Supercarrier IFLOLS Reduced/Removed Glow

This is reduced/removed IFLOLS glow FOR SUPERCARRIER ONLY.  Only one texture file is edited but due to the way DCS works, I have to replace the whole 500MB texture zip file.  This is NOT IC SAFE.

Reduced probably works better for 2D and high resolution HMD such as G2 or Vive Pro 2.

Removed I found to be better for older HMD with lower resolution.  I use Removed on my Vive Pro 1.

IFLOLS_v1_01.jpg

DOWNLOAD For DCS 2.7:

Reduced

Removed

Edited by Taz1004
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 7

Thank you again for this.

As i mentioned in your bettersmoke post, i´m going to try this afterlunch and give you feedback.

Really appreciated.

Keep up,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Taz1004 you´re a life saver.

Now i can rely properly in IFLOLS in my traps, thank you!

- for day landings the Reduced works best for me (Valve Index user here) but at night is a little blurrier to use;

- For night traps i will use the Removed option because it´s perfect to use. During day landings i cannot see the Green lights (Datum lights) at all, only the orange ball (meatball).

So, i will use both versions, Reduced and Removed, between day/night missions.

Awesome work and great idea creating 2 versions Reduced and Removed.

Thank you once again.

F.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 7 months later...

This installs in the BASE game CoreMods directory, correct?

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

1 hour ago, Mistermann said:

This installs in the BASE game CoreMods directory, correct?

I don´t install anything in the DCS core folder. I use OVGme for mods that need to be installed in DCS core folder. So, i recommend doing the same. With a click you can enable/disable any mods (useful before an update).

• Like 1

Right.  Never use anything BUT ovgme.

Still need to know where to tell it to install.  The answer is base for anyone wanting to know.

Edited by Mistermann

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

1 hour ago, Mistermann said:

Right.  Never use anything BUT ovgme.

Still need to know where to tell it to install.  The answer is base for anyone wanting to know.

You have a step by step here: https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/OVGME

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
12 hours ago, Fisherman82 said:

Do you mind saying what filenames you edited in the Zip-file? I save all mods I download and then I could only save those files instead, guess it would be like 5 MB instead of 500 MB.

Are you planning to update the removed version also?

Sure, so the file is in: \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\tech\USS_Nimitz\Textures\USS_Nimitz.zip

Just rename and replace the attached files in that zip and you'll get reduced or removed. I reuploaded it because it's way easier to use with OVGME.

I can upload the complete removed one for OVGME as well if wished.

Bano_RGYB-REDUCED_IFLOFS_LIGHT.tga Bano_RGYB-REMOVED_IFLOLS_LIGHT.tga

Edited by Tommy_CVW-66

On 1/22/2023 at 8:33 PM, Urbi said:

Here is another simpler solution without touching the original zip that will break the IC. I created corresponding liveries that contain the textures for the USS Nimitz 71. all others are linked to this one. there are two variants per USS Nimitz IFLOFS_LIGHT_REDUCED and IFLOFS_LIGHT_REMOVED. these must then be selected in the ME. extract the contents of the zip to CoreMods/tech/USS_Nimitz/Liveries/. It's the Bano_RGYB from Taz1004. with the IFLOLS_CVN_Base I made the lamp glasses more contrasting.

tech_USS_Nimitz_Liveries.zip 2.2 MB · 6 downloads

Hi. Thanks so much for doing this, I'm sure it will be perfect when I get it running, but they are not showing up as liveries in the ME. The path is correct.

What am I missing?

EDIT:

I don't know if you ever tested your stuff but it's almost all wrong. USS_CVN_71 - is wrong; it's just CVN_71 - this means the paths in ALL the description.lua's are all wrong, as too are the folder names. 

After fixing all of that I have it working as an OVGME Mod - at least as far as picking it from the livery screen. 

I've not tested in out in terms of your .dds and .tga being 'correct'.

Here's the OVGME mod if anyone wants to save the work of unmangling the previous upload:
DCS CORE - IFLOS Bloom.zip

Edited by Elphaba
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

Anyone can confirm that this mod has stopped working with the last DCS version? It looks like it makes the meatball stop to show all together.

It looks like the glow has been reduced in the last version of DCS, so now I can (barely) judge my altitude, but I still would rather have no glow at all, all RL videos I have seen show a crisp meatball.

Edited by Tulkas
  • Like 1