How to change radar sub mode in Dogfight (ACM radar mode)

cmbaviator
Go to solution Solved by Frederf,

Check your cursor slew axes and add a deadzone. Any directional input from the cursor will enable ACM Slew mode, which is what you're seeing in your screenshot.

Edited by Tholozor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

1 hour ago, skywalker22 said:

Not sure. Can you paste your track here, so I can see what you are doing/pressing?

Regarding dogfight, I would suggest you to better use JHMCS - your helmet to lock targets.

i have a hard time to follow the eenmies plane lol

@cmbaviator You're in ACM Slew mode (look at the top row on the FCR where it says 'SLEW'). TMS Aft will exit this mode, or you can press the associated radar mode OSB on the FCR page. ACM Slew is automatically entered when the radar cursor is moved while in DGFT mode. If you use axes to control the cursor, ensure they have a suitable deadzone so it won't enter that mode erroneously without input (which would prevent exiting with TMS Aft if there's a constant input).

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

10 minutes ago, Tholozor said:

@cmbaviator You're in ACM Slew mode (look at the top row on the FCR where it says 'SLEW'). TMS Aft will exit this mode, or you can press the associated radar mode OSB on the FCR page. ACM Slew is automatically entered when the radar cursor is moved while in DGFT mode. If you use axes to control the cursor, ensure they have a suitable deadzone so it won't enter that mode erroneously without input (which would prevent exiting with TMS Aft if there's a constant input).

just tried that but every time i'm stuck in slew mode.... even when pressing the OSB to manually change the submode, its stays on SLEW

Edited by cmbaviator

10 hours ago, Frederf said:

Because you're slewing. Your controller is providing slew input even when you aren't touching it. Try unbinding your cursor axes and see if it still does it.

HI.

This! I had this issue and it was drivung me mad, until I fixed the slew control and it suddenly worked perfectly.

1 for the test, unbind the slewing control/s, son no false inputs happen.

2 Try the ACM mode and check that TMS Up, Left, Right does change the sub mode.

3 Bind back the Slew control, and add a generouse dead zone. Do tests and reduce the dead zone to a level where it is not creating false inputs.

4 a) Stay like this or 

b) Repair/change the slew control in your HOTAS.

Saludos.

Saca111

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sacarino111 said:

HI.

This! I had this issue and it was drivung me mad, until I fixed the slew control and it suddenly worked perfectly.

1 for the test, unbind the slewing control/s, son no false inputs happen.

2 Try the ACM mode and check that TMS Up, Left, Right does change the sub mode.

3 Bind back the Slew control, and add a generouse dead zone. Do tests and reduce the dead zone to a level where it is not creating false inputs.

4 a) Stay like this or 

b) Repair/change the slew control in your HOTAS.

Saludos.

Saca111

Thanks for your input, will try. whats the slew control. i only have bind the radar X et Y axis on my X56 throttle for the radar operation

10 minutes ago, cmbaviator said:

Thanks for your input, will try. whats the slew control. i only have bind the radar X et Y axis on my X56 throttle for the radar operation

Hi.

The slew control is "radar X and Y" for axis, or "TDC slew up, dwn, left, right " for keypresses. If you have bound to axels, then first unbind, do the test, and then bind back and add dead zone, as descibed above.

Hope it helps (it did it to me...).

Salut.

Saca

13 minutes ago, Sacarino111 said:

Hi.

The slew control is "radar X and Y" for axis, or "TDC slew up, dwn, left, right " for keypresses. If you have bound to axels, then first unbind, do the test, and then bind back and add dead zone, as descibed above.

Hope it helps (it did it to me...).

Salut.

Saca

Thanks, will try it this evening after work