Force Feedback Implementation

Phantom_Mark

I just wanted to give a little kudos where it is due, the FFB implementation on the F14 is among the best and most enjoyable in the whole simulator - I own most of the content in this platform to compare.

Can I ask a technical question please ?? How hard was it to implement the FFB elements ? was it fairly easy ? is it a case that other content has poor or zero FFB for lack of understanding or excessive difficulty ?

I hope we continue to enjoy properly implemented FFB on other modules as we move forward, thanks again.

• Like 2

It is indeed outstanding and very enjoyable. I hope more affordable and convenient options for FFB joysticks come to market so more people can appreciate just how great this is.

I'll add that the WW2 aircraft and the L39 are also excellent with FFB.

• Like 2

On 1/27/2023 at 3:47 AM, Phantom_Mark said:

I hope we continue to enjoy properly implemented FFB on other modules as we move forward, thanks again.

Afaik all props go to @fat creason :thumbup:

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

7 hours ago, Lt_Jaeger said:

My Rhino should be soon on its way to me. I can't wait to use him on my almost exclusive ride. 

yep, on the list to join that joy as well, just praying we can get some more developers all into setting up these aircraft with the cool fx, if we could understand what holds them back maybe we can help to grease the wheels make that less painful ???

Maybe asking ED for some FFB UI Menu options to add FB into aircraft that don't have it natively or something is an option ?

8 hours ago, Shadok said:

I don't know what is your ffb stick, but with microsoft ffb2 I still have issues when engaging ACLS.

Honestly, and slightly ashamed, never done one lol.....

7 hours ago, AH_Solid_Snake said:

Wave goodbye to most of the AP modes, but the trim and feel is amazing.

One of my favourite fx is the bump of the wheels on the expansion gaps of the concrete as you taxi on paved surfaces, and the slight buffet you feel as you wind in the AoA, really helps you feel the edge of the envelope better IMO.

Edited by Phantom_Mark

On 1/29/2023 at 5:34 PM, AH_Solid_Snake said:

Wave goodbye to most of the AP modes, but the trim and feel is amazing.

Just did a short ride, but attitude and altitude hold worked great. Did not checked ACLS yet, since I basically don't use it, but I will for sure. 

Trim is great, and a gym subscription is not of any use any more..... At least for the right arm. 

That said, I just used the rhino for 1-2 hours now and be already in love. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Is there any way to adjust how FFB pushes the stick forward when you enter the cockpit?  The way my simpit is setup, this puts the stick way too far forward to use comfortable.  I understand it's meant to simulate the actual pitch throw, but I'd like to be able to put the stick where it's actually useable.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1