Startup Procedures - Hope it helps you like it helps me

DaWu

I have created a printable startup checklist including images for those like myself who can not remember the button positions.

Hope you like it :)

UPDATE: v.1.1 Now online updated with the hints and suggestions. thx for the feedback.

Download:

http://www.dahustler.de/files/dcs/ka50_startup.zip

Mirror:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VFTMB903

Edited by DaWu
v.1.1
  • Like 11

I was thinking today about something like this. This is awesome!! I am so gonna duplex this and staple it onto the back of my homemade manual!! Oh yeah and rep for you!!

Rig Specs: AMD FX-60 @ 2.6ghz - DFI Lanparty SLI UT - 4gb Mushkin Redline Ram - WD Raptor 300gb HDD - EVGA 260GTX 940mb - SoundBlaster something Live:P - Samsung 20.1" Syncmaster 204B (Camera) and Shuttle 17" xp17 (Abris & Shkval)

Flight Controls: Franken Force CH 568/Logitech Wingman Force 3D Hybrid - CH Pro Throttle - Logitech Momo Wheel Conversion to FFB pedals - Belkin N52

That's very nice, having the pictures is extremely helpful for those who are not totally familiar with the cockpit layout yet.

I do have a few suggestions, though...

You never turn on the batteries. That should be #1 and #2. If using external power, that's fine, make that an optional #3 and #4, but you still need ot turn the batteries on first.

Your engine RPM numbers are incorrect, the gauge reads in percent, not thousands. For example, your numbers should read 18%, 70%, etc.

Switch #39 is already on when you get in the aircraft, so if you change it, you're actually turning the main hydraulics OFF.

Switch #40 is not implemented, but it doesn't hurt to turn it on anyway, I suppose. :)

Switches #41 and #57 do basically the exact same thing. #41 is used when you are doing things on the ground and do not intend to take off (testing, maintenance, etc.). If you are going to go fly, #57 is the only switch you need to turn on, and #41 can be left off (although if you do both, I don't think anything bad happens).

You never turn on the fire extinguishing system, it would fit nicely between #7 and #8.

You seem to shut off the APU by just shutting off the fuel valve. Although the game may be okay with that, in reality that is a good way to bust the APU. You should shut it off with the shutoff button on the engine control panel, and once it's spinning down (EGT falling, etc.) THEN turn off the APU fuel shutoff valve.

Great job!

• Like 1

Switches #41 and #57 do basically the exact same thing. #41 is used when you are doing things on the ground and do not intend to take off (testing, maintenance, etc.). If you are going to go fly, #57 is the only switch you need to turn on, and #41 can be left off (although if you do both, I don't think anything bad happens).

Finally an answer about the NAV switch! Actually at least one of the training missions has it set to on. I've noticed if you switch it on mid flight the KA-50 goes a bit nuts....

And a BIG thanks from me. Timm

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. It comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.” John Wayne

It was a nice idea but you have to correct somethings that are not correct. For example the APU start procedure. Another good idea is to create a small checklist without images so you can print it out.

For example;

Before Engine Start (Without GPU);

BAT 1 - ON

BAT 2 - ON

FWD Fuel Pump - ON

REAR Fuel Pump - ON

Fuel Gauge - ON

Fuel Gauge Meter - TEST

APU Fuel Shut Off Valve - ON

Bla bla bla...

Best regards.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

That's very nice, having the pictures is extremely helpful for those who are not totally familiar with the cockpit layout yet.

I do have a few suggestions, though...

You never turn on the batteries. That should be #1 and #2. If using external power, that's fine, make that an optional #3 and #4, but you still need ot turn the batteries on first.

Your engine RPM numbers are incorrect, the gauge reads in percent, not thousands. For example, your numbers should read 18%, 70%, etc.

Switch #39 is already on when you get in the aircraft, so if you change it, you're actually turning the main hydraulics OFF.

Switch #40 is not implemented, but it doesn't hurt to turn it on anyway, I suppose. :)

You never turn on the fire extinguishing system, it would fit nicely between #7 and #8.

You seem to shut off the APU by just shutting off the fuel valve. Although the game may be okay with that, in reality that is a good way to bust the APU. You should shut it off with the shutoff button on the engine control panel, and once it's spinning down (EGT falling, etc.) THEN turn off the APU fuel shutoff valve.

Great job!

Agreed Great Job! This one is a keeper :D

But I have a question, don't we also need to turn on the EKRAN/Hydraulics Switch from the rear wall panel in the beginning of the startup?

Edited by haigotron

Amazing stuff!!

59 switches to turn on before you even take off though??!! :shocking:

Really going to have to set lots of time aside when I finally get this sim.

Can't wait.

My wife thinks I'm mad anyway when it comes to games, she thinks they are boring (And that was GTA IV!) Wait till she sees me playing this little beauty. She'll keel over.

I decided to bite the bullet and bought this and downloaded last night.

So i thought i would pop on here and say hi to all, i have grabbed this pdf along with a few more and can now memorize the takeoff procedure, but i have one issue that is causing me issues.

Well two actually.

First is that i cannot seem to un-cage the Standby ADI, i can highlight the switch, but whatever i do it just wont uncage.

Secondly when flying the shooting range i have no tooltips, but on the tutorials it works ok.

Im prob doing something stupid, but im still loving the sim, have yet to fire a weapon in anger yet :)

/salute

Asus P8P67-M Pro, i7 2600K@4.6Ghz, 4gb Vengence Ram, Gainward GTX 580 3gb Phantom, Win7 64 Ultimate, Warthog Control System.

Trackir 5 Pro, Saitek Combat Pedals.

Hey Scif, welcome to the forums!!

First is that i cannot seem to un-cage the Standby ADI, i can highlight the switch, but whatever i do it just wont uncage.

Use the mouse wheel to rotate the knob counterclockwise.

Secondly when flying the shooting range i have no tooltips, but on the tutorials it works ok.

Be sure that you have the "Tool Tips" and "Use these settings for all missions" options selected on the Options->Gameplay tab.

Thanks a lot for the help, looks like i was using the mouse in the look around mode and didnt work till i switched back.. sadly dont have Trackir.

Asus P8P67-M Pro, i7 2600K@4.6Ghz, 4gb Vengence Ram, Gainward GTX 580 3gb Phantom, Win7 64 Ultimate, Warthog Control System.

Trackir 5 Pro, Saitek Combat Pedals.