Target WP creation.

Reaper51368

I'm having trouble creating a target waypoint.  The videos I watch say to lase the target and hit the store button.  I have tried this on both vehicles and points on the ground and do not get a T01 on the menu or on the TSD.  I have tried with the TSD in nav and combat modes.  I just realized I have only tried this using the TADS and haven't tried it using the IHADSS.  Can it only be used with IHADDS?  Any special modes I didn't set?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reaper51368 said:

I'm having trouble creating a target waypoint.  The videos I watch say to lase the target and hit the store button.  I have tried this on both vehicles and points on the ground and do not get a T01 on the menu or on the TSD.  I have tried with the TSD in nav and combat modes.  I just realized I have only tried this using the TADS and haven't tried it using the IHADSS.  Can it only be used with IHADDS?  Any special modes I didn't set?

No, TADS only. Currently you can create T point only with TSD in attack mode. And yes, it is a bug.

• Thanks 2

• ED Team

The CPG can store a TG or WP with the HMD or the TADS (whichever is selected as the sight), but only when on the TSD>POINT>STO page. Otherwise, if not on the POINT STO page, the CPG can only store with the TADS, which should always be a TG regardless of TSD Phase setting. As admiki said, it's bugged currently.

The difference is the CPG will need to use a different range source than the laser to store the point using the HMD, like Autorange.

The PLT can only store a flyover point using the TSD>POINT>STO page.

Edited by Raptor9
  • Thanks 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

3 hours ago, Reaper51368 said:

Hi.

I'm probavly wrong, but in SP I'm pretty sure I created stored TG or WP lasing with second trigger detent depressed all the time until pressing STORE, then released, from the TEDAC screen. After that, the MPD will show WP or TG and can select it and SLAVE the tedac so the camera stays ground stabilysed.

Saludos.

Saca111

Just now, Reaper51368 said:

Thank you.  How does the Sight Select Switch affect this process?  Has to be in TADS?

Yes.

1 hour ago, agamemnon_b5 said:

There is a sort of cheat method someone posted on youtube.  Involves using the CPG cursor on the TSD, and moving the TSD cursor (as pilot) over that to create a point.

yes, that's how I do it. it's a little faster than having to calculate the mgrs

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

On 4/7/2022 at 3:11 AM, Sacarino111 said:

Hi.

I'm probavly wrong, but in SP I'm pretty sure I created stored TG or WP lasing with second trigger detent depressed all the time until pressing STORE, then released, from the TEDAC screen. After that, the MPD will show WP or TG and can select it and SLAVE the tedac so the camera stays ground stabilysed.

Saludos.

Saca111

Yes.

What I've found is

As CPG, create WP|TG with TSD in NAV|ATK using  
(a) HDU sight + WPN auto range + LHG Store
(b) TADS sight + lase once + LHG Store

As Pilot, create WP|TG only with TSD in NAV|ATK + STO + NOW

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

• ED Team

I want to point out that a WP or TG can be stored via the STO page regardless of TSD phase. The TSD phase simply defaults the point type selection when entering the STO page.

Same thing happens in the POINT>ADD page. In NAV phase, WP will be automatically selected when adding a point, and TG will be selected when in ATK phase. But the crewmember can change the type if they wish.

The only method a player has no control over is when storing a target using the TADS without using the STO page. This will always be a TG point. Right now there is a bug where a WP is stored when TSD is in NAV phase, which shouldn't happen.

Edited by Raptor9
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head