Project Lancaster

On 5/6/2023 at 7:41 PM, Komet_82 said:

Oh boy, this plane will become such a game changer for DCS. Amazing. Your work is outsanding.

Is there a dam somwhere in DCS?

Yeah just north of senaki on the caucuses map and theres one somewhere in the syria map in crete

On 5/6/2023 at 7:45 PM, Hog_driver said:

We could use some German night fighters... twin-engined and equipped with radar.

Indeed

On 5/6/2023 at 8:00 PM, Slippa said:

I thought about the Dams after seeing these pics. That’d be something, a mod to place a dam, animate the floods etc. Bit of a stretch I’d imagine?

This Lanc’s really something I’m looking forward to. Tractors and trolley-accs, night lights and corkscrews. Four Merlins? Hmmm

The dams are indestructible, maybe with some modding help we could take google earth data and make a mini bit of a map to do a dams raid and do a bodge job with it but the dams in game work fine

• Like 3

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

On 5/6/2023 at 3:45 PM, Hog_driver said:

We could use some German night fighters... twin-engined and equipped with radar.

I agree, along with a Mosquito night fighter variant, and bombs to do pathfinder missions.

• Like 3

I won’t mind. I can barely navigate in broad daylight. Hope the Compass works well in this Lanc compared to the Mossie, I’ll still be getting lost but it’d be nice knowing it’s there for the more competent. 

Do the Upkeeps spin at all Scoobs?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slippa said:

I won’t mind. I can barely navigate in broad daylight. Hope the Compass works well in this Lanc compared to the Mossie, I’ll still be getting lost but it’d be nice knowing it’s there for the more competent. 

Do the Upkeeps spin at all Scoobs?

not at the moment, getting the bombs to rotate or bounce in DCS seems like its going to be a huge headache so just ignoring that for now and getting the important stuff done

• Like 2

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

They look great, what we've seen of them. I'm hoping somehow we can have a Bomber Command airfield (or more) to go with it. 😆

I'll have to learn how to make skins then I'll be asking for the tractor template 🕶️

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I recently ran into a video about this mod

I despise mods.

However, I saw turret guns and more turrets.

If this is functional, I like to try my diy doorgun controllers with this mod.

Is the turrets slew / traverse mappable to joysticks?

Does the turret position have multiplayer slots?

I'm willing to give this mod a try.. 

All I'm going to say is that my diy joystick is AMAZING with the UH1H minigun. I would die for a WWII plane with joystick controlled turrets..

Edited by hannibal
  • Like 1

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2023 at 11:15 PM, crazyeddie said:

I despise Mods ????

That's a bit unkind, and offends many fine moders on here who spend hours trying to make the game more enjoyable for others.  Why not say 'dislike' - you would still make your point without offending anyone. 

Take no offense Eddie, see how eager Hannibal is to use his own Mod and to use it on this Mod.🤪  Everyone’s a winner baby, that’s the truth. 

Looking good Scoobs. Have a look at the F15 thread and wonder at how I’m not chewing any ankles. Looking forward to the day we’re all training. Well done Loki and everyone involved.

• Like 1

image.png

Only a few updates: the main part of the fuselage UV has been laid out but still needs a load of work, The flight model is feeling 10x better than 2 months ago and is alot closer to real life but you can't really screenshot the way an aircraft flies.
DCS_2023-05-04_21-53-13.png
Hoping to bring some more updates soon

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png