Landing on the Train

CuteQA

I think many people have seen GA's awesome "Fun with Train" DCS:BS trailer:thumbup:, and I decide to try it myself. However; each time i touches down on the train cart, the whole train will stop and results my KA50 crashing into the forward cart. Does anyone know how to do it? :helpsmilie:

I think many people have seen GA's awesome "Fun with Train" DCS:BS trailer:thumbup:, and I decide to try it myself. However; each time i touches down on the train cart, the whole train will stop and results my KA50 crashing into the forward cart. Does anyone know how to do it? :helpsmilie:

I believe Glowing Amraam didn't really land on that train. Word is, he used tons of special effects, blue background screen and stunt pilots doing the whole thing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

Well, he definitely

, you can even see the suspension compressing.

I would bet that in his early version of Black Shark (he mentions he recorded this in 2006) trains didn't stop when you touched them.

Thanks,

Edited by miguez
Added youtube link

It WAS an early version, which was a lot easier to fly, at the time I even had a Red Bull type course I could get through, not any more. The finished product is a whole new (and better) beast to manage.

Geat video though :)

Cheers

Why are you trying to land on a train?

Why not land on the train... sounds fun to me:thumbup: Would be kewl if somone made a mission that read:

Terrorists have hijacked the train an all its passengers....

You'll have as much time as needed to land it or the all its passengers will be executed or your money back:joystick:

lol

sweet...:pilotfly: j/k

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

• ED Team
I believe Glowing Amraam didn't really land on that train. Word is, he used tons of special effects, blue background screen and stunt pilots doing the whole thing.

Oh no, the secret is out :D

Not quite the same at landing on a train, but you can land on ships in the sim. There is a single mission called "Courier" that tasks you with landing on a frigate steaming at around 25 knots with a 9 m/s wind...it was a lot of fun :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever" - Napoleon Bonaparte

"No patch whatsoever. Thats me using an early version of Black Shark, but this is still possible, if you have the skill. :)" -- Glowing Amraam

Prove it. :)

yeah post another one without all the editing.

or the track itself, please.

"No patch whatsoever. Thats me using an early version of Black Shark, but this is still possible, if you have the skill. :)" -- Glowing Amraam

Prove it. :)

Quarrion, can you please tell me from where you "quoted" this from Glowing Amraam?

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

I landed on a train on my first MP-mission (2nd day of flying with RU version). The server didn't like it though and lagged, resulting in a full stop of the train, followed by it jumping forward by 300m.

So, landing was okay, but I got to improve the coordination with the train driver :doh:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

• ED Team
Quarrion, can you please tell me from where you "quoted" this from Glowing Amraam?

I wrote that on the youtube page for the video.

Regarding the "prove it" comment;

Surely i can do it all over, but it seems the trains come to a complete stop if you come in contact with them in Black Shark as it is now. Hopefully, this will change with the upcoming patch, but who knows.

And i can't post a trk file, since i made the movie back in 2006. And yes, the FM was a little easier to handle back then, but i did a test run a few hours ago, and i have no problems doing any of the stuff i did in the video.

If, or when, the "train-stop-bug" is fixed, i will glady make a trk file and post it here :)

Oh and "Aledmb", what "editing"? What you see in the video are simple cuts.

Edited by Glowing_Amraam

Oh and "Aledmb", what "editing"? What you see in

the video are simple cuts.

hi,

i was just kidding you, mate!

i was trying to do it yesterday, but something odd

happened... when i finally matched the speed of the

train, it suddenly changed it's direction on the rails!

has anyone seen this happen?

• ED Team
hi,

i was just kidding you, mate!

i was trying to do it yesterday, but something odd

happened... when i finally matched the speed of the

train, it suddenly changed it's direction on the rails!

has anyone seen this happen?

Ah yes, the trains go back the other way once they reach their "last stop", so to speak :D

• 2 years later...

the cooler thing is to land a hog on that train locomotive :D. gotta admit though, I suck in playing with NPCs...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

In Soviet Russia train lands on you. (I'm ashamed of myself...... I could'nt resist) :)

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]