Skip through tutorials

Fangs

Is there a way to skip through the F-16 tutorials?  I repeat the tutorials but I hate sitting through the long conversations over and over again when I'm clear on the button clicks etc. It's just a matter of continued practice.  Most of the tutorials don't advance until they tell you to hit the space bar. You can hit it as many times as you want before they tell you, and it won't advance.

• Like 1

The in game tutorials are meant to be stepped through slowly. After watching them a couple of times, it might be better to switch over to Youtube tutorials that will let you skip over parts that you don't need to see.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Yes, I make my own missions to practice new things, too, but Fangs has a good point here. There ARE training missions (for some modules) which let you skip a portion of text/voiceovers and these missions, at least some of them, are nice enough to inform/warn you about it up-front: "you can skip if you like, but first time don't skip".

Such missions are more practical, because quite often you learn switch-o-logy, "ideology" (of a given system etc.) fast, but then there's something more difficult you want to practice over and over again. Instead, each time you have to listen through the long introduction, how advanced this aircraft is etc., only to get to the interesting part (for you) 5 minutes later.

On top of that, I imagine that for the creator(s) of such training missions it is equally easy/difficult to prepare the mission in either of the two "styles" ("can/cannot skip" styles), so if that's true... why not do it in a more pracital way?

Edited by scoobie
  • Like 2

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

In my opinion, a training mission is meant as an interactive way of learning the different systems and procedures of the aircraft. A practice mission is a different animal, that assumes that you already know the, say ccip bombing procedure, but lets you practice the delivery giving feedback on how precise you are. Mixing these two types of mission is hard to accomplish and needs compromises like those of needing skipping some sections.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

17 hours ago, Fangs said:

Is there a way to skip through the F-16 tutorials?  I repeat the tutorials but I hate sitting through the long conversations over and over again when I'm clear on the button clicks etc. It's just a matter of continued practice.  Most of the tutorials don't advance until they tell you to hit the space bar. You can hit it as many times as you want before they tell you, and it won't advance.

I use time compression in lieu of being  able to skip.  Speed up to x4 or x8 while the text blurts out then back to real time.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

All you can do is fast forward and press the required keys, until you reach the point you want. That’s one of the limitations of the track system.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 1 month later...

When I was having difficulties with the F-5 bombing tutorials, I got a custom mission (made by someone else, I forget who at the moment) which put me near the target roll-in point. This way, I could bypass all the talk etc of the takeoff and the navigation to the roll-in.