Supercarrier not launching my aircraft

helopilot59

Hello,

Came back to supercarrier after a few months and now it won't launch my jet. I get to the catapault, and get the run up signal, but nothing happens after; it just sticks on the run up. Tried it on a campaign, multiple missions, and both the 14 and 18, all with the same result. It worked fine a couple of months ago... thanks for any assistance you can give in this matter

During daytime you need to hit the salute key, for night launches you need to flash your lights, or set the special options that flash your lights when the slaute key is hit

• Like 1

System: Ryzen 5900x, G.Skill 3600 32GB, MSI 4090 suprim liquid X, samsung odyssey+ headset 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ian Boys UK said:

I've never heard this? Is there a key for this in the F-14 please?

"catapult salute" in the F14s Flight control section. (i know, not where I would expect to find it either)

Edited by Boosterdog

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

3 hours ago, Ian Boys UK said:

Sorry yes, I know the salute but not the lights. Which lights do I flash please?

Should be the master switch on the throttle. I'm not sure if the code is set to launch you when the switch state changes, or if it actually looks for certain lights (position, anti-collision, etc.) to actually be on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2021 at 3:22 AM, Nealius said:

I'm not sure if the code is set to launch you when the switch state changes, or if it actually looks for certain lights (position, anti-collision, etc.) to actually be on.

Unfortunately it is Master Light Switch triggered 😕 So depending on the light switches the crew can launch you without the lights flash at all or they will not react inspite of blinking the lights.

There's also the option to use the same "salute" key for cat launching at night - look for that in F-14 Special options.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!
With the external lights (Anti collision, Strob light, etc.) turned on during the night flight, the F-14 will not start from the catapult after the Salute command.
The Tomcat harness stays stationary and burns only fuel. When I turn off the external lights main switch and issue the Salute command, the program turns on all the external lights and the shoot procedure starts.