New F-14 with incredible accuracy for FSX

Buznee

Wow! They've upgraded their product since FS2004. I'm definitely getting this one.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Looks decent, but I've never been a big fan of the guys making money off of FS addons, I mean 50 bucks for an addon... Come on, that's basically the same price a full game...

All that matters is if people pay it, my friend. ;) If people happily pay for them and are satisfied with them, they're obviously worth it. Though every time I think I'm going to buy FSX so I can get some of the addons, I wonder how fun they'll be if all I can do is fly. I guess some people just enjoy the switchology and idea of flying a fighter jet.

Oh yeah, I'm aware of the VSR Superbug. I actually stopped a couple places on the way home from work one day in hopes of snagging a cheap copy of FS9 so I could give that one a try. Unfortunately, its not on the retail shelves in my area anymore and I didn't feel like picking up a copy online at the time. If I want to get it, I'll have to wait for the FSX version.

I know you can shoot missiles and drop bombs, but still isn't the same.

Remember that David is Australian, so 50 Australian bucks is at today's rate 32 US dollars.

Having known David for a few years, he doesn't do this for the money. He used to make top quality freeware as DBS. Then realized if he had some cash flow, he could:

• make much better aircraft with proper sound systems;
  • professional polygon 3D models;
  • pay people to do top quality repaints;
  • get professional aircraft engineers and pilots to do the dynamics.

The overall product would therefore be of a much higher standard.

Considering you get around 4-6 model variants with around 30-40 repaints for those 32 US Dollars, I'd pay double that if I was that interested in the aircraft.

The PC-9 he has done is absolutely fantastic, with canopy icing, hypoxia and engine dying at realistic torque settings all modeled to high fidelity, a first in FSX. It's essentially as real as it gets for today's limitations.

So far the only payware worth getting for FS that I've seen is the VRS Superhornet. If other addons were at that level then I would consider buying them but so far only the VRS Superhornet is at that level. Nice 3d models and skins just ain't enough to me to justify buying them.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

This F-14 is very joyful to fly.

Some time ago I fly it a lot with mine Vuzix VR920 virtual reality headset, with stereo-effect all this detailed cockpit became fantastically volumetric.

edited: wow! didn't noticed that they upgraded it alot!

Edited by Mnemonic

FORGET FSX!

i say tom clancy's HAWX..

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/screen/82999/Tom-Clancys-HAWX/

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1979/1232144854.jpg

jeez...the F-14D looks gorgeous..

i hope there will be the VX squadrond skin and the VF-103 jolly rogers skin in this...

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Oh ouch, HAWX is not the most appropriate alternative to a simulator...

lol. i know..

i know you know i was being sarcastic...

yes, hawx is an arcadey type thing like ace combat..

but still i give a little something to hawx, just because it even has an F-14D...

kudos to hawx for not only having the georgeous bird, but alibeit in some enhanced graphical allure, plus you get to shoot something down..

thats it.. yes hawx is for the kids..but its cool!

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Got the add-on for FSX,

seems pretty good, now I just need to get REX and I might start playing FSX again :)

Skip REX. Get FEX. Better framerates, better clouds.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

what i can say by watching the videos and the screenshots:

1. It looks way too clean (no wearing or anything)

2. Graphics look bad

3. You can't blow anything up =)

So even tho i love the tomcat (as you can see in my sig) I wouldnt go for FSX and not for this addon/mod.

I still hope ED will release a Tomcat some day.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-14 Tomcat

Rest in Peace

(and hopefully get reborn in DCS!)

(Dream came true about 10 years later, now the Apache please :lol:)