Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

2 minutes ago, BlackFalco said:

Hi and thanks for your answer!

I followed the instruction with OvGME that lets you put all the mods into a "mod folder" and activate them from there via OvGME.  

Doesn't it work that way?

Yep, but you need to instruct OvGME where to put the files when you enable a mod. In the OvGME edit configuration you set the 'Configuration root folder' to your DCS saved games, and not your DCS Program files folder. 

I have two OvGME which I can switch between at the top of the GUI, one where the target folder is my DCS Saved games and one where my target is my DCS Program files. The latter is for mods that unfortunately need to be installed directly into DCS and won't work with the saved games folder. 

I think @Rudel_chw have described the OvGME installation and configuration multiple times, do a search. 👍🏻 

30 minuti fa, currenthill ha scritto:

Yep, but you need to instruct OvGME where to put the files when you enable a mod. In the OvGME edit configuration you set the 'Configuration root folder' to your DCS saved games, and not your DCS Program files folder. 

I have two OvGME which I can switch between at the top of the GUI, one where the target folder is my DCS Saved games and one where my target is my DCS Program files. The latter is for mods that unfortunately need to be installed directly into DCS and won't work with the saved games folder. 

I think @Rudel_chw have described the OvGME installation and configuration multiple times, do a search. 👍🏻 

Oh so the Configuration root folder should be "saved games" and not the DCS installation folder as said in the OvGME tutorial (https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/OVGME)?

That's what I was doin wrong then. 

2 minutes ago, BlackFalco said:

Oh so the Configuration root folder should be "saved games" and not the DCS installation folder as said in the OvGME tutorial (https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/OVGME)?

That's what I was doin wrong then. 

Correct. This is from the OvGME help:

Configuration root folder
This must be the path to the folder where mods will be installed when applyed. This is usually the game or software installation folder.

In this case you want them to be installed in the DCS saved games folder.

3 minutes ago, currenthill said:

This must be the path to the folder where mods will be installed when applyed. This is usually the game or software installation folder.

Also got a problem. OVGME does not recognize Russia, Sweden, USA and China packs. When trying to import manually, it says, that file is not a correct mod archive. I tried to repack them, barely worked. Maybe, thay are just too massive?

Edited by Wild_Weasel_31

Just now, Wild_Weasel_31 said:

Also got a problem. OVGME does not recognize Russian, USA and China packs. When trying to import manually, it says, that file is not a correct mod archive. I tried to repack them, barely worked. Maybe, thay are just too massive?

Yeah, I noticed that also. I came to the conclusion that it's the size that's messing OvGME up.

• Like 1

16 minuti fa, currenthill ha scritto:

This helped me a lot. I was about to get out of it crazy ahah. So we always should have 2 mods profiles? One for "saved games kinda mods" and one for "normal" mods?

Just now, BlackFalco said:

This helped me a lot. I was about to get out of it crazy ahah. So we always should have 2 mods profiles? One for "saved games kinda mods" and one for "normal" mods?

Yep, exactly. Unfortunately, you can have only one profile for each destination folder, so i have to keep tens of my different mods inside a single profile, unable to sort them

27 minutes ago, BlackFalco said:

That's a pretty old tutorial, made with the OvGME version of 2018. At that time ED hadnt yet created the mechanism that allows the user to MODify DCS without having to actually modify files on the game main program folder, you do the MODding on a look-alike folder structure that you create at /Saved Games/

here is a more up-to-date tutorial:

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

So I am having an interesting issue....I installed all the new asset packs the same as I always have with previous mods, I can see the modules in the mission editor but when I play the mission some of the assets will disappear. As in, they simply don't show up on the map, I can't select them, nothing...it appears to only be effecting the naval assets, as CH ground vehicles and aircraft show up and perform perfectly. Any idea what the issue could be? I have never seen an issue quite like this before.

15 minutes ago, Vegabond said:

So I am having an interesting issue....I installed all the new asset packs the same as I always have with previous mods, I can see the modules in the mission editor but when I play the mission some of the assets will disappear. As in, they simply don't show up on the map, I can't select them, nothing...it appears to only be effecting the naval assets, as CH ground vehicles and aircraft show up and perform perfectly. Any idea what the issue could be? I have never seen an issue quite like this before.

Make sure to delete all the my old assets. This sounds like a conflict. 

4 minutes ago, CRUD said:

Hmm Assets packs aren't working for me, they disallow DCS to start.  Can we have the old links back?

The asset packs works fine. You need to check for conflicts. 

I've mentioned it before, I've spawned every one of my 100+ assets in the same mission without any issues. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, currenthill said:

I've mentioned it before, I've spawned every one of my 100+ assets in the same mission without any issues. 

I thought I had done that, i'll check again just to be sure!

• Like 2

Just now, Vegabond said:

I thought I had done that, i'll check again just to be sure!

me too, still looking.  

5 minutes ago, currenthill said:

OK found them all finally.  Works good there was one I didn't see.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, currenthill said:

It seems that some sort of aircraft mod was causing the issue oddly enough, navel seems to be showing up now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alexsid said:

Hello, all currenthill mods  are now broken, and dont work in DCS, what happened? Played just fine 3 days ago, now I see them activated in DCS modules menu, but i cannot add them in mission editor, there are just no mod's units in the list at all. Tried old assest and updated as well.

Read the few posts above this, you have to delete all the OLD CH mods. then the asset packs will work.

I found this out the hard way too.

Edited by CRUD
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gabriel said:

One question, can anyone who buys the DCS MIG-29 Package fly the MIG-29 mod that currenthill made?

Nope, my aircraft are pure AI controlled.

2 hours ago, currenthill said:

So is their a list someplace that can help identify all the OLD assets?  Obviously all those prefixed with CH are simple but I thought there were some that did not have the prefix and I am having a hard time identifying them in my large list of mods.

8 часов назад, CRUD сказал:

Read the few posts above this, you have to delete all the OLD CH mods. then the asset packs will work.

I found this out the hard way too.

yes i cleared MOD folder completely and put there new assets. DIdnt help, still no mod units in the editor. What am i doing wrong?

image_2023-12-26_10-54-26.png

Edited by alexsid