Tool to replace A-10C with A-10C II

[31st] Spider

There are a lot of missions available for the A-10C, but a lot less for the A-10C II. Also, the A-10C comes with several single player missions, but the A-10C II has none. So, I've created an online tool to replace the A-10C with the A-10C II in mission files. Simply because the HMCS makes the A-10C 10x more effective!

It's available at https://www.31st.nl/a10c. Simply upload a mission file (.miz, max 8 MB) or a campaign file (.cmp) and it will return the file in which all A-10C's for players (skill is Player or Client) have been replaced with the A-10C II. Offered to you for free by the 31st VFS. 😉

Edited by [31st] Spider
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 17

10 minutes ago, [31st] Spider said:

There are a lot of missions available for the A-10C, but a lot less for the A-10C II. Also, the A-10C comes with several single player missions, but the A-10C II has none. So, I've created an online tool to replace the A-10C with the A-10C II in mission files. Simply because the HMCS makes the A-10C 10x more effective!

It's available at https://www.31st.nl/a10c. Simply upload a .miz file (max 8 MB) and it will return the file in which all A-10C's for players (skill is Player or Client) have been replaced with the A-10C II. Offered to you for free by the 31st VFS. 😉

Thank you! Unbelieveble people here, at DCS comunity!

Thanks again.

Saludos.

Saca111

• Like 1

Thank you. 

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Very good, many thanks!

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | UAD Volt1 + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

On 1/17/2022 at 11:03 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Nice tool, pinned. 

Hi,

This tool is wonderful for the missions but can you please make the bundled A-10c campaigns coming with A-10c II module also compatible with A-10c II?. I have just bought it and unfortunately realized that I cannot use it in the campaigns. 

I fully got used to using the scorpion HMCS. A-10 without it feels like another plane. If it is that simple to replace it in a mission I guess it would not be a huge undertaking for ED.

Thanks in advance and

Kindest regards, 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 2:15 PM, Rapierarch said:

Hi,

This tool is wonderful for the missions but can you please make the bundled A-10c campaigns coming with A-10c II module also compatible with A-10c II?. I have just bought it and unfortunately realized that I cannot use it in the campaigns. 

I fully got used to using the scorpion HMCS. A-10 without it feels like another plane. If it is that simple to replace it in a mission I guess it would not be a huge undertaking for ED.

Thanks in advance and

Kindest regards, 

You can convert a campaign, by converting each individual mission file.

On 2/2/2022 at 7:14 PM, [31st] Spider said:

You can convert a campaign, by converting each individual mission file.

So the bundled a-10c campaigns coming with the module are open for modification? Can I modify and save them as a10c-II campaigns? 

If it is so that it is wonderful. Do you know a link describing the procedure? I have never done it.

On 1/27/2022 at 10:15 AM, MAXsenna said:

Has anybody tried this successfully?
I browse to the file, select it and click "Convert", and it returns with a small HTML file.

EDIT: Never mind. Worked in FF and not Chrome. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Tried this and found out that even if you can do that, you will have to arm the plane manually in the mission editor or at the beginning of the mission (if you're not airborne yet...). The conversion erase every loadout though.

It doesn't work for the paid campaigns.

And for some reason, I won't be able to convert a campaign at all. Though, that one just simply doesn't appear ingame in the folder. Don't know what to modify to make it working. Not the fault of the mod, surely have to change something or implement the *.cmp file, still didn't found out what.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DN308 said:

you will have to arm the plane manually

Damn one deal breaker already

21 minutes ago, DN308 said:

It doesn't work for the paid campaigns.

So bundled campaigns are also treated as paid campaigns I guess?

I wish ED had just done it. This plane is what made them do the breakthrough and I believe it should be treated as their showcase model together with hornet. Please ED just convert A-10c campaigns to A-10c II for us. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rapierarch said:

So bundled campaigns are also treated as paid campaigns I guess?

I wish ED had just done it. This plane is what made them do the breakthrough and I believe it should be treated as their showcase model together with hornet. Please ED just convert A-10c campaigns to A-10c II for us. 

Yessir

• Like 2

2 hours ago, [31st] Spider said:

It seems that a campaign file (.cmp) also has something that needs to be converted (the "necessaryUnits"). The conversion tool does that too when you upload a .cmp file. I updated the first post.

Well, I’ve tried that too, but manually. Not with the tool. 
I need to check out which one gives me troubles but I have a campaign that is impossible to convert and that not even show off. I am away from my computer so I can’t tell you which one for now 

Mystery…

• 2 weeks later...