CJS Super Hornet Community Mod v2.2 - Official Thread

18 minutes ago, bennyboy9800 said:

Try out the Electronic Attack Jammer script! It's an awesome mission asset. 

I forgot to mention that i use your script too! 

Awesome script indeed! and thank you!

Fagulha aka Fonzie

Edited by fagulha
Signature

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

2 hours ago, bennyboy9800 said:

I can't take credit for this script, it should go to ESA_ Matador!

Sorry! credits to ESA_ Matador for the awesome script!

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2023 at 5:54 PM, bennyboy9800 said:

Update v2.1 is Live! 

This patch updates our mod with the newest ED FA-18C changes, includes a series of bug fixes, as well as a new script that will allow the user to choose between which pylon configuration they would like to use on the FA-18E/F (v1.8 or v2.0 setup).  For more details, refer to the README inside the _Swapscripts folder of our mod. 

Thank you so much for this update!

Just to make sure, if I only want to use the outboard station, then actually I don't need to run the FA18EF_Outboard.cmd before starting DCS, right? This cmd just copies the EF-18E.lua and EF-18F.lua inside the "Outboard_Function" directory and overwrites the original files under the \CoreMods\aircraft\FA-18C\, and by default these 2 .lua files in "\CoreMods\aircraft\FA-18C\"  and  "\CoreMods\aircraft\FA-18C\Outboard_Function" are identical.

5 hours ago, Linbei said:

Thank you so much for this update!

Just to make sure, if I only want to use the outboard station, then actually I don't need to run the FA18EF_Outboard.cmd before starting DCS, right? This cmd just copies the EF-18E.lua and EF-18F.lua inside the "Outboard_Function" directory and overwrites the original files under the \CoreMods\aircraft\FA-18C\, and by default these 2 .lua files in "\CoreMods\aircraft\FA-18C\"  and  "\CoreMods\aircraft\FA-18C\Outboard_Function" are identical.

Correct, the command files are just used to insert the backup files for each configuration. The Outboard pylon configuration is currently the default, so you shouldn't have to touch the files if that's how you want to roll. 

Edited by bennyboy9800
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

5 hours ago, bennyboy9800 said:

Correct, the command files are just used to insert the backup files for each configuration. The Outboard pylon configuration is currently the default, so you shouldn't have to touch the files if that's how you want to roll. 

Thanks a lot. 👍

The station at the right side of the fuselage of the F/A-18E/F is unavailable yet. Is it because the Superbug mod uses the legacy configuration, and its total available numbers of the stations is limited to 10?

CJS Superbug mod 2.1.jpg

29 minutes ago, Linbei said:

The station at the right side of the fuselage of the F/A-18E/F is unavailable yet. Is it because the Superbug mod uses the legacy configuration, and its total available numbers of the stations is limited to 10?

Exactly

• Thanks 1

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

1 hour ago, HoBGoBLiNzx3 said:

If we are updating from the previous version we only need to download the new mod and srs fix correct? There are no changes to the skin pack or tanker?

Correct

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

I have installed the super hornet mod.  The spash sceen at start up shows a super hornet as the theme. Inside cockpit and outside aircraft remain fa-18c.  What am I missing?  Help is appreciated.  Thank you.

Edited by captflyby

47 minutes ago, captflyby said:

I have installed the super hornet mod.  The spash sceen at start up shows a super hornet as the theme. Inside cockpit and outside aircraft remain fa-18c.  What am I missing?  Help is appreciated.  Thank you.

Did you have created a mission with one of the Super Hornet versions (F/A-18E, F/A-18F or EA-18G)?

The Super Hornet mod doesn't replace the Legacy Hornet anymore. So if you load an F/A-18C mission you will get the F/A-18C. If you want the Super Hornet you have to change the aircraft in this mission from F/A-18C to F/A-18E/F or EA-18G in the Mission Editor. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mitch said:

I can't release Bombs on the right Pylon, any Fixes or Tipps ?

DCS 2023-03-14 22-00-10.jpg

Those pylons are just for the ext fuel thanks.

In the latest version you have a script (outboard.cmd file) so you can use the legacy pylons or the Superhornet pylons config. 

• Thanks 1

Hi all - just a quick question as it’s a little unclear after reading. 

Is there a way I can use this mod but only have legacy hornet pylons A. Shown on the model and B. Fully working as per the legacy and not with a non functional cheek or the pylons shifted to one side?

Apart from that what a great piece of work you guys have done for the community. Thank you and great job. 

Crumble

Does this mod do anything above what the F/A-18c does, or is it just a new exterior model?

Planes: A-10C/II - FC3 - F/A-18C - F-16c - F-5 - F-15E - F-4E

Helicopters: UH-1H Huey - KA-50 Black Shark - AH-64D

Maps: Sinai - Normandy 2.0 - Channel - Syria - Persian Gulf - South Atlantic

Extras: Supercarrier - WWII Asset Pack

PC SPECS: CPU, Intel i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz | MOBO, ASUS/Z87-A | MEMORY, HyperX FURY Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 Memory1833Mhz |GRAPHICS CARD, GIGABYTE RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, 1920 Core, 1755Mhz | PSU, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1250W 80Plus | Flight Stick, Logitech X-56 | Rudder Pedals, Logitech G | O/S, Windows 10, 64bit | Hard Drives, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB

On 3/17/2023 at 10:04 PM, HR-Crumble said:

s there a way I can use this mod but only have legacy hornet pylons A. Shown on the model and B. Fully working as per the legacy and not with a non functional cheek or the pylons shifted to one side?

The mode comes with two command line scripts that allows you to switch from the Super Hornet pylon config to the Legacy Hornet pylon config and back (means both fuselage stations are fully functional, both outer wing pylons are not useable but still visible).

33 minutes ago, truebrit said:

Does this mod do anything above what the F/A-18c does, or is it just a new exterior model?

Nope... just an exterior model swap... but a beautiful one, at that! You can use the outboard pylons, but at the cost of the right cheek station... or you can just use the Charlie pylons only.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, truebrit said:

Advantage: with fuel tanks you can carry more loadout.
A/G:
Legacy Hornet: 2x AIM-9M/X, 4x GBU-12/GBU-38, 3x Fuel tanks, 1x ATFLIR, 1x AIM-120B/C
Super Hornet: 2x AIM-9M/X, 6x GBU-12/GBU-38, 3x Fuel tanks, 1x ATFLIR

A/A:
Legacy Hornet: 2x AIM-9M/X, 6x AIM-120B/C, 3x Fuel tanks
Super Hornet: 2x AIM-9M/X, 7x AIM-120B/C, 3x Fuel tanks

Disadvantage: the inner wing pylons of the Super Hornet can carry a lot of weapons but cannot drop/fire them, so, this stations should only be used for fuel tanks, and the right fuselage station isn't functional (therefore the uneven number of AMRAAMs in the example above)

Edited by Ithronwise
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Mitch said:

Hello, i have a problem with the F-18F

I need to use the Helmet witout the HMCS and i have this argument:

custom_args =
{
   [509] = 1.0,
   [999] = 0.5,
}
countries = {"USA"}
name = "*Mitch"

It works in Modelviewer and Mission  editor but not in Game... Why ?

1.jpg

2.jpg

ModelViewer2 2023-03-28 19-35-59.png

You need to use the keybind located in "Motions" to change the helmet argument in-game.

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

3 hours ago, Mitch said:

Hello, i have a problem with the F-18F

I need to use the Helmet witout the HMCS and i have this argument:

custom_args =
{
   [509] = 1.0,
   [999] = 0.5,
}
countries = {"USA"}
name = "*Mitch"

It works in Modelviewer and Mission  editor but not in Game... Why ?

Usually i set my liveries arguments last:

countries = {"USA"}
name = "*Mitch"

custom_args =
{
   [509] = 1.0,
   [999] = 0.5,
}

Could you try like this? i don´t know if it makes a difference but worth a shot.