buying the russian version

siniraag

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Start there - how did you manage to transfer funds to a Webmoney account?

In the UK I found you have to use either a Paysafe or Ukash voucher. Both are available from any Paypoint outlet - my local garage sold me a 12gbp Ukash voucher (ended up about 400 rubles after all the fees. You need 300. I had to play safe and go higher). You enter the voucher code into your Webmoney Euro purse first, then transfer to your Ruble purse.

I believe you can use Paypal to fund a Webmoney purse in other countries.

Edit - I needed to upgrade my Webmoney account by supplying extra ID info before it allowed the fund transfer. Up to 'Formal' WM Passport status.

Edited by Vitesse2l
  • Like 3

Excellent info, I was going to go the DVD route but this sounds much better, maybe not as cost effective but certainly seems more time effective, +1 rep for you!

As far as sourcing the game for use in a country outside the CIS I expect that as long as you are ordering from a legitimate source and are not having to falsify any information that ED/TFC would have no grounds to object, especially as all of us attempting to do this will buy the proper version that comes out in our regions, probably 2 minutes after it becomes available!! As long as our actions are not designed to harm ED I think we will all be fine. This thread just proves how dedicated we are to supporting this product, and would have been locked a long time ago if there was anything dubious being suggested.

I was always looking forward to learning how the fly the KA50 in russian, since I will be learning from scratch anyway, I didn't think that it would add to much more complexity.

More info please on the download steps, did you have to register? I am registered at 1C but the russian 1C site doesn't seem to recognise me.

Cheers.

Edited by FOD

Well, seems like several would like to know...

I had to register with the russian 1C and place BS in the basket. I then had to get funds into my 1C account from Webmoney. 1C integrates with Webmoney and that worked OK. Finding the files to D/L took a little while though. Found them under the BS 'game' link.

I did not put any 'wrong' info in at all - the 1C system knew my ID and location all along. It also logged the three failed attempts I made to pay! The system was robust enough to stand my ham fisted clicking around the site and let me complete the transaction. Babelfish was my friend.

hmm, finding it tricky to move money from paypal to webmoney, anyone know how?

ok so instead i would like to get a ukash voucher to top up my webmoney account, but like you said before, i need to ugrade to a formal passport, but i dont know what info it needs when it asks for "legal identification"??

any help would be welcomed.

Edited by repent

LOL.....

Should we need to jump through these hoops?.....

ED or 1C can have my money gladly....but please make it very easy....

I want to log in (in English)....enter my credit card details......enter the amount (happy to pay between £40 - £50 for cutting edge software) enter my personal details

Press enter.....and have the money credited to their account and a DOWNLOAD link sent to me!!!!

Couldn't be easier really.....

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

no we shouldnt gary i agree, perhaps if they had released it in europe first it would have been a better idea, i mean, if people in russia are only paying about 7-8 GBP then it wont matter as much about piracy etc as the europeans and americans will have bought millions if not billions, no even trillions of copies.

Jeeeez... i found much easier fly BlackShark then buy this russian version... :music_whistling:

I'll buy the original of course...

Goddammit, i'll even buy a deluxe version with a freacking manual printed inside.. like falcon was .. several years ago.

Just cause i love (not in a gay way) ED guys and all the job they had with this amazing sim. Congrats dudes.. great job your guys done here.

Who the hell had this ideia of realease the russian version in first place???

Anyways.. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asteroids

Update this

:D

I might be wrong, but the reason the Russian version is not easily available to western customers is the fact that you can easily modify it to be an English version (at least 95% of it). So some people might have the idea to get the cheap Russian version, modify it and not get the more expensive western version when it comes out, resulting in loss of sale and less $$$ for ED. Again this is just my opinion, I'm not all sure about all that 'Russian version got compromised = Russian version available only to CIS customers' bit. It was their decision making, based on whatever problems or fears they encountered.

I ordered the Russian version but haven't gotten it yet. I will also buy the US version when it comes out, and I would love to have the option to buy a nice printed looseleaf manual like the old Falcon one.....hopefully in time this stuff will all come to pass. I think its too bad for ED they couldn't get this out in the western markets before Christmas though...I think thats going to cost them sales in the long run.

MD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

http://www.ukash.com/ukash/how-ukash-works/how-to-get-ukash

Get the voucher from a Paypoint outlet. I spent £12 to make sure. No problem buying.

Thanks Vitesse2l. From the Ukash site it seems that there is a store close to me that sells the vouchers. I'll give it a go.

One final question before I spend my hard-earned £12: Can you definitely download BS with a *UK* origin using Ukash/Webmoney/1C? e.g. putting UK in as my hometown etc??

Aslo, can you confirm that this is the correct Webmoney site: http://www.wmtransfer.com/

Cheers,

Edited by CrashEd

wooooooooooooooohoooooooooooo, downloading right now, many thanks must go to vitesse, heres what i did, created the webmoney account, created a new purse (euro), created a new purse (roubel), funded the euro purse with my ukash voucher i got from the shop, then exchanged this to my rouble purse.

follow the instructions on the website, using a combination of google translate and systran to read it, and now its gonna be downloaded in less than an hour, YEEEEHAA, anyone needs help please ask.

• Like 1

...as the europeans and americans will have bought millions if not billions, no even trillions of copies.

hehehe :D How many people you think we have on this plannet?

so, you need two purses (sounds like a woman purse) and need to add cash in one currenty then convert to another then pay at this russian website... right... and how do you get money into this first purse... without these wouchers... where do you get them anyway?

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

YEEEEHAA, anyone needs help please ask.

Well done Repent,

Did your Webmoney registration go ok? I get to the point where I choose either 'Classic' or 'Lite' for the client interface and if I choose Classic, only the Russian dowload is avaiable (not much use and also I don't want their software on my pc ;)). If I choose the Lite version with personal digital certificate (seems to be a better option) I get to the screen where you agree to the terms and conditions etc and it hangs. There is a message saying 'Donloading Active X Control...' and nothing happens!

Sooooooo close. Please help if you can!! Tell me exactly what you did in Webmoney (if you can ;) )

Edited by CrashEd

ok firstly, here is where you get the ukash vouchers, http://www.ukash.com/gb-en/ukash/where-to-spend-ukash/get-ukash-worldwide tap in your post code, go along to the shop, and ask for a voucher, i got a £15 one. they give you a receipt with the voucher number on it.

you need the classic version, now when trying to download this dont use any translator for the page or it wont let you have it, once this is installed and you have then set up your webmoney account you must find on the web money program where its says add funds, use the option for ukash, follow it through till you have to create a formal passport, i used my driving licence for the legal ident. once this was done, i created the two purses previously mentioned, used the voucher to fund the euro purse, then transfered the money to the ruble purse, then procedeed with buying from the site. if anymore help is needed, please pm me and ill give you my msn messenger nick so i can help more

you need the classic version, now when trying to download this dont use any translator for the page or it wont let you have it, once this is installed and you have then set up your webmoney account you must find on the web money program where its says add funds, use the option for ukash, follow it through till you have to create a formal passport, i used my driving licence for the legal ident. once this was done, i created the two purses previously mentioned, used the voucher to fund the euro purse, then transfered the money to the ruble purse, then procedeed with buying from the site. if anymore help is needed, please pm me and ill give you my msn messenger nick so i can help more

Many thanks mate.

Yeah, the shop round the corner sells the vouchers, so no probs there :)

Did you use the English or Russian version of the Classic WM software? The reason I ask is that the English version is not avaiable. Maybe the server went down?! :huh:

Will keep trying...

firstly i would like to say to the devs that me purchasing the russian downloading version WILL NOT stop me buying the english version of this game, i dont mind paying for a game im just incredibly impatient.

secondly, WOW, what a game, i love it already, only been playing it half an hour but in SIM mode i have got all my controls set up, track ir working, and i am able to take off, land, fly around, use the shvak. thankyou DEVS.