Odd Textures reflections

speed-of-heat

Is anyone else seeing odd textures in the footwells of the F-5... i took a screenshot from the 2d mirror but it does not seem to capture it very well?

Screen_210811_211025.png

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

The Default F5E cockpit footwell looks normal to me.  I guess you can try the usual DCS troubleshooting steps like Delete Pre-Compiled Shader, Reboot, Repair etc..

• Have you ever tried any of the excellent updated F-5E Cockpits from User Files Downloads?

F-5E3 HD Cockpit by lee1hy: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3314481/

F-5E TIGER II pit V1.13 by Bummer: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306823/

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

i havent tried either of those mods yet ... i will try the standard diagnosis approach and then give them a go, thanks

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

It is the reflection from the cockpit. ( looked at it in modelviewer after updating to 2.7.5.10869 )

ED has to make the backwall and sidewall of the footwell none reflective to remove it I guess.

It is totally black in my F-5 Mods.

• Like 2

@Bummer and @speed-of-heat Yep.. I see the texture/reflection now with both the default and lee1hy HD cockpits.

• Now I can't "un-see it" lol.. 

Glad that Bummers Cockpit v1.13 is clean..    Thanks again ! 

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
  • Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • 5 months later...

Allready reported 6 months ago, so there is no hurry on ED's side.

You can check out one of my cockpit MOD's without the shimmering (see link below)

This is what it looks like in the footwell behind the front panel.

f5 footwell.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Both sides, but the left side is more clearly visible. Like an oil spot on a puddle. It's not static. It changes in appearance. Condition: some direct light comes into the cockpit. The artifacts are not visible in inverted flight, nor with texture mods. Pilot body ON/OFF and camera FOV make no difference.

The latest OB

ST and MT

repair done

Tried different: mission, time of day, external livery.

https://youtu.be/UmcnRRUEzOI

20230804_223628.jpg

dcs - f-5e cockpit leg artifacts.log

• Like 1

F-4E Phantom module for sale -25% non-Steam

BTW, neither of the bugs (the artifact in the foot well and the black buckles) appear in your mods and in others' mods. So, while I can't say much about the bugs, all the mod creators have figured it out by now and ED can reach to them at any time. Especially that the mod by @Yemet is 95% vanilla.

12 hours ago, Bummer said:

Also, remember this

Ha, nice, my own post. But I didn't recall them at the moment of posting this bug report.

Anyway, using the Default cockpit is a no go at this point.

• Like 1

• Flappie changed the title to Odd Textures reflections