Why End Sale MID day? !!

Gumbie

Just as it says why do they always end sales mid day?   Its foolish I was getting ready to finish picking up some items and went to check out and the price changes so there goes that $150 purchase!!     When you say sale ends on a the 12th it should be at maybe 8pm or even as late as 12pm just a opinion, not like its going to hurt any thing its all automated in first place and some people wait tell the end because they can't make there minds up like myself.  Just something I have always wondered to is why they end there sales early in the mornings instead of at Night.

Edited by Gumbie

• ED Team

Hi 

we made it clear in the newsletter 

The Summer Sale is in its last days; don’t miss out on these great savings! Most modules and campaigns are up to 50% off. Act now, this offer ends Monday at 15:00 GMT.

Sorry if you missed out but we can not change it.

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

11 minutes ago, Gumbie said:

Just as it says why do they always end sales mid day?   Its foolish I was getting ready to finish picking up some items and went to check out and the price changes so there goes that $150 purchase!!     When you say sale ends on a the 12th it should be at maybe 8pm or even as late as 12pm just a opinion, not like its going to hurt any thing its all automated in first place and some people wait tell the end because they can't make there minds up like myself.  Just something I have always wondered to is why they end there sales early in the mornings instead of at Night.

You know the sun doesn't turn around the USA? It has to end mid day for someone...

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 4

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

14 minutes ago, Gumbie said:

Just something I have always wondered to is why they end there sales early in the mornings instead of at Night.

... and I have always wondered why there are people that waits until the last day of a sale to do their purchase 🙄

• Like 7

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

... and I have always wondered why there are people that waits until the last day of a sale to do their purchase 🙄

That too!

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

8 hours ago, QuiGon said:

You know the sun doesn't turn around the USA? It has to end mid day for someone...

First off no one said that or thought that but guess you have may have a issue 

8 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi 

we made it clear in the newsletter 

Sorry if you missed out but we can not change it.

I frankly don't give two shits about missing the purchase in the end it saved me $150 bucks which I bought IL2 Normandy with so it is what it is.     

Again I just asked a simple question is why not run these events until at least 8pm for each area/location.     I am not asking for the discount or for it to be turned back on it was just a question which I think a lot of games lose a little revenue by shutting them down early because some people do spend money last min, and people who do this are people who have to work long hours and have family's who sometimes forget or just don't have those extra seconds to make the purchase.

Just to fill in those people who don't understand why people wait to last second to make a purchase it happens.    An if you still can't understand why then guess your life doesn't have a very hectic life, your job doesn't take 60+ hours a week from you and your home life takes up the rest which can lead to you forgetting things.           

It seems like people get offended when you ask Question in the Forums so ill just keep my remarks to myself.    Thanks for the replys

@Gumbie  - I know it can be frustrating to miss out on a sale by a matter of hours if you are busy at work. I'm sorry you missed out on the sale window.

To answer your question (from a programmers perspective) - 8pm for each area/location isn't practical - and what you're asking is not reasonable once you understand what's involved. There would be a re-coding required just to accommodate this - taking resources away from DCS development to accommodate this in the system is not worth it - and I strongly suspect the return simply wouldn't be worth the investment to the company to accommodate this (and then it could be abused by VPN's, etc). For what benefit? A hand full of sales for people who wait to the last minute but get it wrong? It would cost them more than they'd make and wouldn't be a wise business decision. And then there's the bugs. What if your ISP's end is through a different time zone - and you miss out on a sale because of that? How does ED accommodate that? Or if you're using a VPN that routes elsewhere. Too many variables to be a realistic option. Rather - giving clear indication (including the time in GMT) is a far more practical, precise, and responsible approach - which is what ED did. 

Sending out a message saying exactly when it will stop (including the time) is more than some companies actually do - with an unknown cutoff point. Having a hectic life (and I'm sorry yours is so busy at the moment) - but it still doesn't mean others need to work around you - precise information was provided - and it's a shame life was complicated to the point that you missed out this time, but ED's approach was reasonable and there's nothing that really needs to change.

Hopefully this helps show why it's not practical. It may not be the answer you want - but I think it's a realistic explanation to your question as to why it's not done.

As for your remark regarding people getting offended - respectfully - the only post in here with swearing is yours. Your frustrated, and upset - OK - I can understand that... but please also consider others. Bignewy is here to provide support to DCS customers - not to take abuse from them when they want to vent out or to be sworn at by them.

There will most likely be another sale in 6 months if your interested - but reading from your last post - it sounds as though you are more happy now with your other purchase in the end, and if so - maybe this all worked out for the better in the end for you anyway, so it could have been a blessing in disguise. Either way - I hope the pressure of work and home life settle down a bit for you soon. Take care.

Edited by Dangerzone
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don't think "abusing" a sale that goes on for a few hours more is a significant problem. It has to end at some point, but it doesn't really hurt the company if someone gets a deal a short time after their region's sale ending.

That said, I think the simplest way would be to announce the end of the sale earlier. 🙂 Or perhaps some sort of grace period for products in cart, they'd keep their discount that they had when they were added (could also help when payment problems arise, for instance). 

28 minutes ago, Dragon1-1 said:

I don't think "abusing" a sale that goes on for a few hours more is a significant problem. It has to end at some point, but it doesn't really hurt the company if someone gets a deal a short time after their region's sale ending.

That said, I think the simplest way would be to announce the end of the sale earlier. 🙂 Or perhaps some sort of grace period for products in cart, they'd keep their discount that they had when they were added (could also help when payment problems arise, for instance). 

Graphics

Artboard 1.png

9 July 2021

Dear Fighter Pilots, Partners and Friends,:pilotfly: 

[...]

The Summer Sale is in its last days; don’t miss out on these great savings! Most modules and campaigns are up to 50% off. Act now, this offer ends Monday at 15:00 GMT. 

Thank you for your passion and support.

Yours sincerely, 

Eagle Dynamics Team

Edited by Tom Kazansky

19 hours ago, Gumbie said:

Well, I guess you got bitten by a timeline bug - it's always midday somewhere in the world. There may be a few good take-aways here

• Don't wait until the last minute. I believe ED published the sales times well in advance so we can plan ahead
  • Now you can look forward to the next sale
  • Most importantly: It's always beer o'clock somewhere, so act accordingly 🙂

Cheers,

-ch

10 hours ago, Gumbie said:

why not run these events until at least 8pm for each area/location

That may be a local thing - at some point in time you want to close down the extra time your support staff needs to be on call. If you ran the sale for a couple of days, it's no longer a mission critical issue, so you'll probably fix that at 5 pm of your business' local time, which (IIRC) works out as 3 pm GMT for ED.

-ch

Edited by cfrag

On 7/13/2021 at 3:04 AM, Gumbie said:

First off no one said that or thought that but guess you have may have a issue 

They think that because it's a dumb question. ED is a European compamy that, unsurprisingly, aligns their business hours accordingly.

I frankly don't give two shits about missing the purchase

You cared so little you made an entire thread devoted to complaining about something with a painfully obvious answer.

in the end it saved me $150 bucks which I bought IL2 Normandy with so it is what it is.

I believe this is called ''negging'', like, ''Oh well you won't answer my 47 calls, but screw you I went with another girl instead you aren't worth it''. A hallmark of ''nice guys'' and reasonable debate the world over.

Again I just asked a simple question is why not run these events until at least 8pm for each area/location.

Or you could like... not wait to the last minute? Or like... understand it's nobody's responsibility to cater to you personally? If it was ''8pm'' instead of ''midday'', you'd be complaining ''why couldn't you wait till midnight, it was only four more hours!'' or ''why did you end it midweek I get paid on Friday!'' Or ''why did you end it mid month, I get paid on 20th just a few days later''. People make these ridiculous posts every sale.

I am not asking for the discount or for it to be turned back on it was just a question

It was a complaint, not a question. Thus the ''this is foolish'' remark.

which I think a lot of games lose a little revenue by shutting them down early

If only they would hire you to do their marketing for them, By Grabthor's Hammer think of the savings!

because some people do spend money last min

There's literally always a ''last minute'' and people like you will always complain when their tardiness or inattention results in them missing something.

and people who do this are people who have to work long hours

Irrelevant

and have family's

*families. Also, irrelevant.

who sometimes forget or just don't have those extra seconds to make the purchase.

Nobody cares.

Just to fill in those people who don't understand why people wait to last second to make a purchase it happens.

Waiting to the last minute is a sign of procrastination and poor judgment, nothing else.

An if you still can't understand why then guess your life doesn't have a very hectic life

Everybody is busy. You're not special.

your job doesn't take 60+ hours a week from you and your home life takes up the rest which can lead to you forgetting things.

See above.

It seems like people get offended when you ask Question in the Forums

No, people don't necessarily jump onboard with every senseless complaint.

so ill just keep my remarks to myself.

You're more than welcome to participate in the community. But this isn't exactly a productive way to go about it, and nobdoy think's you deserve special consideration, nor does your country deserve special consideration.

Thanks for the replys

FaithfulTerribleHyracotherium-size_restr

Edited by Mars Exulte
  • Like 3

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

To those people who discussed this like adult human beings that can act older then 5 thank you for your insight again was a simple question which, some people took it to a new extent of being Rude which is a simple way of putting it.   

An if you where not trying to be Rude and I mistook what you said, my apologizes but I am sure we all can read this post and 100% know who those people where.

Its like people cant understand that we all have different lives some have easier lives then others and can sit at home all day in the recliner and others have to work 20 hour days which some people still don't understand why they end up catching sale at the end.    I still find it hard that people really can't put themselves in the other persons shoes and can see that sometimes shiz just happens.

This just go to show you can't even ask a simple question on forums anymore due to those people who have to act like no one cares,   here's life lesson for you if you don't care then Don't Reply just because your life is shit or your having a bad day.       As they say KEEP WALKING!!!!

So again to those who replied discussing the question again thank you.   To the rest of those I wish you a great day.  

Edited by Gumbie

OK, so now you have learned what it means when they tell you the sale ends at 15:00 GMT, so you can plan accordingly next time.

I would have loved it if my Oncologist and Radiation Oncologist could have catered to my busy work schedule, but that just isn't how a business operates...even one that gives medical treatments.  I adjusted my schedule to fit theirs.  It sucked at first, but I sucked it up and got used to it.  I realize its not as important as a sale for video games though.

Improvise, adapt, and overcome.

• Like 2

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly: