After updating 2.8.2.35632, Pimax crashed after starting through openXR

zhaohaob88
Go to solution Solved by falcon_120,

Before the update, the game can still run correctly by replacing the "openvr_api. dll" file. Now, no matter whether the dll file is replaced or not, as long as it is started through XR, the game will crash!!

Steamvr can run correctly, but the effect of Steamvr is too bad!!

My PimaxXR version is 0.3.0

My OpenXR Toolkit Companion app version is 1.2.3

I dont use the motion reprojection!!!!!

I have tried the solution of this post, but the game still crashes(

Help me!!!!!!thanks!!

This is the crash video of the game

Same here. 9 out of 10 times the game freezes either right after start or when loading a map. I managed to join a server twice today and play a bit but most of the time it crashes. Happens with both vanilla openvr_api.dll and the one from Files · openxr · Campbell Suter (ZNix) / OpenComposite · GitLab.

• Like 1

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

Same it’s hit or miss, sometimes not responding which causes me to kill process DCS. 

11 hours ago, zhaohaob88 said:

Before the update, the game can still run correctly by replacing the "openvr_api. dll" file. Now, no matter whether the dll file is replaced or not, as long as it is started through XR, the game will crash!!

Steamvr can run correctly, but the effect of Steamvr is too bad!!

My PimaxXR version is 0.3.0

My OpenXR Toolkit Companion app version is 1.2.3

I dont use the motion reprojection!!!!!

I have tried the solution of this post, but the game still crashes(

Help me!!!!!!thanks!!

This is the crash video of the game

In the openxr tool I uncheck the games 

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

FOR PIMAX USERS ONLY!!

After fiddling around for hours I´ve found the problem. At least for Pimax 8kx (guess all Pimax):

Download the latest PimaxXR software and it will run again. Link below:

https://github.com/mbucchia/Pimax-OpenXR/releases/download/0.3.0/PimaxXR-0.3.0.msi

I´m having also a little performance boost after this update...

Edited by das Rindvieh

37 minutes ago, das Rindvieh said:

仅限 PIMAX 用户!!

摆弄了几个小时后,我发现了问题所在。至少对于 Pimax 8kx(猜猜所有 Pimax):

下载最新的 PimaxXR 软件,它会再次运行。下方链接:

https://github.com/mbucchia/Pimax-OpenXR/releases/download/0.3.0/PimaxXR-0.3.0.msi

这次更新后我的性能也有了一点提升......

My PimaxXR software version is already 0.3.0, Please watch my video

The game still crashes

Most, if not all, VR users are affected. Not just Pimax owners. I have Reverb G2 and the game constantly crashes a few seconds after it loads to the menu. I tried with a fresh DCS folder in "Saved Games" (so no mods or any other custom files) and it still crashes.

I also tried a few different openvr_api.dll I found in backup folders but the result is the same.

edit: Try starting the game with DCS.exe --force_steam_VR. I have custom openvr_api.dll so the game still starts in openxr but it does not crash anymore! I only did 5 tests but it seems to be a working solution. After these tests I started DCS without --force_steam_VR and had a instant crash in the menu.

Edited by Marklar

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

59 minutes ago, Marklar said:

大多数(如果不是全部)VR 用户都会受到影响。不仅仅是 Pimax 所有者。我有 Reverb G2,游戏在加载到菜单几秒钟后不断崩溃。我尝试在“保存的游戏”中使用一个新的 DCS 文件夹(因此没有模组或任何其他自定义文件),但它仍然崩溃。

我还尝试了在备份文件夹中找到的几个不同的 openvr_api.dll,但结果是一样的。

编辑:尝试使用 DCS.exe --force_steam_VR 启动游戏。 我有自定义的 openvr_api.dll,所以游戏仍然在 openxr 中启动,但它不再崩溃了!我只做了 5 次测试,但它似乎是一个可行的解决方案。在这些测试之后,我在没有--force_steam_VR 的情况下启动了 DCS, 并在菜单中立即崩溃。

thanks Let me try

5 hours ago, das Rindvieh said:

FOR PIMAX USERS ONLY!!

After fiddling around for hours I´ve found the problem. At least for Pimax 8kx (guess all Pimax):

Thx, will try it...

On 1/26/2023 at 10:56 PM, das Rindvieh said:

FOR PIMAX USERS ONLY!!

Have they implemented the pimax tool for this new version of there’s?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 11 months later...

My DCS is crashing when launching in OpenXR with opencomposite. PimaxXR and Quadviews Companion as well as with OpenXR toolkit. DCS opens just fine and as soon as I start the loadout window, crash with no error or nothing, back to desktop. 🤷🏼‍♂️. I just reinstalled Windows as I was getting BSOD, windows corrupted files.