F-15E WIP Update Discussion

DSplayer

5 minutes ago, davidrbarnette said:

I find it even more distracting should I happen to move my legs, hands, etc, and the pilot body remains lifeless.

This is the sole reason I turn pilot bodies off.  Having a “body” that doesn’t match any of my real world movements kinda doinks my immersion.  As counterintuitive as it sounds, it feels more immersive in VR to not have a pilot body.  Without the pilot model i’m not making any mental connection between a “body” with my own movements, so it doesn’t distract me as much when I am moving around.  At least it does for me; I play a lot of dedicated VR games so I’ve become accustomed to my player model matching my movements.  

On 11/13/2021 at 6:31 AM, FoxOne007 said:

If you have no meaningful comments them I kindly ask you to just not comment instead of making dumb unfounded “comments”

There is no official DCS or 3rd Party roadmap so not sure what your point is. 

how rude, keep your comments to yourself....oh wait....point is try not to be a turd, anyone can obviously make any comment they want

• Like 2

Intel I9-9900KF @5.1GHZ , RTX 2070, 64GB 4000 , 6 total TB SSD's. Su33,Mig29,A10A/C,F15C,F14B,AV8B,Mi8,KA50,M2000C,AJS37, F16CM :joystick:

21 minutes ago, Phantom88 said:

:surprise:

(As someone who's not very social media active: Thanks for all these updates @Phantom88! 👍)

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I dunno where to put it. There was a video about 2 A-10 pilots talking about F-15E. And the "F-15C still flying after the right wing clipped off", I think it was about an Israeli F-15 lost her right wing during a training exercise, but still managed to fly 10 miles and landed safely...

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

JDAM? i have heard that on EA we won't get JDAM

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

5 hours ago, flankerjun said:

JDAM? i have heard that on EA we won't get JDAM

Most recent FAQs says everything from the first CTU will be available during EA, either immediately at launch or added down the road prior to exiting EA.  JDAMs are part of this.

FAQ_ver_3_-_1_Apr_2023.pdf

JDAMs are listed as “not planned for initial release at time of making this document”, so it’s unlikely JDAMs will be there on release but not outside the realm of possibility depending on how much work is done on the plane prior to release.  The only things confirmed to NOT be at release are the future CTU stuff (litening, sniper, AIM-9X, JHMCS, SDB, digital UFC).

Fortunately CBU-97 is part of the “planned for initial release” list.  Don’t really need JDAMs with their fancy GPS guidance when you can just destroy everything in a 2nm radius.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coole28 said:

Most recent FAQs says everything from the first CTU will be available during EA, either immediately at launch or added down the road prior to exiting EA.  JDAMs are part of this.

FAQ_ver_3_-_1_Apr_2023.pdf 331.69 kB · 16 downloads

JDAMs are listed as “not planned for initial release at time of making this document”, so it’s unlikely JDAMs will be there on release but not outside the realm of possibility depending on how much work is done on the plane prior to release.  The only things confirmed to NOT be at release are the future CTU stuff (litening, sniper, AIM-9X, JHMCS, SDB, digital UFC).

Fortunately CBU-97 is part of the “planned for initial release” list.  Don’t really need JDAMs with their fancy GPS guidance when you can just destroy everything in a 2nm radius.

JDAMS and WCMD give more stand-off. As cool as the CBU-97 is, it has less range and it's less accurate with moderate winds. Also SFW will not destroy a building or structure.