VR Framerate since 2.8 update

Convexrook

It seems there is some polling effect introduced. these are with low settings and the resolution dialed down to 30%. With these settings in 2.7 I would be hitting below 11.1 ms Frametime. This would be with Reprojection ON.

Settings are at High for VR. DCS Frame Polling.png

zprwsp-6.png

I have been getting horrible performance in VR since recent update as well. Used to be able to hold 45 locked fps np now it's all over the place. I figured the new lighting would impact fps a bit but that's only in PG and SA maps. Even on cacuasus it's pretty bad. I thought it was maybe the new AMD GFX drivers for awhile but rolling back to older one's makes no difference. I also upgraded from an i7-9700k to a i7-13900K this weekend and the frametime's on the cpu stayed the same which should certainly not be the case.

2 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

Turn off shadows,for the  moment 

:eek:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

5 hours ago, dureiken said:

and I think for all the time (until vulkan ?) as there's simply no answer from ED, they even push this version in stable, so it seems to not be a problem 😞

Agreed.  I  decided to give up on using VR on DCS until they fix the problem.  In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy great VR  flying in Il2.

If performance *was* good, would whatever is breaking it presently be providing any real benefits to VR or even 2D gameplay? Or is it just a bug?

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

I dared to run a SteamVR game the other day and for some reason the next time I started DCS I was back in SteamVR there too instead of OpenXR. It was HORRIBLE, far worse than Steam VR ever was before I switched. So, I changed back to OpenXR and all was good again.

• Like 1

Just terrain shadows is generally enough although with your 4090 you shouldn't have a significant issue. I can get 50-70fps with my 3080ti, medium cockpit and default terrain shadows.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.