• Visa, CD delivery
    • Visa, Download
    • PayPal, CD delivery
    • PayPal, Download

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It only takes me about 20 minutes to download 150mb, so even if FC is 600 mb it still wont take me too long....but you 56kers are going to have a hell of time. I would suggest that if it's over 50 mb and you're on dial up then just go over to a friends that has broadband and purchase/download it from there. Just make sure he/she has a CD/DVD burner so you can transfer the file to your pc.

Edit: I must have missed the info regarding the download size on this website the 1st time I looked but according to ED the FC addon will be approximately 250mb..that’s about a 35 minute download.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

poll distribution method for flamin cliffs

:!: A Lot of people still do not have high speed connections. If you have lucky you your options are more flexible. For Dial-up the best way as I see it would be Visa(CD). don't mind the wait. I have waited this long and a little more makes no difference to me personally.

Rattler :!:

Visa or Master Card and download for me!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Mailed CD + download + CD of several biggest gaming magazines (team up with UBI/online shops to include dicount coupons for original Lockon).

Then online, email or phone activation using something like http://www.star-force.com/index.phtml?category=48&type=5 (see docs/presentation)

But I guess it's too late. Hopefuly add-on sells well, so there will be future for 1.2 and new avia-sims by ED.

ED in all good I would like to suggest to use ACTIVATION mechanisms like those of some online games like Joint operations etc... I mean u cannot re use serials and u have accounts etc and u should have a database to check every serial manufactured. LOCKON 1.1 needs to be as protected as possible and its worth all of it. 8)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

• 4 weeks later...

I for one would prefer a CD delivery as opposed to a download but in saying this I would prefer to go one stage further and pay that bit extra and go for a properly put together commercoial product.

Having just bought 'Dangeropus Waters' - a developer direct only proposition where they want to cut out the middle man they have got everything fine tuned. Purchasing has 2 options

1) The standard edition with only a PDF manual

2) The deluxe edition with a printed manual (that makes the LOMAC manual by Nic Cole[may he rest in peace] look small

They did there homework here and set up pre-order facilities meaning they had a good idea of the number of disks to press and manuals to print but more importantly set themselves up a satellite distribution local in europe avoiding awkward customs issues.

Why not do the same thing here with a 3rd option in the form of the downloadable update to LOMAC.

JUst my thoughts

I want a VISA option and I would buy the CD. (for double the price even).

Since we're at the copy protection thing again ;). I only want a guarantee that I can play this game any time I want in the future. That means no dependence on any company for the activation everytime I want to install the game on a new computer and no dependence on 3rd party drivers (which may not work on 64-bit computers or Windows Longhorn).

I would pay by VISA preferably but have used Paypal in the past and not had any trouble. I bought Half-Life 2 through Steam, one of the reasons I bought the Silver package was it included the 'Day of Defeat' mod where as the retail version did not so maybe there could be some added content to tempt digital buyers? Also although I would be happy to download Flaming Cliffs I would like to add it to my collection of flight sims sitting next to me in DVD cases so perhaps when the sale receipt is e-mailed to you it could also contain a link to an official CD label and DVD box insert produced by ED to give it a retail feel?