CJS Super Hornet Community Mod v2.2 - Official Thread

Hi guys,

Having an issue getting this to work. 

I'm Using OVGME

Installation looks like it works fine but when i go to add weapons and external tanks in the editor, it is completely blank.

Can't for the life of me figure this out. Everything is all in place except for this.d7f58b98e957d5422db12a09e58c09a2.jpg

4 hours ago, iAmBogan said:

Hi guys,

Having an issue getting this to work. 

I'm Using OVGME

Installation looks like it works fine but when i go to add weapons and external tanks in the editor, it is completely blank.

Can't for the life of me figure this out. Everything is all in place except for this.d7f58b98e957d5422db12a09e58c09a2.jpg

You can try the following:

1. See if you can load weapons manually.  Right (or left, i forget) clik on one of the boxes below the numbers 1 thru 9.  You should get a drop down menu of weapons.  click on one and it should load.   If that works your download of the module is probably ok.

2. Go to the task selection in the upper right.  In your screen shot it says CAP.  Click on the drop down and select one of the other tasks (Nothing, ground attack,etc).  Then see if any standard packages show up in the area where it currently says empty for weapons.  

3.  If you are sucessful for item 1 and get nothing for item 2 you can make your own loadouts.  Click on New in the bottom left, enter a loadout name when asked, select your loadout configuration for each numbered block, save and it will be shown in the loadout table from then on for you to select. You can make as many as you want. Again, as I am not at my game computer right now I may have missed a step but I do know that when creating a new loadout the program will walk you through it.   Becareful because it may be task specific, so if you don't see it scroll through tasks first.

4. if none of the above works give the crew chief a down gripe and tell him to get it fixed.

5. If anyone knows how to get empty drop tanks please let me know.  It would be appreciated.  

seabat

9 hours ago, seabat said:

You can try the following:

1. See if you can load weapons manually.  Right (or left, i forget) clik on one of the boxes below the numbers 1 thru 9.  You should get a drop down menu of weapons.  click on one and it should load.   If that works your download of the module is probably ok.

2. Go to the task selection in the upper right.  In your screen shot it says CAP.  Click on the drop down and select one of the other tasks (Nothing, ground attack,etc).  Then see if any standard packages show up in the area where it currently says empty for weapons.  

3.  If you are sucessful for item 1 and get nothing for item 2 you can make your own loadouts.  Click on New in the bottom left, enter a loadout name when asked, select your loadout configuration for each numbered block, save and it will be shown in the loadout table from then on for you to select. You can make as many as you want. Again, as I am not at my game computer right now I may have missed a step but I do know that when creating a new loadout the program will walk you through it.   Becareful because it may be task specific, so if you don't see it scroll through tasks first.

4. if none of the above works give the crew chief a down gripe and tell him to get it fixed.

5. If anyone knows how to get empty drop tanks please let me know.  It would be appreciated.  

seabat

In game, I can select weapons on pylons, but i still cannot get any skins loaded. I've ensured they're all loaded in the correct place, and still no go.
This is the same in the editor, I cannot load any skins in the editor no matter which coal ition i pick. the skins still show empty. I also cannot load any weapons in the editor, every pylon has no right click functionality. it seems the LUA script for weapons is empty when i look at it (0kb), not sure why? It also doesnt let me save any loadouts, no matter what i put on which pylon.5d47ebb250f4d9e884b02a8f47649306.jpg9632f0d3847efe694069aae02c055d4b.png5d47ebb250f4d9e884b02a8f47649306.jpg

10 hours ago, iAmBogan said:

In game, I can select weapons on pylons, but i still cannot get any skins loaded. I've ensured they're all loaded in the correct place, and still no go.
This is the same in the editor, I cannot load any skins in the editor no matter which coal ition i pick. the skins still show empty. I also cannot load any weapons in the editor, every pylon has no right click functionality. it seems the LUA script for weapons is empty when i look at it (0kb), not sure why? It also doesnt let me save any loadouts, no matter what i put on which pylon.

You have to create your own loadouts. The "Empty" loadout is, as the name says, always empty. 

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

12 hours ago, iAmBogan said:

This is the same in the editor, I cannot load any skins in the editor no matter which coal ition i pick. the skins still show empty. I also cannot load any weapons in the editor, every pylon has no right click functionality. it seems the LUA script for weapons is empty when i look at it (0kb), not sure why? It also doesnt let me save any loadouts, no matter what i put on which pylon.5d47ebb250f4d9e884b02a8f47649306.jpg9632f0d3847efe694069aae02c055d4b.png5d47ebb250f4d9e884b02a8f47649306.jpg

This is not a bug, this is user error. You need to create a second loadout in the editor in order to add weapons to it. This is the way every single module in DCS functions.

Capture.PNG

We will likely add default loadouts in a future update, but they would be different depending on which pylon set-up you select for the E/F. 

Edited by bennyboy9800
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

On 11/14/2023 at 2:14 AM, =Andre= said:

Hi guys,

Using OVGME installation method can't get this mod working with DCS 2.6.8 Stable version.

After installing the mod any F-18 input stops working. Could anyone help me wih this?

I'm on OB 2.9 and having the same issue, it seems to have happened after upgrading to 2.2.3 via OVGME.

My controls list for F/A-18C are completely blank (other than three entries) with the mod enabled. 

If I disable the mod via OVGME, the controls list returns. 

Hornet_controls_issue.png

Edited by fullcoupe

i7 9700k @ 4.9 GHz | Asus Z390-A | EVGA 1080Ti SC2 | Oculus Rift + Touch | TM HOTAS Warthog

10 hours ago, fullcoupe said:

I'm on OB 2.9 and having the same issue, it seems to have happened after upgrading to 2.2.3 via OVGME.

My controls list for F/A-18C are completely blank (other than three entries) with the mod enabled. 

If I disable the mod via OVGME, the controls list returns. 

Hornet_controls_issue.png

My issue with DCS Stable version 2.8 looked different. I even couldn't open the control settings page.
With OB 2.9 the mod seems to work fine.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

13 hours ago, =Andre= said:

My issue with DCS Stable version 2.8 looked different. I even couldn't open the control settings page.
With OB 2.9 the mod seems to work fine.

Fixed after update to OB 2.9.1.48 (which I assume cleared/reset a bunch of files to defaults). Disabled/enabled mods in OVGME and controls are back. 

• Like 1

i7 9700k @ 4.9 GHz | Asus Z390-A | EVGA 1080Ti SC2 | Oculus Rift + Touch | TM HOTAS Warthog

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Harrington said:

I can't use a Super Hornet as a tanker. can someone help?

Did you install the CJS Superbug AI Tanker mod? That's the only way to use a Super Hornet as (AI) Tanker in DCS.

Edited by Ithronwise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

I know everyone's DCS experiences vary widely, but FWIW I simply used OvGME to install this and gave it a quick run. I see what everyone means about the fuselage hardpoint, but it's not a huge deal for a free mod IMO. I haven't had any issues whatsoever so far. I am going to install the liveries next. My assessment after 15 minutes in the air, so far is "nice job" and thanks for all the hard work putting this together!

FYI DCS Crashes when Super Bug crashes on carrier

No biggie just wanted to let you know

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

2 hours ago, ruddy122 said:

FYI DCS Crashes when Super Bug crashes on carrier

No biggie just wanted to let you know

Quick test: Ramp strike with a Growler. Couldn't reproduce. Could you describe the exact situation in which this happened?

Edited by Ithronwise

Hi CJS, after todays DCS Open Beta update(19-12-23), on launching from the carrier the Superbug mod loses all control functions, it seems to be triggered by the "salute" as far as I can see as when taking off from land base this doesn't happen and all is fine, only when launched from carrier(SuperCarrier Module) I lose pitch, roll, thrust but strangely not yaw. Love this MOD it's truly excellent but could you please look into this, thanks.

Edit and addendum: I've tested legacy Hornet and this issue does not happen, it's definitely linked to the "salute" command and the control surfaces freeze up, as in pitch, roll and thrust but they don't return after SuperHornet leaves the cat. I've tried with and without any other mods but it still persists.

Edited by Rob Mason

19 hours ago, Rob Mason said:

Hi CJS, after todays DCS Open Beta update(19-12-23), on launching from the carrier the Superbug mod loses all control functions, it seems to be triggered by the "salute" as far as I can see as when taking off from land base this doesn't happen and all is fine, only when launched from carrier(SuperCarrier Module) I lose pitch, roll, thrust but strangely not yaw. Love this MOD it's truly excellent but could you please look into this, thanks.

Edit and addendum: I've tested legacy Hornet and this issue does not happen, it's definitely linked to the "salute" command and the control surfaces freeze up, as in pitch, roll and thrust but they don't return after SuperHornet leaves the cat. I've tried with and without any other mods but it still persists.

This has been fixed. 

• Like 1

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, charles1030 said:

I just tried to launch the Hornet F from the carrier and still being affected by the "salute glitch". Fresh DCS install and newest mod file.

Absolutely amazing mod!!!

We have fixed it internally. We had to redo the model animations. Just compiling a few other things for the next release. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Love this mod.

Been trying the mission editor with the F/A-18E vs SU-30SM at merge distance with similar loadout (10 Fox 3 and 2 Fox 2) and so far under AI control the Super Hornet is 4 wins 0 loses. Maybe it helps they are both set to veteran and the Hornet is using the Topgun Maverick Skin 😆 

Was not till I extended the range to nearly the edge of the Aim 9 envelope that the SU-30SM finally won 1 match but lost 9.

Edited by Sorata

On 1/2/2024 at 8:57 PM, Sorata said:

Love this mod.

Been trying the mission editor with the F/A-18E vs SU-30SM at merge distance with similar loadout (10 Fox 3 and 2 Fox 2) and so far under AI control the Super Hornet is 4 wins 0 loses. Maybe it helps they are both set to veteran and the Hornet is using the Topgun Maverick Skin 😆 

Was not till I extended the range to nearly the edge of the Aim 9 envelope that the SU-30SM finally won 1 match but lost 9.

Great to hear you enjoy the mod! The Su-30SM is a quite capable platform, with some quite capable weapon systems. The match between Su-30SM/Su-35 and FA-18E/F is much closer than it is with older soviet platforms. 

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD