POLL FOR NEXT DCS MODULE

colin5392

Would Eagle Dynamics consider running a poll to determine the next official Eagle Dynamics module (post Chinook/Hellcat)?

One poll for jets and another for helicopters

A realistic poll listing aircraft that can actually be turned into a full-fidelity module

2 hours ago, colin5392 said:

Hellcat

Hellcat?! 😃

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

A poll would be unlikely to help or guide any real life access to aircraft.

First, I'm assuming you mean the next ED module as they are going to be directing third parties.

Second, I'm guessing their decision to develop something is based on so many external factors (access to aircraft, permission, access to de-classified information etc...) that it wouldn't matter what people voted for.

Yes, just because you have access to all information on X aircraft doesn't mean it will be next, but if you don't have any of that information you are guaranteed it won't be next.

At best you might be able to run a poll that lists the aircraft ED feel they are capable of making based on the above, but I'm guessing they haven't done exhaustive research on every aircraft they could possibly do either.

Also, I think the current announcements are going to keep them busy for a long time.

• Like 1

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS

As WWII goes (other than the already announced Hellcat and Corsair which I can't wait for) I'd like to see a Hawker Hurricane or P-38.

Also can't wait for the lancaster.... oooooweeeee that'll be sweet to start up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS

Yeah a poll is not practical unless ED tells us what can be donde. but maybe WWII is quite available, and nothing should be confidential, so maybe there is a good place to start.. then again the developer hearts weights a lot too, we are getting the Hellcat because its what Nick wants 😉 (and i ain´t complaining one bit...) you cant create this art pieces without soem extent of love no matter how many units you sell.. its a labor of love, and thats why we get the odd modules like MB 339, Bo 105, I 16...

• Like 1

Wouldn't mind an ME-262 either but I'm not sure that would be practical to expect much information on it.

Honestly I like this idea. Put up a poll for the aircraft they have the documents for. Then let us decide. The issue I see though is the forums are just a vocal minority. Most players aren't even on the forums. So some kind of market analysis has to factor into their decisions. Also the may be making a modual to capitalize on future functionalities in the sim. I suspect that is the reason for the CH-47. It seem logistics are going to ba a part of the dynamic campaign. So having a heavy hauler makes sense. 

On 2/21/2023 at 3:57 PM, trevoC said:

A poll would be unlikely to help or guide any real life access to aircraft.

A poll won't help you get access to any aircraft, but a list of aircraft ED believes can be done should guide the poll. For example there might not be enough information for the F-84 but there might be several libraries of data for the F8F and hurricane. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FlankerKiller said:

Honestly I like this idea. Put up a poll for the aircraft they have the documents for. Then let us decide.

Yea but then the people would know what documents of which aircraft they have and all hell would break loose 🤣

• Like 2

On 2/21/2023 at 11:54 AM, colin5392 said:

Would Eagle Dynamics consider running a poll to determine the next official Eagle Dynamics module (post Chinook/Hellcat)?

One poll for jets and another for helicopters

A realistic poll listing aircraft that can actually be turned into a full-fidelity module

why limit the poll to aircraft why not have tanks and ships too? 

• Like 2

"You know, each year my wife exactly tells me what she wants for her birthday."

"Wow! So what did she want?"

"Well, for the past 20 years she always wanted a piano"

---

We can poll all we want. We get whatever ED believes best fit their business. Our input is welcome, interesting, and that's pretty much it.

11 hours ago, upyr1 said:

why limit the poll to aircraft why not have tanks and ships too? 

I couldn't agree more. Yes the ground Ai would need serious improvement. But I think some of that will be coming with the dynamic campaign. The attack helicopters kinda open the door to ground warfare. I know people talk about long drive times. But I don't see it. You can spawn right at the front. I personally think that with the AIs we have and the muti crew we have that DCS Leopold would sell like hotcakes. Hopefully ED is thinking about this kind of thing. I truly wish the team that did Sam Simulator would come on over. That would be an absolute blast. 

7 hours ago, FlankerKiller said:

You can spawn right at the front.

Only if that unit exists. AFAIK, unlike aircraft that poof into existence when a player occupies that slot, taking over ground units currently requires them to exist. If they are at the front, they won't exist much longer. Also, the rivet-counters would turn blue in the face over this 'arcadization' of DCS, but that's their problem 🙂

7 hours ago, FlankerKiller said:

the muti crew we have that DCS Leopold would sell like hotcakes

I hope you mean 'Leopard', the tank named after the big cat, not the comfy chair named after the monarch 🙂 - but 'sell like hotcakes' is IMHO a rather unfounded assertion: MP is still (lamentably) a tiny fraction of all DCS play, and in MP, even multi-crew aircraft are mostly flown single-player. So a ground-based, MC-dependent 'target' module (because, let's be honest, ground forces currently only exist as targets for things with wings, especially wings that turn) will not be a commercial hit with customers unless there's a lot interesting stuff for them to do. Currently, pretty much all you can do in a ground unit is die. While enroute to the front.

• Like 1

cfrag, I'm not going to argue with you. Also not interested in derailing this thread. I think there would be some value I ED conducting polls to gage interest in aircraft that they have data for. But I don't think a larg enough cross-section of players is represented on the forums for such a poll to be of much value. 

• Like 1

ED already stated choosing modules they judge many necessary factors, community intrest in particular aircraft, potential sales, access to declassified data, subject matters experts willing to cooperate, manhours needed to code it in realistic way, cost of the license and willingness of manufacturer to cooperate etc.

They read this forum and they have really good idea which aircrafts people would like to see, but all other factors above have to be met. I.e. they've managed to negotiate and buy pack of licences from Boeing for highly anticipated, possible to model, with SMEs, well selling and declassified Hornet, Strike Eagle, Apache and Chinook so they are making them, giving F-15E to Razbam.

Edited by bies
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2023 at 7:19 PM, FlankerKiller said:

I couldn't agree more. Yes the ground Ai would need serious improvement. But I think some of that will be coming with the dynamic campaign. The attack helicopters kinda open the door to ground warfare. I know people talk about long drive times. But I don't see it. You can spawn right at the front. I personally think that with the AIs we have and the muti crew we have that DCS Leopold would sell like hotcakes. Hopefully ED is thinking about this kind of thing. I truly wish the team that did Sam Simulator would come on over. That would be an absolute blast. 

I figure ground and naval modules would help solve the asset problem. I'd love to see a DCS Iowa-class battleship module. The whole class is available.