Damper kit for self-installation on VIRPIL pedals.

K-51

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi K-51. You probably already read my pm, but I'll post here as well just to publicly show that another guy wants to buy your nice Virpil damper solution. Cheers!

My system:

Win 10, Amd Ryzen 3700@stock GTX1080 Ti, 34" Asus G-sync ultrawide monitor, Ipad Air, 32 gigs of 3600 ram, complete CH HOTAS setup, Oculus Rift CV1/Trackir5 and a Saitek Quadrant

Been simming since the Commodore 64. A few million polygons ago.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi @K-51

please PM me for details on acquiring the damper kit and a Сollective pitch control lever. Delivery: Germany.

You can answer in russian, I speak this language.

спасибо и жду ответа

15 часов назад, rgd сказал:

Hi @K-51

please PM me for details on acquiring the damper kit and a Сollective pitch control lever. Delivery: Germany.

You can answer in russian, I speak this language.

спасибо и жду ответа

Thank you, replied in PM

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, as a possibly future helio jock, I've bought a set of Virpil Ace pedals for my prop flying - what's the advantage this mod brings over the self centre "normal" pedals. I get these will stay at the same rate of input and that they control the tail. Is it easier to not have them self centre when hovering, slow maneuvering?

I only fly props at the moment so would there be any disadvantages with this mod over the self centre,  other than having to always take off rudder?

13 minutes ago, Toastfrenzy said:

Hi, as a possibly future helio jock, I've bought a set of Virpil Ace pedals for my prop flying - what's the advantage this mod brings over the self centre "normal" pedals. I get these will stay at the same rate of input and that they control the tail. Is it easier to not have them self centre when hovering, slow maneuvering?

I only fly props at the moment so would there be any disadvantages with this mod over the self centre,  other than having to always take off rudder?

I have a damper kit on my MFGs, without one they just fling back and the rudder input feels rather moosh. With the damper the input feels more solid and more controllable (at least to me) 

All in one a solution I would suggest for any control input possible. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 12:16 PM, Techmonkey said:

I have a damper kit on my MFGs, without one they just fling back and the rudder input feels rather moosh. With the damper the input feels more solid and more controllable

that's why i wanna buy it. I have dampener on my gunfighter mk3 joystick and it helps alot with precision. So i think this would help alot with rudder input aswell.

But i don't know if OP still sells it, he seems to be unresponsive...

Gentlemen, I didn’t answer because I have nothing to say, the production where I order parts for the damper and for my other devices has moved to a new address and they need time to install the equipment and configure it. They tried to place my orders elsewhere, but I was not satisfied with the quality and I sent them for rework.
Please be patient.
Thank you.
Sincerely, K-51

В 20.12.2023 в 13:58, Toastfrenzy сказал:

At the very beginning of the development of dampers, the goal was to make them more similar to helicopter pedals. So that when they are displaced from the center, they remain in the same position in which they will be placed and, as a plus, so that they do not swing on their own with the springs removed. Then I tried to leave the loading spring and this gave additional advantages in the severity of the loading, eliminating the pendulum effect and more controlled control in the center, where the springs create almost no load.

Спойлер

• Like 2

On 12/27/2023 at 7:03 PM, K-51 said:

At the very beginning of the development of dampers, the goal was to make them more similar to helicopter pedals. So that when they are displaced from the center, they remain in the same position in which they will be placed and, as a plus, so that they do not swing on their own with the springs removed. Then I tried to leave the loading spring and this gave additional advantages in the severity of the loading, eliminating the pendulum effect and more controlled control in the center, where the springs create almost no load.

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks, I'll see how I get on with the "standard" springs but do understand the advantages of not having the pedals pendulum AKA PIO