Full Screen select problem

Cyborg71
Go to solution Solved by Cyborg71,

From what I spoke with BIGNEWY, the alt enter was removed because they "fixed" the fps issues when not using ALT Enter, but for me it always stay as a windowed...

My Setup : i5-4690 3.50GHz + 24GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz + MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus OC + 2 SSD + 4 HDD + Oculus Rift CV1 + TM T.16000M Hotas

Super Etendard for Life !

18 minutes ago, Loukuins said:

From what I spoke with BIGNEWY, the alt enter was removed because they "fixed" the fps issues when not using ALT Enter, but for me it always stay as a windowed...

And the performance are still degraded.

It definitely runs poorer than it was with the alt+enter thing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Loukuins said:

Yeah well they are wrong, why they break something that doesn't need to be fixed is just mind boggling to me, kinda like "hold on my roof works, maybe I should take it down".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nevyn said:

Yeah well they are wrong, why they break something that doesn't need to be fixed is just mind boggling to me, kinda like "hold on my roof works, maybe I should take it down".

At least they should have ask or informed the community before.

Maybe they found ''that fix'' while working on something else, since they have their hands under the hood for quite sometime now.

After all that is the purpose of a beta build.

But DCS is so bugged right now, the experience is getting worse and worse 😕

• Like 2

My Full screen doesn't work at all.
The Full Screen option in the settings is checked, but DCS always starts not in full screen mode.
And I can't get DCS to work in Full Screen!

Before update 2.7.18.30348 I could force DCS to Full Screen (ALT+ENTER), but now I can't.

Edited by SMN
  • Like 1

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

2 hours ago, SMN said:

My Full screen doesn't work at all.
The Full Screen option in the settings is checked, but DCS always starts not in full screen mode.
And I can't get DCS to work in Full Screen!

Before update 2.7.18.30348 I could force DCS to Full Screen (ALT+ENTER), but now I can't.

Sadly, ED said that they "fixed" the FPS issues with the ALT + ENTER and so don't needed it to have the FPS, but the issue is it's not fixed and it make G-SYNC working not properly for me the last update is almost unplayable !

My Setup : i5-4690 3.50GHz + 24GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz + MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus OC + 2 SSD + 4 HDD + Oculus Rift CV1 + TM T.16000M Hotas

Don't bother with that thread fellows.

It is flagged as ''fixed'' so no one will look at it here anymore.

Sometimes I think, instead of participating in a single thread, we should flood the related bug section just to make them see how bad a problem is ...

On 10/5/2022 at 4:27 PM, 84-Simba said:

Don't bother with that thread fellows.

It is flagged as ''fixed'' so no one will look at it here anymore.

Sometimes I think, instead of participating in a single thread, we should flood the related bug section just to make them see how bad a problem is ...

That's sad and I kinda agree

6 minutes ago, 84-Simba said:

Yep.

Try those settings if you haven't already:

Windows Settings2.png

Windows settings.png

Nvidia Settings.png

You should find those, even if your windows is in another language.

The last is in the nvidia control panel, the first two are the properties of the dcs.exe

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Good luck!

One note: Those are my settings - and it works for me. The properties of DCS.exe are a very common tweak - long before this was an issue. I have never heard of any downsides.

The Nvidia-settings act different from gpu to gpu and display to display (probably depending on the drivers). If one setting doesn't do the trick, try the others as well. Take note of your original settings just in case or revert to default.

• Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

5 minutes ago, Hiob said:

Good luck!

One note: Those are my settings - and it works for me. The properties of DCS.exe are a very common tweak - long before this was an issue. I have never heard of any downsides.

The Nvidia-settings act different from gpu to gpu and display to display (probably depending on the drivers). If one setting doesn't do the trick, try the others as well. Take note of your original settings just in case or revert to default.

Note that I run full AMD, CPU and GPU.

11 minutes ago, 84-Simba said:

Note that I run full AMD, CPU and GPU.

CPU shouldn’t affect display behavior by any means (and I run ryzen as well). AMD GPU though, I have no experience with at all.

You could try and find similar settings related to scaling behavior in the AMD driver, but I can’t assist here, sorry.

• Like 1

No problem.

I'll first try the settings regarding the DCS.exe file.

Sadly with AMD it is best to turn almost every option off.

First because the drivers are somewhat unstable from times to times and,

Second, DCS relies on a very old code.

I expect everything to run better when the new core engine will drop.

and perhaps AMD will step up their drivers game…

…not that nvidia is flawless though…😆

Edited by Hiob

@84-Simba and @Hiob

i believe this is how to do what nvidia does in the NCP for AMD

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-68

Edited by silverdevil

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

6 minutes ago, 84-Simba said:

Thanks but why would I need the GPU scaling since I'm playing in the native resolution ?

'keine skallerung' is 'no scaling' in english. i posted so you could compare. i am not an AMD user either.

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

33 minutes ago, 84-Simba said:

Thanks but why would I need the GPU scaling since I'm playing in the native resolution ?

At some point or another, scaling comes into play (scaling 1:1 or to 100% is also scaling), I can't tell you exactly what is affected by settings like this. But I do know that it can cause trouble in regards to image size. Since there is no harm in trying out the different settings, I would just test and rule out.

Best case, your problems vanish, worst case - you're back to square one.

On 10/3/2022 at 12:22 PM, Loukuins said:

Sadly, ED said that they "fixed" the FPS issues with the ALT + ENTER and so don't needed it to have the FPS, but the issue is it's not fixed....

Yep... My FPS are exactly the same, but the "slow-mo" stuttering effect is REALLY a frustration that can no longer be eliminated on my system (as it could with the previous usage of Alt-Enter for me).

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

5 hours ago, wilbur81 said:

Yep... My FPS are exactly the same, but the "slow-mo" stuttering effect is REALLY a frustration that can no longer be eliminated on my system (as it could with the previous usage of Alt-Enter for me).

For me is that the game is not in fullscreen properly and so it makes G-SYNC not working and make MASSIVE screen tearing, like just removing a thing that doesn't harm anyone makes my experience garbage and I already told BIGNEWY but I feel like I talk to a wall...

Edited by Loukuins
  • Like 1