Thank You DCS - For Not Making This Easy

mickslick

Hey, I purchased this game a couple of weeks ago. It was almost an afterthought, after years of siming I kind of gave up on following the community given the dire state of the hobby. I do have LOMAC and knew Black Shark was being worked on, but lost track. Then on a whim checked in and saw the English Version was ready and went for the download. At first I was a bit overwhelmed, I could always fly the jets and props on full realism but this was going to be a whole new level of challenge. To be honest after a couple of days struggling just to fly the bird I was wondering if I was cut out for this ultrarealistic sim stuff any more. But then I started to make a little progress here and there, crashed two times instead of three :) Long story short I am now able to fly fairly profeceintly and am good enough to have success in the campaigns. I haven't had this much fun and satisfaction from a sim in years. I feel my old passion is reborn, and am stoked even more that the developers are working on an A10 and others! Thanks again for not making this anything less than an outstanding study sim and reviving our glorious all but dead passion.

Totally agree with you mickslick, this is a great sim. I thought I was getting a handle on things until I just flew into a hill in a night sortie!

ED also deserve credit for the immersive campaign they've shipped with it. They've crafted great atmosphere into every mission.

Win10 x64, 16 GB RAM, Ryzen 5 1600X @3.60 GHz, 500 GB SSD, GeForce 1080 Ti

Yo, I am in the same boat. No problem flying FSX, LOMAC, or IL-2 on full realism, but was sure having a hard time flying the Ka-50 in this sim. I took about a month off in frustration, but just came back to it yesterday. Now that I have the AP modes off when I am trying to do a free-flight, and got it in my mind to trim every 5 seconds, I am now also flying fairly proficiently (and landing too!)

Now on to the avionics, weapons and campaign for me!

Stingray

My head is about to SPIN off! The room is moving, and I can't walk in a straight line anymore; I fly choppers all night in my dreams--This is really a good flight sim or I have a serious problem or both. Can't wait for the warthog release!

Gigabyte|Q6600|8GB DDR3|GTX285|Win7 64|X-65

I haven't said so yet so I want to also say THANK YOU to Wags and the whole ED people and community involved in this sim. It has been quite the Christmas present. Even though I am a bit nostalgic and continue to play the old stuff, I am always looking for the next best thing out there and this is it. I try to support the sim flying business and buy any and most all products that come out like this so rest assurd that if you make it ED I'll buy it. Again Thanks.

Edited by Threshor

My first post here. I am also thankfull for the complexity of this sim, thanks ED! It was the best 50$ I've spent in a long time. I very much hope the upcomming aircraft additions will conform to the realism level of the KA-50.

Rock on, be strong! :thumbup:

They will be AS rigorously modeled as a minimum, or MORE. :)

My first post here. I am also thankfull for the complexity of this sim, thanks ED! It was the best 50$ I've spent in a long time. I very much hope the upcomming aircraft additions will conform to the realism level of the KA-50.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I couldn't agree more! I'm amazed by the level of detail in this sim. The work that has gone into it is very impressive. A big thumbs up to the DCS team :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever" - Napoleon Bonaparte

I love this Sim!

Great work ED! I have now had the game for over a month and i am still learning learning things, hell it took me a week to learn the startup process.

Great work indeed and many hours of joy to come i am sure.

Asus P8P67-M Pro, i7 2600K@4.6Ghz, 4gb Vengence Ram, Gainward GTX 580 3gb Phantom, Win7 64 Ultimate, Warthog Control System.

Trackir 5 Pro, Saitek Combat Pedals.

Very overwhelming at first. I started playing with the keyboard - that was not very fun - after a week got used to it....

Then i bought a joystick - X52 - I suddendly realized that the stick is meant for right handed people - had to learn to fly right handed - felt like i was learning to walk all over again - ouch..

The only problem I'm having flying now is making right turns - beceause i'm left handed - it just something thats gonna take time...lol

i7-12700k, 32GB Ram, RTX 3060 12GB, TrackIR 5, Lots of SSD Space, etc etc

DCS World - All the cool modules

Absolutely agree with Mickslick,

I left flying for a while, ironically just weeks after getting a cougar HOTAS set. I got back in with FSX but missed not being able to blow stuff up. Black Shark is a huge challenge, and I also wondered if I'd reached my limit. However, I invested the last three days of my Christmas holidays on learning the basics, so I can now get by. I love the fact that it is going to take months, if not years to master. The Fallout 3s will come and go, but I can see Black Shark keeping me busy till Fighter Ops takes off...

A bit thanks then to all the DCS team, again for making their new sim bloody a hard, and very bloody satisfying.

--

L u c a s d i g i t a l

Mark Lucas

http://www.lucas-digital.com

Hey, I purchased this game a couple of weeks ago. It was almost an afterthought, after years of siming I kind of gave up on following the community given the dire state of the hobby. I do have LOMAC and knew Black Shark was being worked on, but lost track. Then on a whim checked in and saw the English Version was ready and went for the download. At first I was a bit overwhelmed, I could always fly the jets and props on full realism but this was going to be a whole new level of challenge. To be honest after a couple of days struggling just to fly the bird I was wondering if I was cut out for this ultrarealistic sim stuff any more. But then I started to make a little progress here and there, crashed two times instead of three :) Long story short I am now able to fly fairly profeceintly and am good enough to have success in the campaigns. I haven't had this much fun and satisfaction from a sim in years. I feel my old passion is reborn, and am stoked even more that the developers are working on an A10 and others! Thanks again for not making this anything less than an outstanding study sim and reviving our glorious all but dead passion.

much the same for myself., another of the old crew here brought back to life once again. i gave up during lockon,s release and the few months aftermath. It killed the whole flightsiming for me (just an opinion through feeling the software was broken)

_____ was my first username for anything to do with siming. gaming. or even being online with a nickname. i bought my first PC to play helicopter sims. that was 10 years ago now. there were a few that were allright, i forget there names. Gunship was ok but even before that there was couple which inspired my notions.. then came apache havoc, commanche hokum games. wow that was it for me my alter ego was secured i was _________

The fact is between those days and now im such a changed person yet im re kindling the very first notions i had to get into this crazy world of simming. The difference this time round is that for me this is the combat heli sim i wanted back then.. I remeber taking part in a developer chat with the likes of matt wagner one evening on hyperlobby. With my friend nick named shark and what we remeber of it was that we in effect begged them to make a helicopter simulation when asked what views we the community have upon what there direction may be. i dont believe for one second that is was me or my friend that caused this sim to happen in its conceptualisation. But from my point of view. these guys listened to atleast 2 people out there. To end my lil speechfest i would just like to thank the ED team enormously for what they have provided here. Thank you very much. this whole situation for me is priceless.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]