Sea King AI Mod

Tomcat-Flyer

Version 1:

https://mega.nz/file/xX0xBYaS#-DQZjPwlj1yFYoago1-P4aJKkR3dDUxidZ4bb0CATrM

Including the SH-3G and SH-3H.
For Paintkit use this link: https://mega.nz/file/tDkTUTKB#Yp_iBnNCwlXpilxrdbqIFaA7nvC1mA9A4Lj8dveswz0

Known issue: When the AI landed on PGUA (Guam AFB) RWY 24L and taxies left on Taxiway F it will explode for some reason.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version V1.4:

https://mega.nz/file/EW8RUQ6K#BwDFwCSbF85_Ou6NuA39DTmzHME3PKXW1C1iqc8veS8

- Better Main Rotor blurring
- Added protable Fuel tank
      - Added fuel tank skins for both SH-3G skins
- Added Window wippers
- Changed static folded units to flying aircraft to remove bug

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone,

I'm currently working on a Sea King AI Mod.

All-in-all I'm close to a release of the first part: Sikorsky SH-3H Sea King

Working features:

- Lights

- Landing gear

- Trooptransport

- 5 US / 1 Spanish / 1 Argentinian / 1 Bazilian Skin

Edited by Tomcat-Flyer
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, USSInchon said:

Will it be able to fold up on the carrier deck?

Of course it will!

I have decided to make a folded version of it seperated in the Static Objects / Structures Tab to have the ability to put the folded and unfolded Sea King on the Carrier deck or on the Airfield.

null

image.png

image.png

image.png

7 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

Looking nice.

Folding blades and tail are essential for carrier ops, these larger helo's take up too much space otherwise.

Would be nice to have a Royal Navy HC4 Commando Version as well.

RN.jpg

I actually plan to make the Sikorsky SH-3G, and a Westland Sea King version, maybe the HC4 as well...

• Like 12

I believe Hawkeye62 and a few others have been trying to get airdrop torpedo's to work for quite some time, without success. I dont know how far along they are with that problem but you could ask him, he's a very helpful guy who is more than happy to share knowledge. 

I played around with it for a while with the Merlin Mod I did with Admiral, using the Mk46, but it jut drops them like a bomb and I decided to wait and see if anyone else could crack the problem. 

Really pleased to see the folded version, we did our Merlin the same way, as a static. 

• Like 2

On 9/24/2022 at 2:55 AM, crazyeddie said:

I believe Hawkeye62 and a few others have been trying to get airdrop torpedo's to work for quite some time, without success. I dont know how far along they are with that problem but you could ask him, he's a very helpful guy who is more than happy to share knowledge. 

I played around with it for a while with the Merlin Mod I did with Admiral, using the Mk46, but it jut drops them like a bomb and I decided to wait and see if anyone else could crack the problem. 

Really pleased to see the folded version, we did our Merlin the same way, as a static. 

Air launched torpedo is working with prccowboy's P8 mod last time I checked. It doesn't explode on impact and also travels up to the target.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Arrow11 said:

Air launched torpedo is working with prccowboy's P8 mod last time I checked. It doesn't explode on impact and also travels up to the target.

Thanks for that Arrow11, I had not kept myself up to date on that Mod.

Thats the LT5 Torpedo he uses in that Mod and it does explode on contact.   The LT5 isnt a modern aerial drop torpedo but the Mk46 which is now in game is, although it does not have a para retard function as far as I'm aware, will have to give that a try and see what happens.  The Mk 46 is carried by UK Helo's so I will try it with the Merlin after I have had a closer look at his code. 

1 hour ago, Arrow11 said:

I currently use a standard LTF-5B with the P8 (as of the current DCS builds I think it's the only torpedo in game with air_stab_autopilot properties). The only thing I modified was on the P8 side (I did a little "sleight of hand" to make the huge LTF-5B fit into the P8 torpedo bay)

Nevertheless, with the new code for guided torpedoes, it might be possible to create a custom torpedo that combines the properties of an air drop torpedo with a guided torp. I've been wanting to try that to see if I could make a custom MK-54 for use with the P-8 (or just wait for ED to add official MK-54's); just haven't had time to try it yet. I will be watching to see if someone here figures it out.

• Like 3

Looking very cool! 
The Seaking is an iconic rotorcraft! Thanks for creating this AC as AI.

In Germany the Seaking was in service for decades by the German Marineflieger…

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

12 hours ago, Arrow11 said:

Yes.. agree with you that its not a modern torpedo, just temember that seeing somewhere on that thread. But it doesn't explode on contact with water. It impacts water and travels up to the target and hits. See my screenshots from an earlier test.

Screen_220425_163340.png

Screen_220425_163311.png

Screen_220425_163601.png

Sorry Arrow11, I thought you meant it did not explode on contact with the target, my mistake. 

Tried a little experiment with the Mk46 Torpedo on Cowboys P8, just to see what happened. The Mk46 flies all over the place when its dropped and rides on the surface when it does finally fall into the water, and just goes around in circles, It did not head towards the target at any point.

Conclusion - Experiment failed, stick with PRCCowboys LT5 arrangement, that does work. 

I painted up some bombs to look like torpedo's to hang on our Merlin Helo, they would drop and go bang on impact with the water, as you would expect.  Not very realisteic of course.  I tried the LT5 but that never worked, it would not even drop off the pylon, so I tried the Mk54 - same outcome.  That was a good while ago and the code has changed recently so I will try it again and see what happens now. 

There is a huge difference between how aircraft act with torpedo's and how helos act but I could never figure it out.

Blue Merlin armed with 2 x Mk54 Torpedo's - Red Submarine moving on surface - Set for Anti Ship Strike to attack that submarine.  It flew right over the target and carried on to next waypoint - Tried it again with LT5 Torpedo - same outcome. At no point did the Helo adopt an attack profile or deviate from course to next waypoint.

Same scenario armed with FAB-250-M54-TU (which is para retard free fall bomb) - Helo adopted an attack profile and did (eventually) drop the bomb after doing a few passes over the submarine, the bombs always miss the target by about 100+ yards at least.  Same outcome with FAB-250, near misses every time, I have never hit a moving submarine yet.

SO - Mik45 and LT5 dont work hung from a helo, but free fall iron bombs do drop, and miss every time !!  I dont know what the answer is to this problem but at least this confirms the code is not working for helo's. 

1 hour ago, Urbi said:

the Mk-46 and LT5 torpedoes also do not hit a moving target. Which Mk-46 are you using?

This is my line from our Merlin - the Mk46 can be found here - Beta/CoreMods/tech/SouthAtlanticAssets/Shapes/Weapons

{ CLSID = "DIS_mk46torp" , attach_point_position = {-0.0, -0.126, -0.0} },

Dropping the LT5 from PRCCowboys P8 it does track towards and strike a moving ship, but the Mk46 does not work.

Perhaps the MK-46 is a naval version 0nly?

I can test in a sub or PT boat.

Will let you know.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."