Welcome to the Core Game Wish List Section

NineLine

• 3 weeks later...

by the way,  given that an Asset pack has been developed for the WW2 Pacific theatre  , does ED contemplate  a  naval Cold War  lets say till 90s  period ?

• Like 1

@NineLine  Hello developers, happy new year everyone, I wanted to ask without pretensions if we could increase the details of the ships present in DCS? Example: Grisha corvette, Rezky and Neustrashimy frigate, and improving the smoke of missiles in general, especially the smoke of missiles launched from ships as I had already mentioned in a message some time ago, would be much more beautiful and realistic given the the already exceptional quality of the game's graphics, it would be a shame not to make these improvements in my humble opinion, thank you and sorry, good work.😌

Edited by Ironghost

• 1 month later...

As an VR player i would like to see a binding possibility of the comms menu or at least few functions of it.

When i fly a CSAR and want to collect an pilot in a hover so its stressful coz i need to get my hand off the joy and fumble around with the mouse in this sub menus.... this ended already in an unnecessary crash.

CSAR -> Start embarking / disembark as an bind would be great!

I have all my necessary heli functions on my hotas.

Or an common rose would help (like Jester or similar).

Something that we can those function reach quick and easy

Edited by Fear-Factor

1 hour ago, Fear-Factor said:

As an VR player i would like to see a binding possibility of the comms menu or at least few functions of it.

You can now assign buttons to control the comms menu. Look at the Command Menu category I think it’s called. You can also double assign buttons here that are mapped to something else. 

• Like 1

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

vor 19 Stunden schrieb SharpeXB:

You can now assign buttons to control the comms menu. Look at the Command Menu category I think it’s called. You can also double assign buttons here that are mapped to something else. 

You are right. Somehow ive overseen that hardly. 🙂 Ok, now its much comfortable and no problems during flight. Thanks for that hint!

21 hours ago, Fear-Factor said:

ED is completely overhauling the comms menu UI: they have stated in the past they want to move away from the current Function Key/Mouse clicking.

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the Imperial War Museum at Duxford for the first time yesterday.  Absolutely stunning.  One thing I was amazed by was just how massive some these aircraft are.  The F-4 Phantom II for example, is intimidatingly big in person.  That sense of scale just isn't there with DCS.  I wonder what could be done to improve that.  Lighting , shadows and camera angles must be a huge factor.  The level of detail in the DCS models is better than it has ever been (Heatblur's upcoming Phantom II for example), but they still somehow don't manage to convey scale.  My wish is that this is somehow improved.  No easy feat I grant you.

Edited by JupiterJoe
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JupiterJoe said:

camera angles must be a huge factor. 

This. It should be obvious too that you’re looking at a small computer screen and not real life. If you want to see a “real sized” aircraft perhaps try VR. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

8 minutes ago, SharpeXB said:

This. It should be obvious too that you’re looking at a small computer screen and not real life. If you want to see a “real sized” aircraft perhaps try VR. 

Okay, last time I checked VR resolution wasn't good enough to read the dials.  Has that now changed?  Does it require £6000 worth of gear to make it happen?  Does VR give you a much better sense of scale?

Edited by JupiterJoe

12 minutes ago, JupiterJoe said:

Okay, last time I checked VR resolution wasn't good enough to read the dials.  Has that now changed?  Does it require £6000 worth of gear to make it happen?  Does VR give you a much better sense of scale?

VR by definition will give you a lifelike sense of scale. That section of the forum can better answer those other questions. 

Edited by SharpeXB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JupiterJoe said:

That sense of scale just isn't there with DCS. 

It's there, in VR. If you want bigger scale on a flat screen you'd have to project it on a wall sized screen.

• Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

2 hours ago, JupiterJoe said:

A quest 3 cost under £500. And will let you see dials. You can go to the £1300 with a Pimax Crystal that is even better. But Q3 is more than good enough.

The rest of the cost(PC) is harder to give a definite answer too. But won't be £6000

• Thanks 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

7 hours ago, JupiterJoe said:

I was at the Imperial War Museum at Duxford for the first time yesterday.  Absolutely stunning.  One thing I was amazed by was just how massive some these aircraft are.  The F-4 Phantom II for example, is intimidatingly big in person

I've always thought the phantom looks smaller in real life than I had imagined. The plane that looks much bigger for me than I had realised is the F15. It's massive for a single seat fighter. It looks bigger than the F4. Not to mention the A10. And if course the B52 only fits into the hanger by about an inch! And all the other planes are slotted around it! 

• Like 1

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

7 hours ago, JupiterJoe said:

The level of detail in the DCS models is better than it has ever been (Heatblur's upcoming Phantom II for example), but they still somehow don't manage to convey scale.

I find it tricky in VR to get the cockpit immersion right. I need to tweak the IPD between modules. The spitfire is about right (I've sat in a mark 1 at Duxford which is a bargain £50 experience) but the P-51 feels too big (has anyone sat in one for reference?). I've also sat in a Jaguar (which is obviously not a DCS module) and got very close to sitting in a Viggen. These cockpits are much more cramped than you might imagine. I would love to sit in a phantom cockpit and all the others if course! 

• Like 1

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

CW 'Mover' Lemoine did a review of the Pimax with DCS just 3 weeks ago and even with a 4090 GFX card was only barely getting 40 - 50fps.  In a busy campaign like Debden Eagles most systems would slow to a crawl.  My moderate rig slows right down just doing 4k.

Edited by JupiterJoe

6 minutes ago, JupiterJoe said:

CW 'Mover' Lemoine did a review of the Primax with DCS just 3 weeks ago and even with a 4090 GFX card was only barely getting 40 - 50fps.  In a busy campaign like Debden Eagles most systems would slow to a crawl.  My moderate rig slows down right down just doing 4k.

VR definitely necessitates running lower settings than 2D. It’s about 3x as demanding as running the game on a monitor. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, JupiterJoe said:

CW 'Mover' Lemoine did a review of the Primax with DCS just 3 weeks ago and even with a 4090 GFX card was only barely getting 40 - 50fps.  In a busy campaign like Debden Eagles most systems would slow to a crawl.  My moderate rig slows right down just doing 4k.

Pimax require less of the PC than say Q3. Because of the Eye-tracking, foveated/quadview etc. DCS has also been optimised a lot since just one VR generation ago.

I can now attack a 96 plane B17 formation with 40 Kraut aircraft attacking in VR with high settings and it runs fine.

In flat screen 1440P( my monitor has far lower resolution than my Pimax Crystal) with all graphics settings on max. I get 72fps stable with 288 bombers and 40 Kraut aircraft. Hasn't tested it in VR as several of the bombers bounced up and down and blew up when they hit each other. So still working out the kinks before I fly in VR, not that I expect it to run well. Just curious.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

3 hours ago, Qcumber said:

I find it tricky in VR to get the cockpit immersion right. I need to tweak the IPD between modules. The spitfire is about right (I've sat in a mark 1 at Duxford which is a bargain £50 experience) but the P-51 feels too big (has anyone sat in one for reference?). I've also sat in a Jaguar (which is obviously not a DCS module) and got very close to sitting in a Viggen. These cockpits are much more cramped than you might imagine. I would love to sit in a phantom cockpit and all the others if course! 

The F18 is more cramped than I thought you take a look at movers vids his arms touch the sides of the pit nearly me thinks the f18 feels nice and tight when I use my own body as a reverence kind of claustrophobic at 30 thousand feet and sun beaming in side a feeling of being a loan but safe In VR.

Edited by freehand

27 minutes ago, JupiterJoe said:

What about 3D tv's?  Is that possible with DCS?

I think Nvidia gave up 3D Vision support. Nobody makes 3D TVs anymore either, production of those stopped in 2016

Edited by SharpeXB

• 1 month later...

On 5/5/2023 at 4:37 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Was updated for DCS 2.5, I'd rather prefer the map resources to be devoted to the Kola Map, as Caucasus has been used for far too long.

yes another early access lowpoly map

wish list

update 3d engine

lights, shadows lol and why not add ambiant occlusion 

image_2024-04-17_194519967.png

update clouds

pancakecloud.png

On 5/5/2023 at 10:37 AM, Rudel_chw said:

Was updated for DCS 2.5, I'd rather prefer the map resources to be devoted to the Kola Map, as Caucasus has been used for far too long.

Is Kola going to have any of Kaliningrad?  I'd like the Caucuses to include Ukraine and Crimea.

On 4/20/2024 at 4:53 PM, CRUD said:

Is Kola going to have any of Kaliningrad?

Seriously?

image.png

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/308923-dcs-kola-map-introduction-from-2022-07-29/

On 4/20/2024 at 4:53 PM, CRUD said:

I'd like the Caucuses to include Ukraine and Crimea.

ED says - not planned.

https://forum.dcs.world/forum/1002-wish-list/

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria