Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

2 hours ago, bennyboy9800 said:

Great addition! Does this system also include a CC vehicle? 

Nope, but I added the SR for 360 coverage. The base setup consists of the LN and the STR. 

• Like 3

Hi @currenthill, I've been a fan of your work for a while now and just wanted to know if there were any plans for some more British assets on the horizon, either naval (Type 22 frigate, QE class or modernised Invisible class), aerial (Tornado GR4 & Harrier F(A).2) or ground forces (Ajax, Boxer or Warrior WCSP).

I know some of these are already available in game through other mods but most lack the kind of quality and attention to detail found in your assets.

Either way, can't wait to see what you have in store next.

• Like 5

On 8/26/2023 at 9:20 PM, currenthill said:

I don't know why, but it's a lot harder to find good 3d models of western SAM systems compared to Russian and Chinese. The difference is enormous.  

... Because we need to test blue air assets against red ground assets ....? 🙂 .... 

If we cannot have full fidelity red airplanes, at least we can can have some good ground threats... which by the way stands quite close to real life 😄

Edited by Abburo
  • Like 1

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

image.pngRWR and HARM ID version 1.2.0 released!
Changelog Version 1.2.0

• Added Project 20381 Steregushchiy Class Corvette
  • Added Type 022 FAC
  • Added HQ-22 SAM
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Javier said:

It would be interesting if these air defense assets were compatible with the IADS script.

No, they are not compatible with Skynet IADS... Not much support from these devs. However, all CH assets except this new HQ-22 are compatible with MOOSE MANTIS, which is similar to Skynet, maybe even better if you ask me.

flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS_DEVELOP/Documentation/Functional.Mantis.html 

• Like 6

hace 2 horas, Abburo dijo:

No, no son compatibles con Skynet IADS... No hay mucho soporte por parte de estos desarrolladores. Sin embargo, todos los activos de CH, excepto este nuevo HQ-22, son compatibles con MOOSE MANTIS, que es similar a Skynet, tal vez incluso mejor si me preguntas.

flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS_DEVELOP/Documentation/Functional.Mantis.html 

Ok thanks, I thought MANTIS was only for AAA.  i will try it

• Like 1

MANTIS naming might not be the best choice indeed... you are correct as is related to C-RAMs defense. Moose Mantis script is a fully fledged Skynet approach. Use the "Auto Mode" and pay close attention to name convention. The "readme" explains everything very well. Just to highlight about CH assets:

• From SMA: RBS98M, RBS70, RBS90, RBS90M, RBS103A, RBS103B, RBS103AM, RBS103BM, Lvkv9040M NOTE If you are using the Swedish Military Assets (SMA), please note that the group name for RBS-SAM types also needs to contain the keyword "SMA"

• From CH: 2S38, PantsirS1, PantsirS2, PGL-625, HQ-17A, M903PAC2, M903PAC3, TorM2, TorM2K, TorM2M, NASAMS3-AMRAAMER, NASAMS3-AIM9X2, C-RAM, PGZ-09, S350-9M100, S350-9M96D NOTE If you are using the Military Assets by Currenthill (CH), please note that the group name for CH-SAM types also needs to contain the keyword "CHM"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello CH I'm currently having a problem with the Russians SAMs Textures not loading in also crashing the game every time I go view them I just inserted them into the game and loaded a mission and replaced the old units with the new but it still doesn't work and the launchers wont show up.

4 hours ago, Fuzy56 said:

Hello CH I'm currently having a problem with the Russians SAMs Textures not loading in also crashing the game every time I go view them I just inserted them into the game and loaded a mission and replaced the old units with the new but it still doesn't work and the launchers wont show up.

Sounds like you need to clean up both your main DCS folder and your saved games DCS folder.

• Like 2

Whenever using mods My game occasionally crashes. DCS for you lol. Always save missions. Currently making a nato strike on a Russian port. I did testing and my game didn't like it. What's weird is ur mods work fine, it's other mods that always crash My game.  Also ur mods are fantastic

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enoy said:

Whenever using mods My game occasionally crashes. DCS for you lol. Always save missions. Currently making a nato strike on a Russian port. I did testing and my game didn't like it. What's weird is ur mods work fine, it's other mods that always crash My game.  Also ur mods are fantastic

Thank you, I put a lot of time into going through the error log and making sure there aren't any latent errors lurking in the reeds. I also define almost all of my weapons and ammunition myself, to minimize the risk of external dependencies. 👍🏻

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

5 hours ago, hammergaming1978 said:

hello, I have suggestion for the USA infantry soldier pack you have, can you add a M4 variant and a SAW variant as well. And maybe a sniper team. this would round out a special operations team. 

I think I've mentioned it before. The plan is to add the lighter weapons to the US Infantry pack in the future. This would include the M4, M4/GL, M249 and M240. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Hello everyone. Many thanks for your remarkable work Current Hill.

In terms of idea I propose a Mistral class naval vessel which is a "Landing Helicopter Dock". There are 5 such ships. 3 French and 2 Egyptian.

I think it would add a touch of freshness to the Tarawa already present in DCS.

Egypt having recently entered the BRICS + it could according to the scenarios be used as much in REDFOR as BLUEFOR. With the SINAI map it might be a nice addition. What do you think ? Also note that Egypt has KA-52 planned to be deployed on the Mistral class. (Of course in DCS players will fly with the KA-50 BS III).

Video links with Egyptian deployment :

21093380723_4df59974c7_o.jpg

Mistral_class.gif

mistral-8.jpg

mistral-ship.jpg

QH_Peg4JrqdbAwWmC6kr-mQRoU_bbq-JYCuwDxrxOyE.webp

mistralcass-amphibiousassuaultship.jpg

• Like 5

DCS : "ORACLE 1-7 | Cochonou" 

Discord : une_merguez_d_avenir

2 hours ago, Abburo said:

STRF with ATGM ? ... soon Swedish army will be the most powerful here in DCS 🙂

Haha, yep. That's what you all have to live with since I'm a proud Swede. 

I really like the CV 90, so I had to make the CV 9050 (Mk IV) with the Bushmaster III 50 mm gun and Spike LR2 ATGM.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, currenthill said:

Haha, yep. That's what you all have to live with since I'm a proud Swede. 

I really like the CV 90, so I had to make the CV 9050 (Mk IV) with the Bushmaster III 50 mm gun and Spike LR2 ATGM.

I like continued use of the word "Gun". Don't look at the text before it that says 50mm... it's a gun. Putting a gun on an IFV is fine. Putting a cannon on an IFV gets people asking questions about vehicle "roles" and all that nonsense. 

Edited by SullyFUBAR
  • Like 1