Vaicom fix in the works!

Tshark

Gang, don't delete your Vaicom just yet.  There is a fix that is being worked on in the Discord Vaicom community.  They have got Vaicom working correctly again and are putting together a zipped file and install directions.  It has been tested and everything seems to work.  Should be out in a day or two.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

Woot...  😀

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Yup I was in the discord for a few hours with one of the guys that helped bring it back to life to test things out. Seems like everything besides the custom kneeboard is working so far in the F18 and F16 in SP and MP for me.

• Like 1

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk1971 said:

If I click on the link I've provided, it's an invitation to the Vaicom Discord community. What landing page are you seeing when you click on the link?

It was asking me questions like I was not a member.  So I opened Discord and searched for the community, but could not find it.

Edited by Drac
Add: not

30 minutes ago, Jayhawk1971 said:

Maybe you can try the link Convexrook posted? That should definitely lead you to the Discord community.

Hit the link and signed in...no joy. Very strange.  Anybody else able to get in?

This is why I regret being a lawyer instead of IT programmer 😁

While I was thinking about the intellectual property of Hollywood, someone actually found the solution. Well, as one use to say - lawyers can find a problem on any solution 😜

Great thanks to you guys for making the fix and bringing Vaicom Pro back to life for now. I'll test it today. 

Goliathus 

• Like 1

It's a tempory fix, just patches the lua's and stops Vaicom updating them to the broken ones. you must delete the old luas hence the removal and reinstall of vaicom (you can do it differently but this is a failsafe) DONT RUN DCS. Then launch Voice attack and activate Viacom Pro it will patch DCs with the broken luas, now add the zip file scripts folder to your DCS main directory (NOT SAVED GAMES) and it will work.

If you don't follow the instructions regarding DCS path above the fix will get overwritten. 

We are working on a more longer term fix to avoid the whole routine.

The Community Discord
https://discord.gg/7c22BHNSCS

Edited by PeneCruz
  • Thanks 4

Just a quick post to let people know that Hollywood at least appears to be alive. I know many of us were worried for his health and hoping things were ok.  At least I'm assuming it's the same Hollywood that has now archived Vaicom on GitHub.  If you haven't yet, join the Discord with Pene's link above - I for one am hoping people with better C# and lua skills than I can take Hollywood's great project and develop it further under GPL.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Just a quick post to let people know that Hollywood at least appears to be alive. I know many of us were worried for his health and hoping things were ok.  At least I'm assuming it's the same Hollywood that has now archived Vaicom on GitHub.  If you haven't yet, join the Discord with Pene's link above - I for one am hoping people with better C# and lua skills than I can take Hollywood's great project and develop it further under GPL.

Hi, where is Vaicom on GitHub. I cannot find it.

Ops, sorry. Found it at https://github.com/Hollywood315/VAICOMPRO-GPL

Now it is open source. We can download and even fork it.

I've opened it in Visual Studio and can be edited and recompiled.

Edited by TBarina

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI RTX 4090, 64GB DRAM, 2 x 1TB SSD, Triple Monitor 1920x1080p, Win11-Home

Wow what awesome news to wake up to this morning!! Yay!

• Like 2

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hi, where is Vaicom on GitHub. I cannot find it.
Ops, sorry. Found it at https://github.com/Hollywood315/VAICOMPRO-GPL

Now it is open source. We can download and even fork it.
I've opened it in Visual Studio and can be edited and recompiled.
If you haven't already, head to the Discord and offer your services. We are assembling a team to take it forwards and it would be great to have a single, coordinated effort rather than a series of splinter groups

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

4 minutes ago, Drac said:

Good news!  I will personally hold off for now until more feedback.  I only fly the Hornet and have gotten VA to satisfy my needs.  Looking forward to getting back to Vaicom soon.

Same here - only fly the Hornet mainly but am undergoing learning the Apache off and on. Still on sabbatical due to my spine surgery but see the surgeon for my first follow up tomorrow afternoon - hoping can get clearance to at least flight sim. Been too long already.

Maybe Vaicom will be all sorted out nicely for me then.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

10 hours ago, Convexrook said:

Followed the instructions given and still doesn't work (attached image )
attached the files ** USE AT YOUR OWN RISK **

image.png

VAICOM_Pro_2.8_Fix.zip 48.73 kB · 20 downloads

Rather than use custom path, just check the "manage DCS-side files manually" box. Then shut everything down and redo the patch. the only point of changing the "custom path" was to keep VAICOM from updating the real one. The "manual" checkbox does exactly that.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals