East German and/or Reunified German version?

TheLongShanks

Much like the Mig 29, the Hind was in the East German air force and became shortly active in the newly unified German Airforce in the early 90s. 

Is there any chance we may see an East German or NATO German version, or if not how would one go about creating a good mod of one? 

I take it the cockpit and livery would the only necessities

Cheers

• Like 1

You'll probably need to find someone who is into creating skins/liveries and provide him with picture materials of the version you have in mind.

A good point to start may be the download section. It's full of skin-creators.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

13 hours ago, Hiob said:

You'll probably need to find someone who is into creating skins/liveries and provide him with picture materials of the version you have in mind.

A good point to start may be the download section. It's full of skin-creators.

I'll ask around 

The only other thing is the SPO-15, which is a RWR that's a bit more advanced.

It features quite prominent antennae on the fuselage.

tumblr_ph2d0hHAiT1woidu0o1_1280.jpg

One of the antennae can be seen in between the pilot door and the cabin door.

• Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

22 hours ago, TheLongShanks said:

Much like the Mig 29, the Hind was in the East German air force and became shortly active in the newly unified German Airforce in the early 90s. 

Neither air force used the Hind. Unlike the MiG-29 the Hind was not in service with the air forces, but with the Army Aviation Corps "Armeefliegerkräfte" of East Germany and after reunification they were briefly used by the Army Aviation Corps "Heeresflieger" of the Bundeswehr for a few years.

• Like 3

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

9 hours ago, QuiGon said:

Neither air force used the Hind. Unlike the MiG-29 the Hind was not in service with the air forces, but with the Army Aviation Corps "Armeefliegerkräfte" of East Germany and after reunification they were briefly used by the Army Aviation Corps "Heeresflieger" of the Bundeswehr for a few years.

OK right. Thanks for the clarification 

There is a recent book on the Hind ive been reading that talks about the German political difficulty in assimilating a Helicopter witht he word 'attack' in its name. So for largely political reasons, the Unified German Goverment sold all the Hinds off. Ironically German troops when fighting in Afghanistan who were still waiting for the Eurocopter Tiger, had to received air support from Polish Hinds, many of which were ex DDR examples the Germans had sold onto them....

On 7/15/2021 at 4:04 PM, Britchot said:

What is the title of this book, if you don't mind?

Here you go.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mil-Mi-24-Attack-Helicopter-Worldwide/dp/0764358677/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=mil+24+hind&qid=1626530303&s=books&sr=1-10

It was a bit cheaper when I got it, if you are going to get it I would get it soon because it looks, rather like the Yefim Gordon book, the price is starting to shoot up.

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2021 at 9:59 AM, stuart666 said:

Here you go.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mil-Mi-24-Attack-Helicopter-Worldwide/dp/0764358677/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=mil+24+hind&qid=1626530303&s=books&sr=1-10

It was a bit cheaper when I got it, if you are going to get it I would get it soon because it looks, rather like the Yefim Gordon book, the price is starting to shoot up.

Thank you! Picked one up for $29 USD. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Would also enjoy a good quaility west german skin. I don't know though where the Hinds would have been sationed, if we adopted them.

And if they would have gotten the same coulours as the Bo-105. Wonder how that would look like.

Alias in Discord: Mailman

3 hours ago, Bananabrai said:

Would also enjoy a good quaility west german skin. I don't know though where the Hinds would have been sationed, if we adopted them.

And if they would have gotten the same coulours as the Bo-105. Wonder how that would look like.

HFS 80 91-92,

And I think hfs79 but I haven't found that info anywhere else yet.

18 hours ago, TheLongShanks said:

HFS 80 91-92,

And I think hfs79 but I haven't found that info anywhere else yet.

What is HFS again? Just know HSG, LTG, HTG,...

Edit: Sorry, was confused, knew it before.

Edited by Bananabrai

Alias in Discord: Mailman