buying the russian version

siniraag

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to ruin everyone's fun, but how safe do you feel giving your credit card details out? I contacted my bank to see if I could place any restrictions on the use of my card after such a purchase and it is pretty much giving them the authority to max out your card, they did not recommend it unless I was familar with the company.

I hope you guys don't have a problem, but searching to find out how reputable the companies are is really hard, and any problems will be very difficult to sort through.

Just pitching in a word of caution, not a criticism of anyone OK?

Good luck!

use a paypal account they will make a one time use credit card number for you..

• Like 1

use a paypal account they will make a one time use credit card number for you..

Now there's a useful piece of info!

Ta :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I don't want to ruin everyone's fun, but how safe do you feel giving your credit card details out? I contacted my bank to see if I could place any restrictions on the use of my card after such a purchase and it is pretty much giving them the authority to max out your card, they did not recommend it unless I was familar with the company.

I hope you guys don't have a problem, but searching to find out how reputable the companies are is really hard, and any problems will be very difficult to sort through.

Just pitching in a word of caution, not a criticism of anyone OK?

Good luck!

Well that's the beauty of a Credit Card. I have ordered from them and will be watching that card closely. The advantage of the credit card is that it is also the issuer's problem too!

Last time I had a card cloned I made the call and everything was refunded straight away :)

Now if you are using a debit card... Well then you are royally f**ked...

And after all you are only entering into a contractual purchase agreement for the agreed amount.

xx rubles as per the price stated on the website... yadda yadda yadda.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Well that's the beauty of a Credit Card. I have ordered from them and will be watching that card closely. The advantage of the credit card is that it is also the issuer's problem too!

Last time I had a card cloned I made the call and everything was refunded straight away :)

Now if you are using a debit card... Well then you are royally f**ked...

And after all you are only entering into a contractual purchase agreement for the agreed amount.

xx rubles as per the price stated on the website... yadda yadda yadda.

I am pretty sure paypal will protect your purchase, if you use firefox download the paypal plug-in you can get this once you login to your paypal account its in the top left corner of the webpage under tools. it will detect the credit card box and ask you to create a one card use or a multi use card for any transation you need to make online.

2-10 weeks??? Ordering a Bentley doesn't take that long. It's a freakin' DVD. They put it in a box, stick the address on it and off it goes. What the hell are they doing to it for 10 weeks?

I chose airmail so I REALLY hope this is not going to take 10 weeks.

Edited by RobGordon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Admin staff over at the site must think Christmas has come early :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Enough waiting for me.....

I'm ordering a copy from Russia and taking the risk....something that frankly pisses me off that I should even need to do so.......I'm prepared to pay for it and its available!...how difficult can it be, really?

The software is in the public domain and still no news of how to get a legal copy from anyone!...pffft

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

I'm on a roll here bear with me...

Just had a thought...

If I was to order say 20/30 copies...is there a market here for me to sell on?...at a very small profit?

Anyone interested, or shall I just order my copy?

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

...something that frankly pisses me off that I should even need to do...
Clarification: you don't need to.

The software is in the public domain and still no news of how to get a legal copy from anyone!
The copy in the public domain is not intended to be distributed outside of the CIS. You are frustrated that you are having a hard time getting your hands on software that isn't intended for the market you are in. A friend of mine recently settled a lawsuit for distributing software outside of the intended market. There is nothing strange or unusual about this. If you want to get your hands on a product outside of the intended market, you are taking whatever risks you deem worthwhile, but it isn't something the source company can help you with.

As for the why, we've already attempted to explain that as best we can in my open letter.

I don't mean to be harsh and I do sympathies with you. I'm sorry you're frustrated, but so is ED.

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Just had a thought...

If I was to order say 20/30 copies...is there a market here for me to sell on?...at a very small profit?

Just ordered one myself. I feel like kid waiting for christmas :)

For other people looking to order....You will have to register on that site, before they allow use of a credit card. Small tip, try to use a Translator as little possible, it seems to glitch parts of the ordering process (or it could very possilbly be me being stupid) Ordered now anyway.

Gary you may make tidy profit on ebay if you advertise around a few forums. But as with any investment don't gamble with what you can't afford to lose.

Nate

Just had a thought...

Yeah, but where do you live? What would be the postage form your place to mine? Time lost?

Basically, it could cost much more and I could get it few days before Western release. Then, because the disc will travel 2 times in post office, there is more chance of damage. Finally, in case of any problem, I will have to return disc back to YOU, as you alone have a receipt and proof of purchase :(

Very tricky....

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

Purchasing from http://www.iqpig.ru guide:

First, select between the DVD or the DVD box by going to this link:

http://www.qpig.ru/FindPage.asp

When you get to the main page of the selected item, click on the button BUY:

pic1py4.th.jpg

The item will be added to your cart, click on the following line to change or COMPLETE the purchase:

pic2ep5.th.jpg

Once you are at the next page with the item details click the following:

pic3ef9.th.jpgthpix.gif

You will be notified that you have to register, blah blah, so click this:

pic4gq2.th.jpgthpix.gif

When you reach the register screen here is a translation whats what, don't worry about the stuff that I didn't translate, not important like phone number, etc. Now if you don't know what your country name looks like in Cyrillic, go to translate.ru or google translation, enter your country name and match it with a country in the list. :

pic5ri2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Once you register you should be at the screen to select a shipment method:

pic6qs0.th.jpgthpix.gif

Next, you'll review the options you selected and hit Complete Purchase:

pic7zp8.th.jpgthpix.gif

I don't want to go any further because once you click that, the order will be reviewed by the store. Basically go to translate.ru or google translations to translate the bits that you are not sure of. You select a payment method, enter credit card details and that is it.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Shaggy: Im doing the same. Im in every store i know and talk to them about BS. Many are clueless about the sim gems: "oh you mean that upcoming PS3 game?" -errh no... :D

Well im doing my best to educate them.

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS