Welcome to the Core Game Wish List Section

NineLine

• ED Team

Welcome to the Wish List section for the core game, this is for all those things you would love to see added to DCS World. This is a safe zone for free expression of ideas, there are no bad ideas that doesn't mean every idea will be added or can be added.

In an effort to acknowledge your wishes more we have decided to start tagging threads and even joining in on the discussion if needed. This is not a high priority though so there may be some time that new wishes might go a little while before being acknowledged, but we promise to try and do better at letting you know we are watching.

In the past we would just scroll through and look at them when we are looking at new features and additions to see what people are talking about, but no one knew we cared or watched, we do!

The Tags:

noted: This means that we have looked at your thread, we might add to the discussion and we will keep an eye on it. 

submitted: This means that its a intriguing idea and will be highlighted to management and the team, this doesn't mean it will happen tomorrow or even ever but it will be highlighted for possible addition to our internal plan.

already requested: This has already been requested by someone on the team or in the past by another user, its already in the system but again, no guarantee it will be done soon or not. 

reported: This is just straight up a bug or issue that needs to be put into our internal reporting system and we have skipped right to that to do so. 

available: If a thread is marked solved then a solution is already available in the sim.  

Discussions:

Wish List threads can be very personal, and as I said above there are no bad ideas. This doesn't mean everyone will like the idea. If you do not like the idea use the star rating on the threads
image.png

We do not have time to read through a 30 post thread of two people arguing why something is bad, in fact most times we will just read the first post for the idea and move on from there, if there are 30 posts and a good star rating we will just assume everyone loves the idea. Yes that means that those of you that love arguing about ideas you don't like will actually help the idea get views. So if you don't like it, don't respond, give it 1 star. And be nice to each other. 

Added 'available' for tags. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• NineLine unlocked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2023 at 11:35 PM, NineLine said:

Yes that means that those of you that love arguing about ideas you don't like will actually help the idea get views.

Brilliant :thumbup:

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 2/9/2023 at 5:35 PM, NineLine said:

Yes that means that those of you that love arguing about ideas you don't like will actually help the idea get views.

On 2/23/2023 at 3:12 AM, draconus said:

Brilliant :thumbup:

Ditto. Great way to handle it.

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Please ED, also consider giving the mission editor wish list sub forum the same love. Some great ideas over there and let's face it, DCS is currently still leaning very much on community made content/missions..

Also, as @draconus and @Ironhand already indicated, please don't pay "extra attention" to all the everlasting bumped up wishes (like the Super Hornet one, or one of the many "easy AAR" threads). It's basically a hand full of people that keep those discussions going, which doesn't represent the rest of the sometimes very feasible wishes.

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 2 months later...
39 minutes ago, CRUD said:

Update the Caucuses Map

Was updated for DCS 2.5, I'd rather prefer the map resources to be devoted to the Kola Map, as Caucasus has been used for far too long.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Fix the archaic wingman command system and accompanying radio voice files. (Yes- I know it is 'wip'- for the last several years.)

Working, modernized ATC system. A an updated AWACS coms logic would also be nice- with check-ins, report state etc.

Fix wakes on waves in high wind. 

Give start-up smoke to warbirds.

14 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Was updated for DCS 2.5, I'd rather prefer the map resources to be devoted to the Kola Map, as Caucasus has been used for far too long.

Kola is not 'Core' - it is a third party addon (Orbx).

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2023 at 11:35 PM, NineLine said:

Welcome to the Wish List section

Nineline, when i want to request something that's already requested (but some time ago and not yet tagged by a mod), should i necro that specific thread from years ago, or should i just make a new one?

• 2 weeks later...

There are lots of Mods simulating NOTO aircraft, such as FA 18,15E,5E,etc. I wish you can develop a more realistic SU27 with clickable cockpit and the full scale air to ground weapons. Su27 is a multi-purpose fighter, now we only have part of the function and a none clickable cockpit in flaming cliffs. I'd like to have a seperate model with full function simulation for Su27

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Please make the tooltips possible to toggle while in game (like the labels). If we are in multiplayer and trying to help another player over the radio it would be really helpful to see what the switches are called without having to have this always on or off.

Would also help learning new aircraft and mapping all those buttons! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi 
for Mission editor
Please add more condition options for moving zones.

i.e  "part of group within moving zone" "part of group out of moving zone"
"part of coalition within moving zone" "part of coalition out of moving zone"
"part of country within moving zone" "part of country out of moving zone"
+
"part of country in/out of zone"
"Missile within moving zone"

Edited by -Cipher-

CPU :Intel® Core i5-4690K CPU @3.50GHz 3.50GHz GPU :RX 580 Sapphire |RAM : 16GB | SSD 500GB & 1TB Samsung | Flight gear : T.16000 FCS Flight Pack

⚡ Wishlist :    F-117 Nighthawk  | F-14D Super Tomcat |  F-111 Aardvark | P-38M Lightning   ⚡

Please include all liveries for Neutral coalition (United Nations)

• Like 1

CPU :Intel® Core i5-4690K CPU @3.50GHz 3.50GHz GPU :RX 580 Sapphire |RAM : 16GB | SSD 500GB & 1TB Samsung | Flight gear : T.16000 FCS Flight Pack

⚡ Wishlist :    F-117 Nighthawk  | F-14D Super Tomcat |  F-111 Aardvark | P-38M Lightning   ⚡

Please make T-72B3 playable 

• Like 1

There are lots of Mods simulating NOTO aircraft, such as FA 18,15E,5E,etc. I wish you can develop a more realistic SU27 with clickable cockpit and the full scale air to ground weapons. Su27 is a multi-purpose fighter, now we only have part of the function and a none clickable cockpit in flaming cliffs. I'd like to have a seperate model with full function simulation for Su27
If you search the forum, you will have your answer.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Hi 
for Mission editor
Please add more condition options for moving zones.

i.e  "part of group within moving zone" "part of group out of moving zone"
"part of coalition within moving zone" "part of coalition out of moving zone"
"part of country within moving zone" "part of country out of moving zone"
+
"part of country in/out of zone"
"Missile within moving zone"
The ME has its own wishlist forum.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

For Air to Air Refueling:

1. Add ability to specify amount to be taken on to complete refueling when not filling tanks until full.

2.  Prevent AI aircraft from colliding with player aircraft during refueling evolution.  AI aircraft have collided with me while I was refueling an at least 3 occasions.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2023 at 11:55 PM, Riscorider said:

For Air to Air Refueling:

1. Add ability to specify amount to be taken on to complete refueling when not filling tanks until full.

2.  Prevent AI aircraft from colliding with player aircraft during refueling evolution.  AI aircraft have collided with me while I was refueling an at least 3 occasions.

good touch. option for tanker to report before making a turn ( 5 seconds before turn) to prevent surprise disconnect from tanker.

Hi I already reported T-72B3 to be playable. 

it would be really great to also have PT-76 playable.

Edited by -Cipher-

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

there is lot of wip modules and we patiently waiting for them, but I think that somebody should concentrate to adding more AI controlled planes, we got plenty of new ground vehicles, we got world war 2 assets, maps and planes which in my opinion doesn’t fit to this sim. I think it would be best to concentrate for Cold War era planes and helis for example Mi-4 would be nice, F-105, or IL-28 and such as AI controlled. This would really increase tge possibilities of mission editing and creating great scenarios. Why we getting eurofighter and modern jets where lot of systems are classified and we can’t simulate modern warfare, we have no possibilities of electronic warfare except one jamming script which is “fan made”

so in my opinion modern and WW2 era modules aren’t quite right and the sim should be going the way of not necessarily Cold War, but older machines. 
man’s my wish is more AI controlled planes and possibly assets to make the sim better (ATC, ground crew, ground radar strike command- something like ground radar unit which will work as awacs kinda and such things) 

But please don’t get it too hard, I love DCS and I know marketing is marketing this is just my opinion and wish for the way the sim could go. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

DCS in-game radio.  Add MIDS, and add the option to have separate radios heard on either left or right ear ie: F18 Comm 1 left ear, Comm 2 right ear.

cheers

• Like 1

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, toni said:

FB_IMG_1702994598407.jpg

You want a full fidelity Tow Tractor?

That is original, hats off! Haven't seen that wish before :thumbup:

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH