Problems with Mosquito

Japo32

No luck here with the Mossie either.  I don't even get it to recognize one command.

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Terry Dactil said:

Any idea when this patch might be available?

2 weeks (tm) 

Sorry, could not resist 🤷‍♂️

If I was him, I would wait for the Oct 14/15th patch, since heatblur announced quiet a few changes for the Tomcat, which I would incorporate, but that is just me. 

So, the answer is no 

• 1 month later...

Anyone got it working on the Mosquito yet?

I have installed the latest version (2.5.25) and getting some strange results.

For example ...

• 'Options' working when called at the beginning of a mission.
  • 'Options' menu appears just after leaving the ground on takeoff, but does not react to any voice commands but it can be cleared with F12  selection with mouse.
  • Any further Vaicom commands get no reaction only the confirmation beep that it was received.
  • Other standard Voice Attack commands are still working correctly.

I have tried deleting the export.lua file in Saved Games and also setting the "use custom DCS path" on, but with no effect.

Any suggestions?

@Hollywood_315have a big bunch of changes to make in a future update. Previously he usually made the updates just not so many days after the beta updates (even, sometimes the same day of beta-release). Now we have to wait more, I think to the release of the stable version... but stable came with the Mosquito and still we do not have anything. 

I am starting to be worried about when DCS change all the ATC system what will happen with VAICOM.

Edited by Japo32

• 2 weeks later...

OK. Commands now being recognized after the latest update.

Trouble is most take about 30 seconds before the action happens.

Better, but still pretty much still unusable for me.

Any ideas on speeding up the response time?

*** DISREGARD ***

Fixed by deleting the export.lua files. Now seems to be working OK.

*** IT IS STILL BUGGERED ***

Works perfectly at start of a  mission, but when into the mission some commands (options. kneeboard, wingman etc) are delayed by over a minute.

Edited by Terry Dactil
Not fixed yet.

Love the update.  My Mossie now works, except for the "Start priming engines" command.  I just use the "Options" command to get around it.  Is there a voice command I am missing for priming engines?

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

Just now, Hollywood_315 said:

Check on the PTT tab whether the radio device is active (powered) or greyed out.
The Mosquito is in Early Access state and things are expect to evolve still on ED side.

Thanks, but is the command added?
Because I can't really find it in the keywords editor or the manual.
Cheers!

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

Info:

Fixed all my problems with the brute force method.

• As I was getting the confirmation beep and the log showed the commands being recognized, I assumed something was getting screwed up further downstream in DCS.
  • Uninstalled DCS and cleaned everything off that drive. DCS was the sole occupant of this SSD.
  • Re-installed DCS from scratch.

Probably only needed deleting the saved games folder, but what the heck - I had all day to watch the download progress bar.  :yes:

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ollk22 said:

Anyone got the prime engines command to work? Would be real nice to have this!

What is it? I couldn't find it in the Keywords Editor, so I assumed it wasn't added yet.
I've requested it, but never got an answer.

And as you can see from my screen captures above, it's not in the manual either.

Edited by MAXsenna

19 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

What is it? I couldn't find it in the Keywords Editor, so I assumed it wasn't added yet.
I've requested it, but never got an answer.

And as you can see from my screen captures above, it's not in the manual either.

No the command is not included... I would have thought VA would pick it up but I think it only does that with F10 commands? 😞

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/21/2022 at 8:51 AM, ollk22 said:

Anyone got the prime engines command to work? Would be real nice to have this!

This one works for me.

Just open the window and  tell the ground crew to start priming. Get Voice Attack to call up the 'Options' menu and the F8, F6 stuff.

When I say: [Ground; ] [ready for start; start priming]

Execute command, 'Options' (by name) (do not execute if already running and wait until it completes)
Pause 0.1 seconds
Press F8 key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
Pause 0.1 seconds
Press F6 key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release

(I also get Nigel, my navigator, to do all the switching & button pressing to actually start the engines. It's handy to have a helper)!

Edited by Terry Dactil
corrected typo
  • Like 1