New VSN F-4B/C

1 hour ago, G.J.S said:

Noticed skins in the video upon release that aren't in the pack, like the RN. Are they to come later? 

They are available now on the developers Discord, for example I have these on my F-4B

3jpS8z4.jpg

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

They are available now on the developers Discord, for example I have these on my F-4B

3jpS8z4.jpg

Gracias Eduardo. 

• Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Hello.

I downloaded your skin pack (thank you very much for the superb work) but I'm having issues with some of the liveries.

All the liveries marked with an asterisk (i understand those are the No-Formation lights versions) are rendered with strange square metal patchworks.

I  would like to know if I'm doing somenthing wrong or if nullthere is something I'm missing.

image.jpeg

Screen_230203_224624.jpg

Screen_230203_224659.jpg

1 hour ago, NoGoodNews said:

would like to know if I'm doing somenthing wrong or if nullthere is something I'm missing.

Those squares means "missing texture" ... maybe you have renamed the skin folders?  To save space some skin makers release packs of liveries, where they share some common textures between them ... if you rename the folders then the liveries can't find the shared textures.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

I have an issue with this mod, I am unable to fire guns, , in the quickstart mission in marianas, choose the plane above the last one (appears in the air) and when choosing guns to fire and press trigger, program exits with a directx error.

Installed the last release and the flight model patch

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

1 hour ago, firefox121 said:

I have an issue with this mod, I am unable to fire guns, , in the quickstart mission in marianas, choose the plane above the last one (appears in the air) and when choosing guns to fire and press trigger, program exits with a directx error.

Installed the last release and the flight model patch

early phantoms didn't have gun.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hace 1 minuto, UN9249 dijo:

early phantoms didn't have gun.

I know, but it has a gunpod attached to the central rail..

• Like 1

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

Help me out here guys, I have only just got around to this VSN Mod and I am looking to do a few more liveries:

I can see the skins are in dds format but none of the software that I use can open them, well that's not quite true, they do open but all I can see is a single layer of what seems to be panel lines, there are no other textures or any indications of other layers present.

I have tried everything - DXT, Gimp, PaintNet - nothing is working.

What's the magic software needed for this Mod, its beaten me. ?

59 minutes ago, crazyeddie said:

What's the magic software needed for this Mod, its beaten me. ?

I really have no idea about this subject, maybe you could ask this on the developer's Discord? https://discord.gg/g7yMmKYs

Perhaps I didnt explain it all that well. The skins are in dds format, and they are large size skins so should be showing all the detail when you open them. BUT, when I open them in any of the software systems I have that normally open dds format files all I see is one single layer of what appears to be panel lines. 

I have tried DXT - the file wont open, Paintnet - all that shows is that single layer, PhotoImpact - they wont open, Gimp - they wont open. 

They appear to be normal dds files so its got me stumped, one of the above systems has always worked in the past.

Last resort will be the Discord, I avoid that site as much as I can, its like trying to find a needle in a haystack on there, VERY disorganised and downright weird in places. 

3 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

Perhaps I didnt explain it all that well. The skins are in dds format, and they are large size skins so should be showing all the detail when you open them. BUT, when I open them in any of the software systems I have that normally open dds format files all I see is one single layer of what appears to be panel lines. 

I have tried DXT - the file wont open, Paintnet - all that shows is that single layer, PhotoImpact - they wont open, Gimp - they wont open. 

They appear to be normal dds files so its got me stumped, one of the above systems has always worked in the past.

Last resort will be the Discord, I avoid that site as much as I can, its like trying to find a needle in a haystack on there, VERY disorganised and downright weird in places. 

Eddie,

I had the same thing happen to me when I first tried to open the .dds files.   Not sure what the problem is with either the files or the programs (I used the same ones you did).

While looking through the other files I found the .psd templates and I am sure you will be happier using those for doing your skins.   All the layers are separated and will save you some effort on recreating them.  

The bad news is I am at work and do not have access to the zip file I got them from.  They are either in the updated F-4B files from VSN or in Urbi's additional livery files.   Should be a link somewhere in the posts above to both.

seabat

PS:  Just remembered there is also the VSN flyable aircraft mod topic.   May want to look in that for the templates.

Edited by seabat
Additional Info

A ver si podeis ayudar en èsto , he creado una misiòn con despegue desde el carrier , y curiosamente no se activa el " Gancho de catapulta " , que lo tengo configurado en uno de los pulsadores en la palanca de gases 

Que puede estar ocurriendo ..?

O es un bug del aparato ..?

Gracias

Edited by GUINCHO

Seabat and Urbi -  Many thanks guys, I had downloaded the psd files but had not tried them out thoroughly using PaintNet.  I have done that now and worked out how to make best use of them, so I'm well on my way to a working solution.  I can now isolate the bits of skin I want and convert that to bmp which is my preferred working format, then convert them back to dds for the game. 

This is the first time I have ever been stumped by a texture format ... this Mod is quite unusual in that respect.  Thanks for your replies, they prompted me to look at the problem from a slightly different angle and a solution was found. 

I like a challenge ... it beats struggling to put my socks on first thing in the morning which is my normal daily challenge !!!!!  😀

• Like 1

En 6/2/2023 a las 13:42, GUINCHO dijo:

A ver si podeis ayudar en èsto , he creado una misiòn con despegue desde el carrier , y curiosamente no se activa el " Gancho de catapulta " , que lo tengo configurado en uno de los pulsadores en la palanca de gases 

Que puede estar ocurriendo ..?

Gracias

Que opinan de èsto ...

2 hours ago, paulferris said:

The links to the developer's Discord are coming up as 'invalid' for me.

Try this one: https://discord.gg/fH6U9aPN

once on the server, look for the channel #f4b-patches

On 2/6/2023 at 9:42 AM, GUINCHO said:

It's not likely to be a bug, as it works for many other users, myself included .. check your Hotas bindings, and try also a keyboard binding instead of a hotas button (just to make sure it works)

Beautiful skins, are they fictional or historical? .. please share them if you can 🙏

hace 22 horas, Rudel_chw dijo:

Beautiful skins, are they fictional or historical? .. please share them if you can 🙏

The first one is historical 100% and the others 2 are the skins in the RF-4C IRL.

The F-4C was in the Torrrejón de Ardoz AB in the "Ala 12" (Wing 12) in 2 fighters squadrons, 121 and 122 until their replacement by F/A-18. A third squadron, the 123, was specialized in Recon with the RF-4C (With a refueling probe attached) until their retirement in 2002. 

When I finish fixing and adding some details and "dirty" them a bit, I'll upload them.

avc_00229184.jpg

Aircraft Photo of CR12-58 | McDonnell RF-4C Phantom II | Spain - Air Force | AirHistory.net #121210

syhart-decal-48-018-rf4c-phantom-spanish

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2