Hmmm

Belphe

I know that th U.S. AH-64A (perhaps D as well?) will soon be or already is in the works as an add-on for DCS series. How come??? I mean I'd LOVE to see it in the game on the "fliable" side but please, allow me a tiny touch of cinism... ;P Wasn't that "unrealistic" in Lock On to create two-seated aircraft? :megalol:

OK. As I was a true believer that the AI could handle the pilot's or the gunner's tasks anyway, I now demand (:smilewink:) the one and only, great in every aspect, realistic and complex - proper carrier ops with the never-dying star - the F-14D Tomcat, baby... :pilotfly:

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They are only doing the AH-64a due to the info on the D is still eyes only. But the last I hered was they were having a problem making it a singel player capable. DCS is going full realism and it is required to have Pilot and Gunner to proerly fly the AH-64 any model. I cant wait for it. I will be having two pc and pits just for the AH-64a.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Oh please ... a Tornado, before I'm too old to fly computer games!?

BTW, I'm thinking of developing a walking stick that plugs straight into a HOTAS recepticle. Users will have a choice of different replica's of RL joysticks as the head of the walking stick. To enhance multi-functionality, I'm thinking that if can get the buttons on the stick to do something useful while *out* of game (i.e. being used as a walking cane) ... e.g. rotary switch to open garage door, pinkie switch to turn on home security alarms etc ... good idea? :D

Cheers!

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

I'm guessing it will be sorta like how Longbow 2 did it. When you're flying, the AI controls the gunners seat, and vice versa.

Do you mean when you dont have a friend to fly with? Cause when the apache is released i dearly hope it can be flied human pilot/human gunner over the net, and not only with an AI like LB2/EECH.

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

You can fly with an human gunner in LB2.

Regards!!

Yeah sorry... I meant EECH. Too tired and got a small chock from thinking DCS Apache will be human pilot/AI gunner only. Cant only be that. Would destroy everything about a twin seat A/C. ;)

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

Yeah sorry... I meant EECH. Too tired and got a small chock from thinking DCS Apache will be human pilot/AI gunner only. Cant only be that. Would destroy everything about a twin seat A/C. ;)

Don't worry, I'm really sure DCS:Apache will come with full support of human/human cockpits. IRL, Lockon 1.02 already had some partial support for human/human cockpits (yes, although none of the Lockon aircrafts were a twin-seater!)

Regards!!

BTW, I'm thinking of developing a walking stick that plugs straight into a HOTAS recepticle. Users will have a choice of different replica's of RL joysticks as the head of the walking stick. To enhance multi-functionality, I'm thinking that if can get the buttons on the stick to do something useful while *out* of game (i.e. being used as a walking cane) ... e.g. rotary switch to open garage door, pinkie switch to turn on home security alarms etc ... good idea? :D

Cheers!

I like it. Put a "mute" button for the spousal unit on there, and they will sell like hotcakes!!! :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

I like it. Put a "mute" button for the spousal unit on there, and they will sell like hotcakes!!! :joystick:

Ah, that's a toughie! I've been trying to get around the spousal unit problem for years ... with little success.

"yes dear ... coming dear ... no I'm not on the computer playing those silly flying games ... dear :mad: " ...:D

Cheers!

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Looking at the level of interactivity and initiative of the AI in LockOn and DCS:BS, I really doubt it could have made up for the second seat. Not fitting the simulated environment, not modelled due to non-available documents and more famous than 2-seated counterparts were surely not the main reasons why all LockOn and BS remained single-seated. Considering the level of detail already included for the military simulation of the A-10C, I really hope that now more manpower is assigned to implement the new weather- and graphics-engine, AI, comms and user-accessability.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Hey,

How about a ability to be a gunner like in the last release of Gunship! where you could tell the AI pilot how to fly and where to go to while the human took care of targeting and killing? that way we could fly in combat with only AI if need be.

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals