F-15C cockpit overhaul, hotfix, 23.02.2024

cookiemonste

On 3/3/2023 at 8:46 PM, cookiemonste said:

ED's illumination is wrong, the instrumens should look like this

This is not our simulated version. Any other source you base it on?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Thanks for the input guys, thas why I created this thread.

I didn't know about the different backlight colours on the F-15C/A.

Unable to change the colour so green it is. 

Life has kept me busy so no updates as of now. But the version uploaded, is working.

On 3/16/2023 at 2:07 PM, draconus said:

This is not our simulated version. Any other source you base it on?

ED's pit has no backlights at all, thas what im basing it on. It has no floodlights either. 
It's like a diver watch with luminous indices.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Is this project still on the go?  

I'm grateful for any effort that may restore the F-15C cockpit to its former glory. 🙏

With the game engine evolving and the F-15C left behind, it’s the side panels that look the worst to me and kind of spoil the immersiion a little when I see them in the wrong lighting and wrong angle.  

Here’s some official ED pics showing how lovely the cockpit looked back in 2012 when it was first released. 😊

05.jpg

06.jpg

Edited by swartbyron

32 minutes ago, swartbyron said:

Here’s some official ED pics showing how lovely the cockpit looked back in 2012 when it was first released. 

Honestly, I don't see that it has changed all that much:

6KlYMlp.jpg

lnemQxb.jpg

It seems OK to me, particularly as this is a non-clickable Module, you shouldn't need to be looking at your side panels.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Most gauges on the right are finished, the caution pannel included:

I have updated the download link at the beginning of the thread.

The next step will be the artificial horizon.
If you have any requests of what I should do next, post them here.

Bild_2023-09-30_033411127.png

Edited by cookiemonste
  • Like 4

• cookiemonste changed the title to F-15C cockpit overhaul, version 30.09.2023

If you have any requests of what I should do next, post them here.

Anything you can do to improve the washed out look of the side panels and other washed out parts of the cockpit would be most welcome. 🙏

You can see the cockpit used to look with darker and crisper textures in the pic below.👍

06.jpg

20 hours ago, swartbyron said:

Anything you can do to improve the washed out look of the side panels and other washed out parts of the cockpit would be most welcome. 🙏

Not sure if I will touch the side pannels. Redoing them would be a huge undertaking with no real benefit.

The backup attitude indicator has been redone and is now correct:

image (14).png

image (15).png

• Like 3

If someone happens to have good photos of the AOA indicator, please send them my way. ED's is wrong, that's for sure.
Oil pressure gauges have been updated.

If anyone wants to help out, the text on the dash needs to be redone, texture 1 and 2.
The font is "MS 33558,".

Edited by cookiemonste
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@cookiemonste have you ever found what causes the cockpit glow a few seconds after entering it?

image.png

Its like there is another specular layer on top, because even if you make the spec files pink it reduces the effect a bit but it is still there. Does it have something to do with the "-sp" files? the 15 is the only FC3 aircraft that have those files and have this glow.

Also, did you managed to darken the side panel instruments? this is the best I could do and still doesn't feel that much dark.

image.png

EDIT: I found the culprit for the front panel glow (comparing with Coltrogue's textures, because he managed to fix it), it's the f'ing seat (ACES2-01 and 02), the thing shines like gold.

Edited by Skuva

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/27/2023 at 12:36 PM, Skuva said:

Also, did you managed to darken the side panel instruments? this is the best I could do and still doesn't feel that much dark.

I originally wanted to darken the panels but I've had a GIMP crash and lost the HUD quadrant that has been done, I have it as unlayerd PNG from the DDS. Not sure if I want to redo it all over. Maybe another day. I am sorry for the lack of updates, I have been away on digital detox and still are but I can upload the latest version in the mean time.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • cookiemonste changed the title to F-15C cockpit overhaul, hotfix, 23.02.2024
On 2/23/2024 at 2:13 PM, cookiemonste said:

Hotfix for the unexpected texture update, this project is not dead, I just dont have the time.

Great to hear! Even with the latest update it still looks terrible at night, so I'm looking forward to trying this out!

• Like 1

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

Can someone point me to how I enable a modded Cockpit.  I have the following that shows up in the Model Viewer but I can't get it show up in the sim?  It's not working for me like the Sabre did....so I'm a little stumped....

image.png?ex=65f10261&is=65de8d61&hm=4cd

image.png?ex=65f102a3&is=65de8da3&hm=b60

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™