F6F HELLCAT Coming To DCS WORLD - MAIN THREAD - PHOTOS, NEWS, UPDATES, DISCUSSIONS AND MORE!

MLGSwagPilot

Wonder how far along the Hellcat is compared to the Chinook.  It feels to me like we've gotten more info on the Hellcat and yet the Chinook is already up for preorder.  Wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the Enterprise is missing all of its gun turrets...
Pretty sure it's far ahead. Might be waiting for the Enterprise as you say, and the WWII Marianas.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Stackup said:

Wonder how far along the Hellcat is compared to the Chinook.  It feels to me like we've gotten more info on the Hellcat and yet the Chinook is already up for preorder.  Wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the Enterprise is missing all of its gun turrets...

In the time since the Mosquito was released the helicopter departed of ED released the Mi-24, the AH-64, and now CH-47. Not to mention that these are much more complex modules than a warbird.

Edited by Bozon
  • Like 1

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

The Chinnock was shown surprisingly little  before we had pre-order. Same with Afghanistan. 

It might be a new strategy. To avoid hype for 2 years. They show a little and then bam! Might be the same with PTO project. 

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.