seen targets on the coast line . Moved pilot cross over targets  Petrovych  sees targets gives me list . 

AAA .

Truck .

SAM . 

short down too choose SAM .

short Right to fire . 

But  Petrovych crosshair is pointing into the sea . ??? 

Four attempts . All miss Crosshair wont lock onto seen targets even if in list . Not like Youtube vide were  Petrovych  has crosshair on target . 

Love it though . 

Forgive me if I'm doing it wrong but copied many video . 

Edited by KoN

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

I was doing attack runs last night and for a while his targeting was fine ... but half way through the evening when he would call out a list of targets and I chose one to desginate the floating crosshair would snap to the target and then drift all over the place, like he was drunk.  But I have not had a chance to try and see if I can replicate it.  No idea what happened to cause that to start happening.  

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

Yeah, after a few attack runs he stopped giving me target lists all together. The sight would show up in my HUD pointing where I was telling him to search though. I may have outmaneuvered the gimbal (kept forgetting I have to micro manage that from the pilot seat too...) so I think it may just be an unresponsive implementation of that. I will test more later.

I sometimes have this issue where Petrovitch cannot find or lock targets. The reticle just stays wherever I aimed at and pressed short up while using the AI menu. Note that it doesn't happen on every session but regularly.
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong 🤨

Edited by ConkersBFD

• ConkersBFD changed the title to Petrovitch not locking on targets (sometimes)

OK see what I can do . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

In the fire range mission, i try to fly without sudden movements, tell Petrovich where to aim, gives me the list, choose one, and the crosshair always aim off target, as if the viewfinder was out of calibration, never on it . This just works the first time i shoot an ATGM

I've been experiencing this too and I think it's possibly because the sight's being broken/getting stuck/misaligned by manoeuvring too hard after another ATGM run. I've just re-watched Wags' video and although he kinda skips over it (because he forgets on his first run), I think we need to hit Petrovich down-short after each run (to command him to look out / lock the gimbals) before manoeuvring, otherwise you run the risk of breaking things. Haven't had a chance to test that theory yet, but I suspect that's where the problem is.

6 hours ago, backspace340 said:

I've been experiencing this too and I think it's possibly because the sight's being broken/getting stuck/misaligned by manoeuvring too hard after another ATGM run. I've just re-watched Wags' video and although he kinda skips over it (because he forgets on his first run), I think we need to hit Petrovich down-short after each run (to command him to look out / lock the gimbals) before manoeuvring, otherwise you run the risk of breaking things. Haven't had a chance to test that theory yet, but I suspect that's where the problem is.

In my case, that wasn't the issue since I flew straight from the FARP to the enemy airfield and removed the covers just before the attack run. 

Maybe it's a case of being a little too far (although I think I was within 5km)

Can Petrovitch locate targets when slightly out of range ? If not, that might have been my issue. 

Yep, I have experienced the same, further more, when in this state even though he was specificly told to close the sight, which he does, but then he will open it again by himself, when already turned off target. Then a Warning appears of gymbal Limits, and then its most likely completely broken.