Project Lancaster

After seeing the video posted by Saguanay I sat through the one that followed. Jack Curry DFC gives us a little background and a walk around the Lanc.

i’ll never be able to look at the mid-upper turret without remembering the little Welsh fellas story, not one you’d imagine. We do get a few tips on startup procedure though, well worth a watch. Jack flew Mossies too. Also worth a watch is ‘The Watchtower’ (East Kirkby) 

Edited by Slippa
Spelling
  • Like 2

Am 2.12.2023 um 19:30 schrieb LuseKofte:

With radar equipped 88’s a night fighter opposition I can be entertained for years with this

Holy smoke, that would be a blast.

And of course a Germany expansion on the map😎 for veeeeery nice long missions

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure you lovely lot are ahead of me, but I've finally got round to this episode:

and was immediately put in mind of @Reflected's genius bit of mission design to give us:

Trying not to get too excited too soon, but the options for the Lanc are genuinely game-changing. Nothing we have in sim will be able offer a remotely comparable experience if the community gets behind the project with missions, supporting scripts etc.

Woop woop!

Merry Christmas @Scoobyon, and to all us wannabe Bomber Boys

Tonker

• Like 2

Nah, I've only just met 'er...:pilotfly:

On 12/18/2023 at 2:29 PM, 352ndDeacon said:

Great, now when will it be released?

When you wish upon a star
you may Av-ro lancaster
Anything AOC desires may come to you.

If your heart is in your dream,
Open Beta or on Steam,
When you wish a Lancaster
As dreamers do..

(Two weeks)

On 12/17/2023 at 2:37 PM, Tonker said:

Merry Christmas @Scoobyon, and to all us wannabe Bomber Boys

Tonker

Sleigh bells ring, are you listening,
Taxi lane, snow is glistening,
The dream of a flight, off into the night,
Dreaming of the Avro Lancaster.

Merry Christmas Tonker and to Scoobs and all the team and supporters/Pilots under wishful thinking. Have a good one. :holiday: :pilotfly:

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Scoobyon said:

Screen_231230_214514-transformed.jpeg?ex
ce466817-5699-4dd7-82af-eb768dfb1a31.gif
Gif showing the work in progress tyre flex and suspension, Its a shocking landing but send your hate for the landing and love for the progress to loki not me:)

Have a happy new year all!

impressive it seems that this mod is on par to potentially become an official module 🙂

• Like 1

Wishlist : SBD Dauntless, F9F Panther, F6F Hellcat, TBF Avenger, USS Enterprise CV-6

6 hours ago, BrianTheBrain said:

At least Loki can land it, last I tried I was still having a hard time 😢 Happy new year peoples ☮️

A wee dram for Brian too then. Pre landing, just for a loosener. :pilotfly::drinks_drunk:

• Like 1

Thanks for the update and doesn’t she just look beautiful. All the work you’re all putting into it’s much appreciated. 

All those rivets eh? Well worth the effort. Did I mention it looking pretty good? Loving the interior, the exterior, the underside, topside, all o that 😁. We’re gonna have our work cut out learning all the bits and bobs in there and I for one can’t wait.

Amazing job. Straight ahead, steady as she goes 🙂

Thanks and happy new year all.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Slippa said:

Thanks for the update and doesn’t she just look beautiful. All the work you’re all putting into it’s much appreciated. 

All those rivets eh? Well worth the effort. Did I mention it looking pretty good? Loving the interior, the exterior, the underside, topside, all o that 😁. We’re gonna have our work cut out learning all the bits and bobs in there and I for one can’t wait.

Amazing job. Straight ahead, steady as she goes 🙂

Thanks and happy new year all.

I've had enough of rivets for abit so will be modelling new stuff to play with, 36,000 rivets roughly is enough for anyone

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

Never mind rivets on the outside - what about the stud and nuts on the inside?!

Seasonal dynamic bugsplatters or I'm not buying...

😎

• Like 3

Nah, I've only just met 'er...:pilotfly: