Flyable A6M5c tease?

dcn

What sorcery is this? 

• Like 5

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Main problem with any Zero is going to be documentation. Not that it does not exist, but that it uses a specific technical-oriented dialect of Japanese of which few, if any, can still read or speak. Here's hoping they've found a solution to that one.

On 8/19/2022 at 8:59 AM, Sealpup said:

Main problem with any Zero is going to be documentation. Not that it does not exist, but that it uses a specific technical-oriented dialect of Japanese of which few, if any, can still read or speak. Here's hoping they've found a solution to that one.

No, there's no such problem with the Zero, and there's more than one flying example around. Same with the Oscar.

The problem you're repeating from elsewhere is related to aircraft like the Val, Kate, Betty, Pete, etc etc.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2022 at 9:05 AM, dcn said:

Interesting,they changed DCS:X-XX to DCS:XXX-X.

I'd like to add that US aircraft had their names changed in 1962 when the US switched over to the tri-service aircraft designation system. As an example, the first F-8 variant was called F8U-1 (XXX-X) but then got its code changed to F-8A (X-XX). So it is quite possible that the XXX-X module is an A-1 to A-7 or F-1 to F-9 fighter variant produced before 1962 and that's why they changed the name back from it's tri-service designation. Just a guess though... 😎

• Thanks 1

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

29分钟前,WHOGX5说:

I'd like to add that US aircraft had their names changed in 1962 when the US switched over to the tri-service aircraft designation system. As an example, the first F-8 variant was called F8U-1 (XXX-X) but then got its code changed to F-8A (X-XX). So it is quite possible that the XXX-X module is an A-1 to A-7 or F-1 to F-9 fighter variant produced before 1962 and that's why they changed the name back from it's tri-service designation. Just a guess though... 😎

You said what I thought months ago.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/25/2022 at 11:36 AM, Stratos said:

A Orao would be amazing! Will double as the IAR-93 as well.

As far as I know this was largely the same platform, but J-22 carried/carries mavericks. Do you have any information on what was used on IAR-93?

4 hours ago, okopanja said:

As far as I know this was largely the same platform, but J-22 carried/carries mavericks. Do you have any information on what was used on IAR-93?

I think it was not capable of carrying the Mavs and was more oriented to use Warsaw pact weapons.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• 8 months later...
2023/1/1 AM12点37分,Art-J说:

@dcn - That's Ki-84, which is totally unexpected!

Sorry I didn't expect that they would post a picture of Ki-84 and took it for granted that it was a Zero.Someone found that the picture was from War Thunder Wiki,that is quite interesting.And it doesn't appear in 2024 and beyond video.

Would ED call AI 'are already in development'?Flyable A6M5c confirmed?And they used 'are' here,so Ki-84 is possible?

• Like 1