NEW VERSION! Eurofighter Typhoon by Lechuzas Negras v1.0.72

Go to solution Solved by currenthill,

On 1/5/2022 at 6:30 PM, Toga10 said:

Hi all,

here's my first attempt at a skin for dcs. It's still very WIP, its based of the RAF Falklands skin that comes with the mod so im not sure if ill be allowed to share once complete.

Good attempt but you have a 1435 Flt badge on the fin and IX Sqn fighter bars on the fuselage and the FI emblem is missing from just in front of the strake.

1435 Flt.jpg

Edited by Specter

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

22 minutes ago, Specter said:

Good attempt but you have a 1435 Flt badge on the fin and IX Sqn fighter bars on the fuselage and the FI emblem is missing from just in front of the strake.

1435 Flt.jpg

As I said still very work in progress, there are some more upto date pictures in the chat

10 hours ago, Toga10 said:

As I said still very work in progress, there are some more upto date pictures in the chat

I meant no criticism. I have inside knowledge of the RAF Typhoon force and was just making sure you had the info you needed to end up with an accurate livery.

On a different subject, does anyone else need 99% engine power to start moving on the ground or is that just me?

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

2 hours ago, Specter said:

I meant no criticism. I have inside knowledge of the RAF Typhoon force and was just making sure you had the info you needed to end up with an accurate livery.

On a different subject, does anyone else need 99% engine power to start moving on the ground or is that just me?

You must remove the parking brake, it is at the left panel. Where your elbow should be, near Rias. If you don't find it I'll post a screenshot

Edited by gonano4

2 hours ago, Specter said:

yeah no worries, heres the completed skin, just waiting on ED to make it active 

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2022.01.07 - 12.20.28.79.png

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, gonano4 said:

You must remove the parking brake, it is at the left panel. Where your elbow should be, near Rias. If you don't find it I'll post a screenshot

So the W key bind doesn't work on this?  Half an FC3 cockpit doesn't half make for some confusion!  Parking brake removed and now taxying is normal.

A couple of other things I have also noticed, and you might already be aware. I have rudder pedals bound and when I move the right/left foot forward the aircraft turns the correct way but the cockpit animation of the pedals moving is reversed.  Also, the left and right wheel brake axis don't seem to do anything.

47 minutes ago, Cab said:

Is the canard animation correct for pitch? I noticed when I pitch up the canard leading edge goes down, and when I pitch down it goes up.

It kinda is, canards are there to correct for the momentum of the flaperons, thus they don’t act like normal elevators. When there is a very high positive pitching moment, the canard should make the aircraft pitch down. It is basically making the longitudinal unstable eurofighter be artificially neutral stable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cab said:

Is the canard animation correct for pitch? I noticed when I pitch up the canard leading edge goes down, and when I pitch down it goes up.

That is exactly what they should do.   Oh, by the way, we call them Foreplanes. Canards are French😉

The Flaperons are used for pitch and role control and the Foreplanes for stability control. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Specter said:

Canards are French😉

I'm willing to give the French this one. 😏

I get the fact that they would be used for stability control, but looking at the video below at half speed it seems they are used pitch, too:

It looks like the canards (foreplanes, whatever) behave exactly as one would expect for pitch control. First, LE up for lift at rotation, then LE down as the pilot levels out for the cool, low transition. The mod does not do this.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

Typhoon Flight Control laws are very complex. No desk top simulator will do them justice.  In the real aircraft you when you move the stick only the Flaperons move.  The Foreplanes are used by the FCS to give the pilot the demanded rate of pitch and no more.  They are used for pitch stability control.  What the guys have achieved here is much better than any other Typhoon model in any PC simulator I have seen and I'll be very surprised if HB do any better with the one they are making.

Edited by Specter
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Specter said:

Typhoon Flight Control laws are very complex. No desk top simulator will do them justice.  In the real aircraft you when you move the stick only the Flaperons move.  The Foreplanes are used by the FCS to give the pilot the demanded rate of pitch and no more.  They are used for pitch stability control.  What the guys have achieved here is much better than any other Typhoon model in any PC simulator I have seen and I'll be very surprised if HB do any better with the one they are making.

The ones son the gripen are accurate I beliv.

52 minutes ago, gonano4 said:

The ones son the gripen are accurate I beliv.

Can't comment, never got closer than 200 m from a Gripen.

• Like 1

I worked on this actual airframe when it was with XI Sqn as DZ.  Wasn't wearing such a smart suit in them days.

• Like 2

What does 1.04 change?

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Another thing I have spotted is internal fuel capacity.  This model holds 4200kg but I'm fairly sure the real aircraft held 5600kg internally and a further 1000 liters per external tank.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Specter said:

I worked on this actual airframe when it was with XI Sqn as DZ.  Wasn't wearing such a smart suit in them days.

I'm planning on making an XI Sqn jet at some point, was thinking ZJ943 due to its 'interesting' history. 

But if you have a favourite let me know and I'll reconsider 

Edited by Toga10

48 minutes ago, Toga10 said:

I'm planning on making an XI Sqn jet at some point, was thinking ZJ943 due to its 'interesting' history. 

But if you have a favourite let me know and I'll reconsider 

I assume you are referring to the incident at China Lake.  ZJ943 was never operated by XI Sqn.  It was painted for XI Sqn so when 17 Sqn were finished with it as a trials aircraft it was going to transfer to XI Sqn.  It never did as they crashed it! 

Para 4 of Part 1.2 of https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/508212/20160301-Typhoon_ZJ943_BOI-final.pdf explains it.

"DXI" was the Bosses aircraft and probably the most synonymous with XI Sqn as there was a  "DXI" when the squadron was Tornado F3 as well.

DXI.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Specter said:

I assume you are referring to the incident at China Lake.  ZJ943 was never operated by XI Sqn.  It was painted for XI Sqn so when 17 Sqn were finished with it as a trials aircraft it was going to transfer to XI Sqn.  It never did as they crashed it! 

Para 4 of Part 1.2 of https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/508212/20160301-Typhoon_ZJ943_BOI-final.pdf explains it.

"DXI" was the Bosses aircraft and probably the most synonymous with XI Sqn as there was a  "DXI" when the squadron was Tornado F3 as well.

DXI.jpg

i do have to say that's probably my favorite phoon scheme. ill give it ago aha

On 1/5/2022 at 11:20 PM, dave76 said:

another issue, not sure related with eurofighter but since i installed i see no more crew on supercarrier.i unistalled gripen already .......

2 thing....... will the lnd button be working in future updates to switch hud in landing mode? thank you

gonano , any solution about that? 🙂 🙂 🙂