NV goggles - blurred instuments

hreich
Go to solution Solved by Oldahpilot,

Although i disabled depth of field completely off, when using NVG in copckpit, instruments are unreadeable, is this normal? Looking outside cockpit everything is clear and sharp..

null

image.png

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

• hreich changed the title to NV goggles - blurred instuments

If you want to read the instruments with NVG you can edit the NVD_HDR.fx file located at your "your installation game\Bazar\shaders\PostEffects" and edit the line 

#define FOCUS_DISTANCE 0.x

changing the x to 0 so you will see the instruments perfect.

I don't play multiplayer, so I don't know if passes IC test.

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

On 12/10/2022 at 7:28 PM, Oldahpilot said:

This is normal. In real life.

You focus the NVG for the outside world and adjust their height on the helmet rail so that you can glance under them to read the instruments.

Obviously this is not possible in the sim

This. Using myself NVG IRL, it's exactly that.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

You focus the NVG for the outside world and adjust their height on the helmet rail so that you can glance under them to read the instruments.

There are mods that allow you to do just that. With some other tweaks reagarding size/shape.

On 12/11/2022 at 1:47 PM, admiki said:

There are mods that allow you to do just that. With some other tweaks reagarding size/shape.

Do you know which ones? Been wondering why the NVG's in VR fill up the entire screen when they should have a gap around the sides and bottom

1 hour ago, Aragorn426 said:

Do you know which ones? Been wondering why the NVG's in VR fill up the entire screen when they should have a gap around the sides and bottom

Or mine, which does a little more than NVG size and will allow you to set the size using a menu while in game :

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

• 1 month later...

I did not manage to find the appropriate setting for using NVG as I would like. Whatever the setting of my cockpit lighting and display (on/off/night/nvg use) and the one of the NVG itself (reducing or increasing the grain) the cokpit is all too blury when using the NVG. It's only usefull to look outside but it means that I always have to switch on/off my NVG depending where I look.

Is it normal or am I missing something that would allow me to use the NVG for looking boh inside and outside the cockpit?

Thanks

9 hours ago, TK-421 said:

I would love if the native DCS system for VR and NVGs allowed you to look under them without the need for mods. They should never take up your entire FOV. 

Yea would be great.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

so there should be a "game compromise", no?

On 12/11/2022 at 2:25 AM, firefox121 said:

If you want to read the instruments with NVG you can edit the NVD_HDR.fx file located at your "your installation game\Bazar\shaders\PostEffects" and edit the line 

#define FOCUS_DISTANCE 0.x

changing the x to 0 so you will see the instruments perfect.

I don't play multiplayer, so I don't know if passes IC test.

I just tested this on hoggit, it passes IC. 

I took the liberty to make a package to use with mod managers and credited you, I hope that's fine. Should be reviewed and published in the next few hrs. 

• Thanks 1

hace 11 horas, SPAS79 dijo:

I just tested this on hoggit, it passes IC. 

I took the liberty to make a package to use with mod managers and credited you, I hope that's fine. Should be reviewed and published in the next few hrs. 

Thanks, glad to help... 

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick