12 hours ago, Baldrick33 said:

Unless you have the power to run at 90fps it will always stutter at anything below in my experience. Some seem able to deal with it better than me but I have to resort to reprojection. So it very much depends on the mission. With a 4080 and a simple free flight on the Caucuses map I can get 90 but add any complexity or even go down low and it drops, even a few frames and it stutters too much for me. Unfortunately I don’t think the hardware exists to run 90fps consistently. 

Not with 4090. Maybe 5090 ;). In the cities areas is impossible to have stable 90. Over London, low flying I have 45-70, something like this. However outside I have stable 90 in MT version.

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 2 months later...

Varjo Aero

I upgraded my G2 headset to Varjo Aero. I kept having issues with the G2 and after talking and talking to some well respected Aero users I decided to make the jump. The difference between G2 and Aero is unbelievable, visual quality and performance-wise. Worth every penny imho.

Am tinkering with a bunch of settings. Thanks @mbucchia for the new QVFR, which is amazing.

https://github.com/mbucchia/Quad-Views-Foveated/wiki

Currently hoping to get OBS-Mirror back online. 

image.png

Edited by Ready

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

OBS

Changed my OBS encoder from AV1 to NVENC HEVC, which looks more stable.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Ready
  • Thanks 1

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• 2 months later...
On 7/23/2023 at 5:41 PM, Ready said:

OBS

Changed my OBS encoder from AV1 to NVENC HEVC, which looks more stable.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I came here from the search after trying to get OBS setup to work with my VR system & DFR/QuadViews using OBS-Mirror, I was finding a lot of performance issues compared to not using OBS. This test is very useful thanks!

Without OBS I get 90fps nearly always, but OBS gives me alot of dips. I've been on x264, so I'll try switching to HEVC.

Would you mind sharing your other settings for OBS-mirror and OBS?

Mine are below, curious if there's anything I can change to reduce the impact on performance:

Video output:
Screenshot 2023-10-10 230249.png

Recording Encoder:

OBS Mirror is set to right-eye only, and I've dragged it so that it cuts a bit off the top and bottom to fit in the 4:3 aspect.

Screenshot 2023-10-10 230332.png

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

On 10/10/2023 at 2:04 PM, TAIPAN_ said:

I came here from the search after trying to get OBS setup to work with my VR system & DFR/QuadViews using OBS-Mirror, I was finding a lot of performance issues compared to not using OBS. This test is very useful thanks!

Without OBS I get 90fps nearly always, but OBS gives me alot of dips. I've been on x264, so I'll try switching to HEVC.

Mine are below, curious if there's anything I can change to reduce the impact on performance:

Video output:
Screenshot 2023-10-10 230249.png

Recording Encoder:

OBS Mirror is set to right-eye only, and I've dragged it so that it cuts a bit off the top and bottom to fit in the 4:3 aspect.

Screenshot 2023-10-10 230332.png

Hi sure! OBS is having quite an impact on the system. It depends a bit on your own hardware setup. In my case the hardware encoder gives me best performance. First try setting the OBS settings to simple and see what it does to your performance.

• Like 1

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• 5 weeks later...

Further improved on my PC's performance by tweaking some things;

1. Switching on DLSS with 2.9 (quality setting). Still tweaking some other DCS settings)
  2.  Adjusted QVFR resolution using multipliers to almost match my Varjo Foveated Rendering resolution (pixel count). 
  3. Turned back on Hyperthreading (called SMT inside my Bios)
  4. Disabled HPET (was already disabled inside Windows, but not inside my bios)
  5. Updated my Chipset drivers
  6. Disabled Psycho Visual Tuning inside OBS encoder settings
  7. Disabled a bunch of bloat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmbsLnp3iIA&t=10s&pp=ygUcMjAyMyB3aW5kb3dzIDEwIG9wdGltaXphdGlvbg%3D%3D
  8. NVCP enabled thread optimalization (was auto) and set MAX FRAME to 1.000 (was off)
  9. NVCP disables MFAA
  10. NVCP disabled FXAA - was off already
  11. NVCP disabled AA transparency = was off already
  12. NVCP disabled Gamma Correction
  13. Undervolted my 5800X3D with -30% on each core with BO2 Tuner https://github.com/PrimeO7/How-to-undervolt-AMD-RYZEN-5800X3D-Guide-with-PBO2-Tuner/blob/main/README.md The service does not work. I created a shortcut and added the settings in the shortcut. 
  14. Cleaned my 'saved games' folder. 
  15. Slow repair, checking files.

image.png

On 10/10/2023 at 2:04 PM, TAIPAN_ said:

Video output:

Recording Encoder:

Here are my settings. Hope they are of any help.

nullnull

image.png

image.png

• Thanks 1

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• 4 weeks later...

Still not upgrading to Windows 11

I heard many fellow DCS pilots upgraded to Windows 11 without any performance loss, so I was about to follow. But after seeing this video I decided to stay on W10 a while longer. Once there are clear advantages to upgrade, I will follow. 

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• Ready changed the title to My DCS VR Performance Optimization | 4090 Aero