Announcing the F-4 Phantom for DCS World!

Cobra847

17 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

since ED has no plans for a 2.9.4 patch yet

You mean, no date yet.

I doubt that they have no plan.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

WTB Episode III, PST!

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

It appears we are going through an informational update lull. I hope ED will allow HB to publish another F-4 video revealing more about the Phantom. I hope there were no bugs or issues that could have caused delays.
Mike Force Team 
Pretty sure HB releases the videos without permission from ED.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 4

My system consists of a 32 GB RAM and nvidia rtx 3080 graphics card. How does F4 affect the gameplay? I wonder if Heatblur can answer this. Thank you in advance

31 minutes ago, Somu said:

My system consists of a 32 GB RAM and nvidia rtx 3080 graphics card. How does F4 affect the gameplay? I wonder if Heatblur can answer this. Thank you in advance

This isn't my information,  but apparently "the Phantom module, in a heavy CPU-heavy combat scenario, performs worse than the Apache or Strike Eagle, but not by a massive margin"

That said, they are working to improve that performance. one way  is that they have a fully multi-threading version in development, that significantly boosts performance. (I'm guessing we'll have to wait longer for that, probably for optimising, testing and bug hunting)

Before people start groaning, consider that this is bleeding-edge technology, simulation wise, and progress always demands more hardware performance. Every major leap in simulation has seen a major leap  in hardware requirements. 10 years ago DCS didn't need anywhere near the power it needs today.... but look at the difference in modules from then to today! Even maps today require more power than they used to. 

Edited by Rick50
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Somu said:

The particular bottleneck they talked about is the CPU though. You didn't mention what you are running.

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

1 hour ago, Hiob said:

The particular bottleneck they talked about is the CPU though. You didn't mention what you are running.

I have F-16 ,Mosquito F-86 and Spitfire.

And one year ago ı used trial version of F-14 .I can run ıt so will there a problem (my card is 8 gb ram and my cpu intel i7 3.60 ghz)

Edited by Somu
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Somu said:

I have F-16 ,Mosquito F-86 and Spitfire.

And one year ago ı used trial version of F-14 .I can run ıt so will there a problem

I meant, what kind of CPU are you running?

11 minutes ago, Hiob said:

I meant, what kind of CPU are you running?

my card is 8 gb ram and my cpu 11th gen intel i7 11700K 3.60 ghz

Also ı am not using VR and playıng only single player

Edited by Somu

9 minutes ago, Somu said:

my card is 8 gb ram and my cpu 11th gen intel i7 11700K 3.60 ghz

So you aren't severely bottlenecked by CPU then. I'd consider this a rather wide spread kind of CPU tier (8 cores, medium to high-ish performance). I would assume that Heatblur is trying to optimize to get it running on a reasonable wide spectrum of CPUs.

The F-14 is probably closest to what we're getting with the Phantom. I would assume, that you will be ok - but nobody but Heatblur can tell/guarantee you that currently.

I'd suggest maybe just waiting to see the first reviews, see who is running similar hardware to you, and take note of their description of how it's performing. Or take your chances and dive in!

14 hours ago, Rick50 said:

This isn't my information,  but apparently "the Phantom module, in a heavy CPU-heavy combat scenario, performs worse than the Apache or Strike Eagle, but not by a massive margin"

That said, they are working to improve that performance. one way  is that they have a fully multi-threading version in development, that significantly boosts performance. (I'm guessing we'll have to wait longer for that, probably for optimising, testing and bug hunting)

Before people start groaning, consider that this is bleeding-edge technology, simulation wise, and progress always demands more hardware performance. Every major leap in simulation has seen a major leap  in hardware requirements. 10 years ago DCS didn't need anywhere near the power it needs today.... but look at the difference in modules from then to today! Even maps today require more power than they used to. 

Judging by their newsletter charts it's in between AH64 and 15E.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Comstedt86 said:

Judging by their newsletter charts it's in between AH64 and 15E.

Ok, thanks for the update/clarification! 

Edit:

That's especially good news, considering we aren't talking about the first or second patch, nor the multi-thread future!

Edited by Rick50