F-15E WIP Update Discussion

DSplayer

On 4/16/2023 at 6:54 PM, JB3DG said:

So long as the TGP is turned on with the switch in the rear cockpit, along with the countermeasures controls, the upfront HOTAS is completely capable of doing everything the rear does with the A-G radar, the TGP, the A-A radar, individual weapon sensors (ie GBU-15/AGM-130/AGM-65), etc.

FACTS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Chris

Estimated release date?? 

• Like 1

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Two more sheeples

lol 

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

is it true that it was further delayed because of the Lantirn pod instead of Lightning ?

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

23 minutes ago, FZG_Immel said:

is it true that it was further delayed because of the Lantirn pod instead of Lightning ?

Not AFAIK.

i9 9900K @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

In all the videos they show the LANTIRN and not the LITENING. So I don't think they have any issues with that.

The only aircraft with TGP problems of this nature is the F-16C which ED doesn't have enough information of the LITENING so they are modeling the LANTIRN.

8 hours ago, Ignition said:

In all the videos they show the LANTIRN and not the LITENING. So I don't think they have any issues with that.

That's not true in their early vids. Look at the navflir video from December, that's LITENING. They changed their minds about which pod to deliver first around late  January/early February or so.

I just found out that I'm not interested in playing DCS anymore, because I want my mudhen so badly!
Tryin' to get Janes's F-15 to work on W11 now just to calm myself down a bit while still waiting and hoping for a soon release...

F-15E is my favourite aircraft since I was a little boy and I've been really sitting on needles for months now...
...I can't help myself...

It's an F-15E Strike Eagle!!! The little 5yr old in me is jumping up and down like he's waiting for christmas! :bounce:

• Like 1

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

3 hours ago, Phantom88 said:

Peculiar

Especially considering today it's Kingsday in our country and our King was visiting Rotterdam. So it was/is beyond crowded there today 😅

(for the record: I'm very not monarchy minded..)

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On 4/27/2023 at 6:47 AM, JumpinK said:

I just found out that I'm not interested in playing DCS anymore, because I want my mudhen so badly!
Tryin' to get Janes's F-15 to work on W11 now just to calm myself down a bit while still waiting and hoping for a soon release...

F-15E is my favourite aircraft since I was a little boy and I've been really sitting on needles for months now...
...I can't help myself...

It's an F-15E Strike Eagle!!! The little 5yr old in me is jumping up and down like he's waiting for christmas! :bounce:

This is exactly how I felt about the Tomcat. The early access unveil trailer had me in tears. lol

• Like 1

I hope that the lack of finished work on the manual does not block the release of the F-15. Because if this is the case and the module is ready for release, it's just waiting for the completion of work on the manual, it seems to me that in the world of DCS 99.9% of pilots after releasing the module in about 2 hours will be able to handle this fighter at an advanced level.

No, manual is critical part of EA release, it won't be skipped over if they're keeping all strings at their hands.

If BD needs more time to finish it, RB may/should extend the release date (the very one we don't know) and it's not that RB guys are bored by not actually adding any features at new builds. This module is extremely complex and manual is direct tool to prevent a swarm of bug false positives pouring down the support channel. This is a clever way to enhance probability of real bug reproduction, the ones that will slip through closed beta team attention.

So far it's over 500 pages and that's past half of what real life -1 manual weights. If you have/had access to -1, I'm sure you'd rethink about those 99.9% being RTF.

Not even close.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Njinsa said:

No, manual is critical part of EA release, it won't be skipped over if they're keeping all strings at their hands.

Except that Baltic Dragon initially said that he didn't think he'd get it out in time for the early access release, so clearly it... isn't.

• Like 2