Weapons Release Safety Cover

VampireNZ

Weapons can be released regardless of the state of the Weapons Release Button Safety Cover on the cyclic. So with the safety cover in the closed position, somehow the button can still be pressed and weapons fired.

1.jpg

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

They way it works in the Hip is different, and my desire is to repeat that for the Hind.

You can bind the weapon safety, and it functions with the associated animation. Upon lifting the safety (either with the bind, key combo, or mouse click) the weapon release button is revealed, and activating the weapon release button will animate it and fire weapons. If the weapon system isn't correctly configured, the button animation still works, but no weapons fire.

If you don't want to use the safety cover, you can leave it closed and unbound. With the weapons system ready to fire (everything except the cover), pressing the weapon release button (which is hidden and protected by the cover) an animation shows the safety cover lift, the button pressed, and the weapons will fire. Upon releasing the weapon release command, but button pops out, and the safety cover automatically closes. If the weapon system is otherwise not correctly configured, pressing the weapon release has no effect whatsoever.

Edited by randomTOTEN

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Yes, indeed. Now, the cover will be lifted automatically when opening fire.

The special option has not been added yet.

The Hind now appears to be double launching R60's far more frequently just to let you know. I believe the listed fix was related to this.

I'd only seen it happen once or twice before, now seems to be happening all the time.

• 2 weeks later...