Is uboats profile pic an easter egg for next Deka module?

Rinz1er

1 hour ago, PLAAF said:

Doubtful about the PL-11. Because as far as I know, PL-11 never entered service as a combat equipment.  Only small patches were made and were only used for training purpose (because it is cheaper to shot a PL-11 than PL-12). Besides, it is only based on AIM-7E missile, so it won't be that effective of a weapon.

As for the thrust vectoring, I think you are referring to the J-10B equipped with a WS-10B engine. The WS-10B engine is a planned upgrades for J-10. However, the mass production of such engine is still not commenced yet. So it will be a while before we can get it. But once it is out, almost all Chinese 4th gen fighters will get it, including J-10, J-11, J-15, J-16.

If we get J-10 I hope we get PL-15 and PL-10E

2 hours ago, F-2 said:

Oh you meant range didn’t you.

I don't know the exact details in performance. All I know is that PL-11 weren't in the accepted beyond training roles.

1 hour ago, IcedVenom said:

If we get J-10 I hope we get PL-15 and PL-10E

I can tell you that now, there is no way we are getting those missiles, not even for AI only  😛

That was the reason I mentioned earlier that if we are getting J-10, it may not be the J-10C, but the older ones.

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

On 3/12/2022 at 8:05 PM, PLAAF said:

I don't know the exact details in performance. All I know is that PL-11 weren't in the accepted beyond training roles.

I can tell you that now, there is no way we are getting those missiles, not even for AI only  😛

That was the reason I mentioned earlier that if we are getting J-10, it may not be the J-10C, but the older ones.

Good point. Hope we can get J-10A then and if not, I'll be happy with anything Chinese.

• Like 2

On 3/17/2022 at 9:38 AM, IcedVenom said:

Good point. Hope we can get J-10A then and if not, I'll be happy with anything Chinese.

Actually, I just found out that there is a talk about new J-10D now. So, who knows, we may get J-10C some day since it is being exported.

The new J-10D will get new Avionics, better radar, vertical controlled thruster and more importantly  an "offensive/defensive EW package" designed for 5th gen fighters which can share a wealth of information with other platforms on the battlefield. 

Edited by PLAAF
  • Like 2

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

• 4 months later...
On 3/19/2022 at 9:34 AM, PLAAF said:

Actually, I just found out that there is a talk about new J-10D now. So, who knows, we may get J-10C some day since it is being exported.

The new J-10D will get new Avionics, better radar, vertical controlled thruster and more importantly  an "offensive/defensive EW package" designed for 5th gen fighters which can share a wealth of information with other platforms on the battlefield. 

You where right, I guess you really are the PLAAF.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/chinas-j-10-fighter-spotted-in-new-big-spine-configuration

also apparently the J-10b might have used an AESA. Just a different one then the J-10c. If that’s true I’ll take a wild guess that it isn’t happening. Unless they got the ability to make a J-10a and switched their AI asset to a B/C/P

1658247835174.png

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Baltic Dude said:

I hope we get some news soon. Surely they have 3D modelers and coders they're not just paying to do nothing all this time?

I think for a lot of devs this is less a job you get paid for and more a hobby that you make money off from time to time

• Like 2

On 3/19/2022 at 6:34 AM, PLAAF said:

As these new J-10D/11D variants come out it gives me hope we might get a FF or FC3 11A/10A.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, FlankerFan35 said:

As these new J-10D/11D variants come out it gives me hope we might get a FF or FC3 11A/10A.

Yea me too I’d love a J-10a, I love the J-10 family. Also they never said the Su-30mkk was never gunna happen just they didn’t have enough for a FF module at the time. Which they said from the beginning. If those ever end up happening and the J-11A gets the upgrades they wanna do 2000s red would be very respectable.

Edited by F-2
  • Like 3

They have both J-10A and J-10B/C 3D models. They've had them for years now but as of yet, they haven't done anything more than tease their existence.

Hopefully if all goes well and the JF-17 leaves EA by the end of the year as planned, we might see what they'll be used for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, J20Stronk said:

They have both J-10A and J-10B/C 3D models. They've had them for years now but as of yet, they haven't done anything more than tease their existence.

Hopefully if all goes well and the JF-17 leaves EA by the end of the year as planned, we might see what they'll be used for.

That’s a great point about the Jeff’s early access

• Like 1

2022/8/10 AM9点27分,F-2说:

That’s a great point about the Jeff’s early access

It's a reasonable estimation. Deka is planning to release the JF Chinese manual this month. Although they haven't mentioned if the English version would be released at same time (obviously their original manual would be written directly in Chinese first and need translation), it could be recognized as a sign that most work is completed on JF and only fixes left in near future. Maybe they are now closer to deciding their next module, no matter what it would be. (Still I don't expect it would be a J-10, but nobody knows what after that.)

Edited by Torbernite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

7 minutes ago, Torbernite said:

It's a reasonable estimation. Deka is planning to release the JF Chinese manual this month. Although they haven't mentioned if the English version would be released at same time (obviously their original manual would be written directly in Chinese first and need translation), it could be recognized as a sign that most work is completed on JF and only fixes left in near future. Maybe they are now closer to deciding their next module, no matter what it would be. (Still I don't expect it would be a J-10, but nobody knows what after that.)

I don’t expect it, but dream big or go home 😛 actually if the AI version happens I’ll still really be happy. I do feel like we will know their next move in the not too distant future.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2022 at 1:13 PM, Torbernite said:

I would expect them to be well past the planning phase at this point. Typically in software development, when the thing gets released, the devs are already working on the next thing and just doing bug fixes/testing/documentation. Bug fixes and testing are an awful lot of hurry up and wait, not a whole lot of active development. So whatever is next is likely 2.5 years into development already or at least some of the ground work for it (such as generic tools or blocks of code to make things easier).

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

• 1 month later...

Yeah pretty interesting if Deka is doing a J10 of one sort or another, I'd assume the earlier J10A might be easier from a "sekrits" standpoint having way more systems commonality with the earlier JF17. But that is certainly a 3d model of J10B/C. Also, personally I'd prefer a J10A since thats alot closer in terms of era when compared to the F16/18 we have i.e. 2006/7 for the J10A. Whereas a J10C (2018?) would I guess be a counter to the typhoon, though I wonder really how that would pan out.  

The amusing thing with a J10B/C is that IRST modeling and IR stuff is currently broken in DCS since the new clouds came and who knows when that gets fixed. Plus I really wonder if Deka could actually model how modern IRST's work with all of the various techniques that are used for passive ranging. (notably I think this is one reason that we aren't getting PIRATE on the EF) And I'll make the same comment for modeling a modern AESA radar with the level of accuracy desired by DCS players.

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah pretty interesting if Deka is doing a J10 of one sort or another, I'd assume the earlier J10A might be easier from a "sekrits" standpoint having way more systems commonality with the earlier JF17. But that is certainly a 3d model of J10B/C. Also, personally I'd prefer a J10A since thats alot closer in terms of era when compared to the F16/18 we have i.e. 2006/7 for the J10A. Whereas a J10C (2018?) would I guess be a counter to the typhoon, though I wonder really how that would pan out.  
The amusing thing with a J10B/C is that IRST modeling and IR stuff is currently broken in DCS since the new clouds came and who knows when that gets fixed. Plus I really wonder if Deka could actually model how modern IRST's work with all of the various techniques that are used for passive ranging. (notably I think this is one reason that we aren't getting PIRATE on the EF) And I'll make the same comment for modeling a modern AESA radar with the level of accuracy desired by DCS players.

We are getting the Pirate with the Typhoon. Just not at release probably

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

8 hours ago, VirusAM said:
18 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

We are getting the Pirate with the Typhoon. Just not at release probably

Last I heard they were modeling a German Typhoon, which doesn't have it. 

4 hours ago, Dr_Pavelheer said:

Mig-23 will also feature IRST, albeit very early one, which should hopefully force ED to make provisions in core game that will allow for more realistic implementation than current FC3 one.

I'm surprised to hear that EF will include at some point IRST, I was sure it would be too sekrit

I mean ED primarily needs to fix the IRSTs and IR missiles working through clouds. The mig23 IRST is pretty primitive relative to modern ones, so it shouldn't be all that hard to model. Be nice if they did like some sort of dB based attenuation based on range/weather aspect and then some sort of basic contrast model for lookdown/lookup.

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

4 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

Last I heard they were modeling a German Typhoon, which doesn't have it. 

I suggest you to read better their FAQ, and if you have time to listen to two episodes of the Air Combat Sim podcast which involved Truegrit and Heatlblur.

In brief, they are starting at early access with the capabilities of the first versions which saw service (mainly AA), and then they will model also later systems for AG.

Then, they stated that the firs release will be based on a german version, but it will be more of a frankstein version like any on the ones you could find on the flight line today.

Some time ago, they also released a sceenshot with a german painted and a Uk painted Ef-2000, one without the pirate, and the other with it mounted.

Anyway I don't want to hijack this thread

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

2 hours ago, VirusAM said:

I suggest you to read better their FAQ, and if you have time to listen to two episodes of the Air Combat Sim podcast which involved Truegrit and Heatlblur.

In brief, they are starting at early access with the capabilities of the first versions which saw service (mainly AA), and then they will model also later systems for AG.

Then, they stated that the firs release will be based on a german version, but it will be more of a frankstein version like any on the ones you could find on the flight line today.

Some time ago, they also released a sceenshot with a german painted and a Uk painted Ef-2000, one without the pirate, and the other with it mounted.

Anyway I don't want to hijack this thread

Yeah fair enough, I haven't been following the EF cuz my interest in it is near zero.