Looking for a gear lever

Winwing takeoff panel has what you are asking for.

upload_c40902f0acb4fd17e5277e21eddc1383.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Does the Winwing work as a stand-alone device ? Does the gear lever have a neutral position ?

2 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

Winwing takeoff panel has what you are asking for.

upload_c40902f0acb4fd17e5277e21eddc1383.

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

3 hours ago, Svsmokey said:

Does the Winwing work as a stand-alone device ? Does the gear lever have a neutral position ?

Yes to both.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Hello, 

I'm working on designing and printing3d a stand alone lever, when it is ready I'll post it in the forum the files. as you can see, the movement works fine, I just need to print the final version with better finish and do the electrical connections...

Best regards

Nicholas

landing gear.png

photo_2022-02-04_13-18-11.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dnick said:

Hello, 

I'm working on designing and printing3d a stand alone lever, when it is ready I'll post it in the forum the files. as you can see, the movement works fine, I just need to print the final version with better finish and do the electrical connections...

Best regards

Nicholas

landing gear.png

Hmmm I know that mechanism 😉
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4645392

Though I designed mine originally in about an hour in sketchup so there is a lot of potential for improvement, I actually considered putting a 608 bearing (skateboard) on the back of the lever to make it roll smoother over the detents, but the one I have installed in my cockpit now with just plastic rubbing seems to be holding up fine. Looking forward to printing this when it's ready!

Edited by TomVR
  • Like 1

Authentikit has one for the Spitfire MK1 ...

https://authentikit.org/spitfire-mk1a/

Not sure about a neutral though...

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

On 2/2/2022 at 8:58 AM, Emacs said:

Hi there,

Does anyone know of a gear lever / switch to be used with DCS?

One with an up, a down, and a neutral position.

Green/red light would be a nice touch, but is not required?

cheers,

Emacs

The Virpil Button Box has a sophisticated gear lever with three positions.

https://virpil-controls.eu/vpc-control-panel-2.html

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Hi everyone,

thank you for all those replies!!!

The 3d print looks exactly like what I had imagined (except that it seems to be a two-way switch, rather then a three-way one with a neutral middle position).

Virpil's box and the WinWing module look phantasmic but are bit too much for me (dimensions and price too).

The VBK module looks nice though and has a reasonable price.

But on the Authentikit page I cannot see a gear lever, no matter how long I look.

Then there is the Logitech/Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel, which comes with a gear lever too.

But I understand it's a pain to connect it to DCS (no plug-and-play. has to go via DCSBios).

Cheers,

Emacs

Edited by Emacs

hace 9 horas, Emacs dijo:

Hi everyone,

thank you for all those replies!!!

The 3d print looks exactly like what I had imagined (except that it seems to be a two-way switch, rather then a three-way one with a neutral middle position).

Virpil's box and the WinWing module look phantasmic but are bit too much for me (dimensions and price too).

The VBK module looks nice though and has a reasonable price.

But on the Authentikit page I cannot see a gear lever, no matter how long I look.

Then there is the Logitech/Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel, which comes with a gear lever too.

But I understand it's a pain to connect it to DCS (no plug-and-play. has to go via DCSBios).

Cheers,

Emacs

Hello,

sorry, but I do not see the point of three position switch, did I miss something? in the Fa-18 you have an up and a down position. What is the intermediate for? A 3 position can be designed but would take time...

Best regards

Nicholas

For the F-18 it doesn't matter, but there are several aircraft, where the switch is supposed to go in a "off" (middle) position after the gear is locked to take load from the hydraulic/pneumatic system. Otherwise you would put unneccessary stress on the valves and/or bleed system pressure.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

En 10/2/2022 a las 11:01, Hiob dijo:

For the F-18 it doesn't matter, but there are several aircraft, where the switch is supposed to go in a "off" (middle) position after the gear is locked to take load from the hydraulic/pneumatic system. Otherwise you would put unneccessary stress on the valves and/or bleed system pressure.

Hello, here  you have a quick and dirty solution print the stle below. buy one of this switches: Interruptor momentáneo de 3 pines planos (ON) OFF (ON)|switch switch|switch toggleswitch on - AliExpress and do two holes  in the plrinte lever for two screws to fix it to the switch...

best regards

Nicholas

photo_2022-02-11_13-39-45.jpg

gear lever.3mf

Il 4/2/2022 at 13:22, dnick ha scritto:

Hello, 

Best regards

Nicholas

landing gear.png

Very interesting! Do you plan a neutral position or just up and down?

Are you going to use an Arduino board to code it as a HID?

I bought a bunch of these with the same thought of adding a 3d printed heads. I had some toggles that did not work because the shaft rotated. I thought this design would be a more more solid mounting platform for the 3d printed heads.

Switch1.JPG

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Had / have the same problem with rotating shafts, especially annoying with my rudder trim hat.

Then a lighting struck ...

grafik.png

and voilà, no more rotation.  For mounting on the shaft (in my panels I had to glue it on top ) it might need some more refinement.

Since I have no idea about constructions in Fusion, it doesn't go better as this 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Lt_Jaeger

Nice!!, What a great simple, and versatile solution. I am going to use your Idea to add a stronger detent. I was thinking small imbedded  magnets.

You the Man Lt

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

9 hours ago, dnick said:

this switches do not rotate

T80 switches from Salecom are quite good, being an almost 1:1 copy of C&K 7000 series. But be careful- there is a lot of "clones" of a real T80 series at Aliexpress that might be quite unreliable (I've seen a lot of these clones breaking down). To be sure look for a "Salecom T80" at Aliexpress; the real ones have a "Salecom" logo on the switch body, as in your picture.

Speaking of the other options- this is a locking switch that is being used in real planes (like Cessna); both the 2-position and 3-position versions are available, but they may be quite expensive/ hard to find. I've managed to pick up both versions unused on eBay together with a Cessna knob.

Switch_1.jpgSwitch.jpg