Do you want DCS to change to subscription based payment model

skywalker22

DCS changes to subscription based payment model  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like DCS change to subscription service instead of current one buying each model seperately?

• YES (anual fixed payment and cheeper modules, terrains, campaigns,...)
    • NO, leave it as it is, its just fine
    • Not sure

This poll is closed to new votes

Instead of subscriptions I would rather see optional server-side licenses for maps, maybe asset packs. If the server has a license everybody can join, if not then nothing changes.

Current model when it comes to aircraft modules is completely fine in my opinion

• Like 2

👎

• Like 1

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

37 minutes ago, Dr_Pavelheer said:

Instead of subscriptions I would rather see optional server-side licenses for maps, maybe asset packs. If the server has a license everybody can join, if not then nothing changes.

Current model when it comes to aircraft modules is completely fine in my opinion

Why should server owners subsidize players who are too stingy to buy the content?

I think if you did the math you’d realize there aren’t enough sever owners to finance the game’s development and it would cost those few people way too much. They’d have to charge admission to the sever to make up the cost.

Edited by SharpeXB
  • Like 1

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Subscriptions only achieve charging more while providing less.

Edited by Exorcet
  • Like 3

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

@SharpeXB Just let community members donate however much they see fit, until then require clients to have license. Of course a lot depends on how much would a server side license have to cost so ED doesn't lose money, but assuming 1000$ for a license it's 50 people donating 20$ each, not completely outlandish. They stated many times that most users don't dip their toes in MP so I don't know how big of a deal it would even be for them. Once you have a license it's much easier to get people to take part in events and stuff, especially if you want to use a map that isn't Caucasus/Marianas or Syria, I think it would help boost sales of less popular maps like SA

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dr_Pavelheer said:

@SharpeXB Just let community members donate however much they see fit, until then require clients to have license. Of course a lot depends on how much would a server side license have to cost so ED doesn't lose money, but assuming 1000$ for a license it's 50 people donating 20$ each, not completely outlandish. They stated many times that most users don't dip their toes in MP so I don't know how big of a deal it would even be for them. Once you have a license it's much easier to get people to take part in events and stuff, especially if you want to use a map that isn't Caucasus/Marianas or Syria, I think it would help boost sales of less popular maps like SA

There are so few server owners compared to players that it would hurt revenue from the content unless the fee was just extraordinary. 
The notion that players can’t afford the DLC is farcical anyways and conjures up and image of some jobless middle aged guy living with their parents and yet owing a gaming PC

Edited by SharpeXB
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Eder Nucci said:

As a dedicated player of the game

And that's where this discussion should end, since you didn't even state your financial experience in running these kind of companies. So I don't really see why should anyone take your advice.

I'm no finance expert but I know from my gaming experience that many game tripple A companies tried subscription model and failed to oblivion, only few survived cause they had really big player base,

even then they went free after having years of subscription model.

So please no subscription.

• Like 2

• ED Team

Hi folks, 

we have no plans to change our current payment system. 

I have merged the threads.

thank you

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2