OpenXR Guide - Deprecated - This time for real (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

nikoel

Healthy boost to CPU times though 🙂
Come back turbo! 😄

1 minute ago, slughead said:

HAM?

Cured pork?

Headset mask, DCS has its own but it's suspect that the toolkit HAM is a little more aggressive and culls a few more pixels.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

4 minutes ago, edmuss said:

Healthy boost to CPU times though 🙂

yes i suspect because you can't really trust CPU FT in Tubro 🙂

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

1 minute ago, speed-of-heat said:

yes i suspect because you can't really trust CPU FT in Tubro 🙂

image.png

Showing 1.5-3ms less CPU, both with turbo off 🙂

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

I have a low end cpu and even without reprojection running lovely.

ohh I made a mistake I was in the apache and wobbles are there so looks like its working.

Must keep up things move so fast if your out the loop for while.

Edited by freehand

• nikoel changed the title to OpenXR Guide for WMR Headsets - Deprecated, but kinda maybe not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
11 hours ago, edmuss said:

Headset mask, DCS has its own but it's suspect that the toolkit HAM is a little more aggressive and culls a few more pixels.

I honestly don't think the "Cull outer mask" option should do anything useful at all with DCS. But it'd be nice if someone could try and compare.

This account is now inactive and not monitored.

40 minutes ago, mbucchia said:

I honestly don't think the "Cull outer mask" option should do anything useful at all with DCS. But it'd be nice if someone could try and compare.

It makes about 1fps difference, improvement, it's fairly consistent, cull outer mask, physically masks more of the screen, you can see that in the 2d mirror, it's not a lot more.  I posted the numbers a little further back as HAM on and off

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

-

Edited by coldViPer
wrong thread sry

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 4080 Super * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

But the big difference for me is that I can run turbo mode On via opencomposite which I can't via dcs's native openxr implementation. Dcs's implementation is faster when comparing openxr via opencomposite when turbo mode is disabled in both.

17 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

But the big difference for me is that I can run turbo mode On via opencomposite which I can't via dcs's native openxr implementation. Dcs's implementation is faster when comparing openxr via opencomposite when turbo mode is disabled in both

I haven't looked at that in depth yet, but strongly suspect that Turbo mode doesn't work for the same reason motion reprojection doesn't work for some users. So hopefully when that game bug is fixed, we might have a shot at Turbo mode.

Edited by mbucchia
  • Like 2

This account is now inactive and not monitored.

15 minutes ago, mbucchia said:

I haven't looked at that in depth yet, but strongly suspect that Turbo mode doesn't work for the same reason motion reprojection doesn't work for some users. So hopefully when that game bug is fixed, we might have a shot at Turbo mode.

Fingers crossed, in the meantime at least there is a graceful fall back via opencomposite.

Please forgive the perhaps stupid question, but I just want to be sure and I think it may help. others, too:

I use OpenComposite (system-wide) and OpenXR. What exactly do I have to do now to switch to DCS native support? Just switch back to SteamVR in OpenComposite? Delete the OpenComposite folder? Delete the openvrpaths folder? How do I now for sure wether DCS uses native support vs OpenXR via OpenComposite (despite some features do not work at the moment?

Thanks! 

As of the latest update to the beta branch you have to launch dcs with --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR to enable native support of openxr

• Thanks 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb speed-of-heat:

As of the latest update to the beta branch you have to launch dcs with --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR to enable native support of openxr

This does not correspond to my experience.  I run DCS via OpenComposite. 
When I tried to make the entry in the command line, I got an error message (I read somewhere here that there has to be a space between " and - -???).

This is my command line in the DCS icon:

"E:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR

• Like 2

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Lange_666:

This is my command line in the DCS icon:

"E:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR

Can you use motion reprojection? Switched on via toolkits?

Edited by A.F.

A bit of confusion. I will try to explain

If you are using the OpenComposite method of launching (aka the one outlined on the first page of this thread. AKA without  --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR)

Then you can still use MR and Turbo

If you are using  --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR (aka native DCS OpenXR implementation)

Then you can not use MR or Turbo

• Thanks 1

OK, I use the Skatezilla utility which enables me to leave VR enabled in DCS and then launch with or without VR enabled via the utility, which is useful as I often use both VR and 2D. 

I want to carry on using motion reprojection and the performance tools....

What do I need to do? 

Thanks! 

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

50 minutes ago, triscan said:

use the old method with opencomposite

Exactly. Now the priority has been changed DCS loading in VR will try to load in OpenVR and the opencomposite DLL will intercept it as it did before.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Hello, Just started reading about the latest hot fix OB update. I use Skatezilla”s launcher for DCS and am satisfied with open composite, toolkits, etc. So I can still launch the same old way? Any advantage right now to switching to DCS’s native OpenXR? And if I switch, what changes do I need to make?

5 minutes ago, greyeagle787 said:

Hello, Just started reading about the latest hot fix OB update. I use Skatezilla”s launcher for DCS and am satisfied with open composite, toolkits, etc. So I can still launch the same old way? Any advantage right now to switching to DCS’s native OpenXR? And if I switch, what changes do I need to make?

To run it natively you will need to add the following to a shortcut to DCS.exe

--force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR

I use the per application method of opencomposite so I also restore the latest openBeta openvr_api.dll

To revert to opencomposite I just copy over the dll and remove the --force_OpenXR from the shortcut.

As I prefer motion reprojection the native version doesn't work (known bug), so I am using the "old" method.

• Thanks 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

13 minutes ago, Baldrick33 said:

To run it natively you will need to add the following to a shortcut to DCS.exe

--force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR

Assuming, then, that I don’t use Skatezilla’s launcher?

I use the per application method of opencomposite so I also restore the latest openBeta openvr_api.dll

After loading the new OB, I’ll need to reinsert this .dll? And where do I find this?

To revert to opencomposite I just copy over the dll and remove the --force_OpenXR from the shortcut.

As I prefer motion reprojection the native version doesn't work (known bug), so I am using the "old" method.

Thanks!

Sorry for the ignorance, Aging computer semi-illiterate guy

Edited by greyeagle787